It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaplains banned from preaching that homosexuality is a sin.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Slowly it starts; secular government forcing those who preach the word of God as to what they "can say" and "cannot say" in public.

It wasn't so much a choice as it was a demand.

Chaplain David Wells was told he could either sign a state-mandated document promising to never tell inmates that homosexuality is "sinful" or else the Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice would revoke his credentials.

"We could not sign that paper," Chaplain Wells told me in a telephone call from his home in Kentucky. "It broke my heart."

The Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice revoked his volunteer credentials as an ordained minister – ending 13 years of ministry to underage inmates at the Warren County Regional Juvenile Detention Center.

"We sincerely appreciate your years of service and dedication to the youth served by this facility," wrote Superintendent Gene Wade in a letter to Wells. "However, due to your decision, based on your religious convictions, that you cannot comply with the requirements outlined in DJJ Policy 912, Section IV, Paragraph H, regarding the treatment of LGBTQI youth, I must terminate your involvement as a religious volunteer."

LINK

The Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice supports homosexuality and no one is allowed to speak out against it, that is if you want to work in Kentucky at Juvenile Justice. This is not the first time the US government has gotten involved with the Christian religion and it will not be the last time either.

Am I upset? No way ..... actually it is only a small part of bible prophecy that we are living in today. For me......One step closer to God.

So to the US government and haters of God's word can you do me a favor and speed up the process of persecuting the Christians in the states? I don't know maybe start off with jail terms for anyone who "thinks" they have "freedom of speech" who talks about God and his word? Then pick up the pace and ban Christian proselytizing while you openly support other faiths. Maybe put a mosque on every corner in America and burn down those churches that preach the word of God. Then maybe you can pull out those guillotines you allegedly have stored in the US and start using them and lets put the Christian faith to the test.

end of sarcasm

edit on 13-8-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

?Is it the word of God.

Everyone who is involved in a religion has their own idea, their own interpretation as to what that actually is and which can be made sense of .

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

?Is it the word of God.

Everyone who is involved in a religion has their own idea, their own interpretation as to what that actually is and which can be made sense of .

You are correct and a US state has denied the right of "someone in faith" from talking about what the bible specifically states is a sin.

BUT..... lets take a quick look in Texas:

Atheists still unhappy over 'Jesus welcomes you' sign on private property.

LINK

Even though this sign is on private property atheist feel offended and DEMAND its removal. This is OK ... right?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Lol.

Let's take religion out of the correctional system completely.

So I can laugh when everyone starts asking, "Why are recidivism rates skyrocketing?"

Not that they aren't already high, but you get the drift. Let's take one of the few things in prison that can help someone change their ways and commit to living a moral lifestyle away.

And then lament the quality of our correctional system.

Oh, it's a kids' prison. That must be why.

I'm sticking to my story anyway.
edit on 8/13/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Instead of religion how about we educate these kids with Science, Philosophy, Literature and Rational Thought. I'm pretty sure by the time they get out many (not all) will be productive members of society.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Maybe thats why recidivism is so high to begin with. Your logic fails. Recidivism is stupid high with all kinds of Jesus around, so getting rid of it aint gonna change anything, unless maybe for the better.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Instead of religion how about we educate these kids with Science, Philosophy, Literature and Rational Thought. I'm pretty sure by the time they get out many (not all) will be productive members of society.

Those children in jail are required to attend a secular schooling that already teaches the things you speak of. I should know I was in one of them during my juvenile rebellion days.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Maybe all of you religion pushers can learn a lesson here, talk to people about how to live life right, instead of chastising them for what you think is wrong.

Tell them why it's wrong to steal, not that they are wrong for feeling how they feel.

If you can't abide homosexuality because of your religious beliefs, look around the world at the people that agree with you.

They're the guys throwing people off of buildings and casting the first stone.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

Maybe thats why recidivism is so high to begin with. Your logic fails. Recidivism is stupid high with all kinds of Jesus around, so getting rid of it aint gonna change anything, unless maybe for the better.

