It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice about toxic coworkers?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Itisnowagain not my job to improve a massive international media organisation, way beyond my pay grade, just move on to greener pastures. I did my bit

I don't see how 'you did your bit'. You were not honest. You are part of the corruption.
HR asked you questions and you knew that they knew he was a problem and it seems you did not tell them truthful answers.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain I told her he was one of the reasons I left. That. Was my bit. I didn't owe the company anything. It's a capitalist environment, morals are not exactly highly valued. , so I went where I could get more money simple. I didn't want to tell them the full details, because it was a small industry and I might have bumped into him again along the way. No point in making enemies.

edit on 13-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Itisnowagain I told her he was one of the reasons I left. That. Was my bit. I didn't owe the company anything. It's a capitalist environment, morals are not exactly highly valued.

How highly do you value morals?
You did not tell HR what was happening - you just told them that he was one of the reasons you were leaving but gave no details.
If there is behaviour going on in the workplace which is unacceptable, is it not morally right to speak out when asked?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Morals are relative, back then all I cared about was changing job and getting out of the company. Maybe I should of said more, but like I say no point in making enemies with in a small industry. So morals weren't of great importance at the time. My own well being took priority.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
I understand, your well being does come first - I agree.
However, sometimes it is a good thing for your well being to speak out and not feel like a victim in a situation. It can be a mentality which is there that has to be overcome. Beliefs like 'the company has not got high morals' and 'the boss is senior and should not act like that' and 'he will get me one day' are signs of a victim mentality.
There is support everywhere if it is sought in the right places. Trusting that the world cannot be trusted is not a good place to be.

edit on 13-8-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: Lazarusman04

Three coworkers in a different department are a triad of chicken little sky is falling gossip fests. One likes to take things out of my job description, one dumps stuff on me at the last moment, and the last one makes up stuff. She withheld payroll and budget info from me, then when I called HR to get said info, told me to stop because HR was complaining about my many questions. (I finally called HR and asked them point blank about it, and they denied it.)
It's daily little manipulative things that make my work look bad- refusing to answer my emails on projects I'm responsible for, suddenly changing policy when I notice a discrepancy, and odd, patronizing emails and speeches when I ask a question.

I love my boss, I love my job, and I wish working with these weirdos would, well, work. It takes so much more effort to complicate things like they do. I want to just get things done.

I don't know how much your boss would back you up, but if a colleague is refusing to answer emails and give you needed information, perhaps you could send a copy of all future emails to your boss. State in every email that you need the information by a specific time and then if you don't get it you can tell your boss that you are still waiting.

To avoid discrepancies - ask to be sent future instructions via email and if a later problem arises, you have proof of what you were asked to do.
edit on 13-8-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Sounds like my boss.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain victim my arse. Sometimes you have to pick your fights wisely.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Does it mean having the capacity to make a graph which portrays that you did better than you really did?

Competition makes for corruption because no one wants to appear not good enough - so lying happens. No one is honest about anything.

You're describing corruption, not healthy competition. I don't know where you've worked before, but healthy competition is possible--and if someone starts corrupting it, that person should be fired.

You seem to have a really bad outlook on what it is like to work with others and have a job where you can actually feed off of others' skills to better yourself and everyone else at the same time.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Show them up by ignoring their nonsense and doing a better job.
Own their ass.

This. In all the years I have been working the best advice I ever received and now give is simple. Don't look at what everyone else is saying or not doing, just what you are saying or doing. Eventually the toxic people do themselves in, and it frustrates them more when you don't let their antics bother you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join