It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont like surprises

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Elysian

Intent is all that matters. Only you know if your thoughts were to kill it or just a reaction to hit the thing off your lap with your hand.
If your thoughts were to kill it, and you don't have dangerous spiders in your nation, then we would not find agreement.
If you accidentally killed it while you reacted in fear to hit it away, then we would find agreement.

If I'm say repairing a stone wall or whatever I blow spiders out of harms way, or use a soft brush, so they I don't needlessly kill them. I worked with a guy once and he laughed at me because of it. I told him it was unlikely we would ever be friends.

If I see a snail on the pavement (sidewalk) heading towards grass or bushes I always pick them up and give them a free ride to their destination. I can see they are at risk of being stepped on and because I've thought of it I would feel troubled with myself if I couldn't even give 2 or 3 seconds of my time to help a living thing.

When I step on snails accidentally in the dark I say sorry but don't feel bad because it was not my intention to kill it.
Same with your spider, if you didn't intend to kill it then don't worry, but if your intention was to kill it and it wasn't dangerous, well, we would not find agreement.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elysian
a reply to: valiant

No I cant afford pets

That's a good thing LOL

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Was the crying about killing it not enough?
Now attempting to make me feel worse

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

If I could, I would want a pet cobra
Still debating whether defanged or not
That seems cruel
But if it bites me it will be trapped and died in its terrarium eventually anyway which is worse
I think defanged would be best for both of us

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Haha you scary!

Yeah, defanged is the way to go for you it seems

I'd probably be alrate with a snake, just no no for spiders!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

How am I scary?!
Im a princess I deserve exotic pets

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Killing it is nothing to feel bad about if that was not your intention at the time.
Only you know that, and if you do feel bad then perhaps it will help you think about killing intentionally in future.

...one spider in a shock situation is just a lesson about how you feel about such things so all good, you obviously do care about living things. But if you were someone who hunted spiders to kill them then that would be different!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

lol hey I meant it as a compliment!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How is scary a compliment?!
Scary is what keeps people away
I cant even show off my sword collection because it scares away potential friends or love interests

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Wow, I'm struggling to think of something more cruel to do to an animal so you can satisfy your selfish desire to own a pet.
Nope, if you think that is a cool way to treat a living thing then it is unlikely we would ever be friends.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It's a compliment from me!

Pfft if that scares them away, you are just meeting the wrong people!

Make a happy face.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Remind me where we had made any kind decision to be friends?

Hell I am a pet collared and all
And not looking forward to the punishment I have waiting for one of my # ups last week... hoping Mistress forgets...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Wrong people is all I ever meet

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

We all gotta dig through crap at first

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Remind me where we had made any kind decision to be friends?
That is a silly request to make, clearly I was just informing you that we would not be friends if you think it's cool to remove fangs from a snake just so you can keep it as a pet. It was a statement worded to comply with T's & C's.

I think it is barbaric, and indicates much about you. It also influences my thoughts about any interaction I may or may not have with you in the future.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I dont like digging
The fact is even posting is going against my nature
If I was just to be myself no one would know me because I wouldn't go out of my way like that to interact

I would rather sit quietly in a corner

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Okay
Good luck with that

And hey before you make judgement calls you should pay better attention to whats said

Maybe if you didnt fly off the handle you would have noticed that im at a conflict with the concept of defanging a snake and I specifically stated it seems cruel

Selfish and selfless are in a constant flux with me and I make the decision I want in the end

But to accuse me of being innately cruel is a transgression I do not easily forgive.

I can poke holes in your logic bucket all day and nothing you say will hold water if thats where you want to take this.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Neither do I.
I'm like that to an extent too, but I let myself loose once in a while, and there's some good folks here, the only place I post on the net really.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Okay
Good luck with that

And hey before you make judgement calls you should pay better attention to whats said

I paid attention, this was your final sentence in your reply:

You decided defanging was the way forward. I think it is barbaric.

Maybe if you didnt fly off the handle you would have noticed that im at a conflict with the concept of defanging a snake and I specifically stated it seems cruel

Selfish and selfless are in a constant flux with me and I make the decision I want in the end
Of course you do, and you decided that a barbaric act against an animal, solely to keep it as a pet, was the way forward. That is fairly clear.
And as far as 'flying off the handle' goes, nope, don't be silly, all my words are calm and reasoned, perhaps you it would be helpful for you to read them again, I haven't edited anything, as you can see.

But to accuse me of being innately cruel is a transgression I do not easily forgive.
Well if you intentionally kill non-dangerous spiders, and support defanging of snakes to keep as pets, it does indicate much about you. Only you know, but based on your posted words in this thread I imagine I will not be alone in my thoughts.

I can poke holes in your logic bucket all day and nothing you say will hold water if thats where you want to take this.
Please do, I enjoy robust and logical debate.
So, which particular points from everything I have stated her do you feel you can 'poke holes in my logic' then?

...oh, and please directly quote me instead of inventing words or phrases which I have not actually posted myself.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I have no need to quote you, by simple website design any attempt to alter anything you have said will be recorded and put on display.

Moreover you already quoted most of what i need

"I think defanged would be best"

"I THINK"

let that sink in for a bit

I made no decision, i was still in the process, and quite frankly with the fluid transition of topics in my constantly shifting mindset, it is well and gone and i no longer have interest in making the decision regardless.

Furthermore, calling a decision i make, or have yet to make, as barbaric is ergo calling me myself barbaric unless specifically stated otherwise to clear confusion for readers.

You're automatic assumption that i kill every spider i encounter is woefully misplaced. The spider that i killed had caught me by surprise and i was startled. In the heat of the moment i crushed it.

However the other day i saved a spiders life, even took a philosophical outlook on its struggle as watching it caught me contemplating life itself

Quite frankly i have you entrapped in your own game

A bold claim on my part accusing you of attempting a ploy, however i would rather be wary of a ploy and be wrong then let you get away with said ploy.

You have yourself trapped in a box, anything short of factual tangible truth visible for readers to see for themselves will invalidate anything you have to say.

Your opinions do not matter at this point in time however you may redeem yourself

I believe you are intelligent enough to understand this, as you are clearly intelligent enough not to resort to childish tactics which will automatically invalidate anything you have said or will say.

On the same note, i too must be wary of what i say fore i may also trap myself in the box.

I invented nothing, i have not claimed you have said anything that you have not
Anyone who can read will see that unless you otherwise attempt to alter your statements.

Now, i am at work, and i will respond when time permits.

You don't like me thats fine
I never asked you to like me
I expressed no interest in friendship with you
I didnt start this thread for a debate, you decided to make it a moral issue, that i have no interest in partaking in.

As i said, i do what i want

You dont like it, dont respond, im sure both of us have better things to do particularly since im at work, myself.

As far as i know, im aware of no 'ignore' function on this site, which i would suggest you apply to me, so we do not have to have a ridiculous waste of time like this again.

<< 1    3 >>

join