Someone agrees with you because of the star you received.

It must have been that word "aint" that impressed them.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Maybe all of you religion pushers can learn a lesson here, talk to people about how to live life right, instead of chastising them for what you think is wrong.

Tell them why it's wrong to steal, not that they are wrong for feeling how they feel.

If you can't abide homosexuality because of your religious beliefs, look around the world at the people that agree with you.

They're the guys throwing people off of buildings and casting the first stone.

You do make a good point however with one large disinfo - not all, actually few REAL Christians chastise those who live in sin. Screaming and humiliating someone never works. This is what the religious leaders of the day of Christ could not understand as to why Jesus ate with the sinners and spent all his time with them instead of with them.

Sinners need Christ and need to learn how to walk the straight and narrow path that leads us to God.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Good about time some put aside their old man man out of date laws I thought a prison would be state run and not allowed sermons preaching hate any how.
Sure keep bleating your hate filled rants on private property but this is a state run prison.
How many kids has that chaplain preached at who were gay? and in prison? bet he cheered them right up didn't he.
Keep cherry picking which ones you shout about the most though dude.
You persecute and people persecute back.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

They already do that.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It is not a Sin as Sins do not exist; except of course, for the simple minded that think masturbating is somehow going to send you to a fiery tortuous HELL for all eternity.

Sin is a fictional,hypothetical situation to control simple minded people.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Chaplains should be banned from TEACHING anything.

Having a Master's degree in divinity is the same as having a Master's degree in the Force…

May the Farce be with you.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Good about time some put aside their old man man out of date laws I thought a prison would be state run and not allowed sermons preaching hate any how.
Sure keep bleating your hate filled rants on private property but this is a state run prison.
How many kids has that chaplain preached at who were gay? and in prison? bet he cheered them right up didn't he.
Keep cherry picking which ones you shout about the most though dude.
You persecute and people persecute back.

You said:

Good about time some put aside their old man man out of date laws

So who determined which laws of God are out of date? YOU?

Sure keep bleating your hate filled rants on private property

How is a sign that says: "Jesus Welcomes You" a hate filled rant?

Stay off the steroids it has been affecting your brain........DUDE.

You constantly attack Christian threads and your WEAK attempts to make a spin off often make no sense because you twist the meaning of it. You can't debate you only whine and scream like a child.

edit on 13-8-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

How about we give them weight rooms so when they get out they're massive and intimidating?

How about we allow them to congregate in prison so they can form and join gangs and give each other tips on how to be better criminals?

Oh wait, they already do that.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Laws from men.
Oh and yes preaching being gay is a sin is hate filled.
It isn't and most of western society agrees it's only one group I see who wish to demonise gay folk.
Oh and tough luck If you want people to agree with you and your religion go to another site.
Also just to point out If it was Hindus being told they can not tell everyone they can't say "don't eat cows" this thread wouldn't exist.
edit on 13-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Sounds like a worthy cause. You should go volunteer the next 13 years of your life doing that.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I do get your point. I still will have to add, for those who may not have personal experience, that in prison just like war-zones there will always be plenty of prayer and reliance on one's God. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Sounds like a worthy cause. You should go volunteer the next 13 years of your life doing that.

Why should anyone volunteer to teach when Chaplains get a salary?

work.chron.com...

Salaries for state prison chaplains vary from state to state. For example, in 2008, a prison chaplain working in North Carolina would earn a total compensation package valued between $35,337 and $61,632, with a trainee earning slightly less. This includes benefits, such as insurance, a retirement program and paid vacation. According to Oregon Capital News, state prison chaplains working in Oregon in 2010 earned total annual compensation between $46,932 and $65,940, including insurance and retirement benefits. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics maintains no data specific to state prison chaplains, but reports that members of the clergy earn annual wages between $23,570 and $78,420.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join