It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"LIVE" stream of the Perseids Meteor Shower NOW!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Perseids Meteor Shower being streamed live by NASA
For those with not that great of weather or the ability to go outdoors without a lot of light pollution, NASA is providing a live stream (and some music even at times).

They also are answering space-related questions off of Twitter..

NASA Live Meteor Shower streaming through USTREAM

For those that can get outside with good weather and 'little light pollution', you want to look towards the NorthEast.

Every year, from around July 17 to August 24, our planet Earth crosses the orbital path of Comet Swift-Tuttle, the parent of the Perseid meteor shower.

edit on 8/12/2015 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
FCUCK; it is still daylight…..

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
it is still daylight…..

Not with the live stream...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous
I only live my life tethered to ATS as I am stuck in orbit as part of an experiment to monitor just how many mundane posts and intelligent posts it would take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop….

So I can't get freeeeeeeeeeeee…………..

ATS Theater 4000

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing. Going out side right now to see if I can see!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Just popping in before bed and I find this great thread Johnny...

This does explain the loooong tail I saw on a particularly brilliant and large "falling star" a bit ago.

Think it is safe to say that my wish could still come true since I did not know that it is meteor show time?

WEll, what to do? I will probably go hang out for a bit more to try and catch at least one more before Zzzzzz.

Will this still be going tomorrow night?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Just popping in before bed and I find this great thread Johnny...
Will this still be going tomorrow night?

Yes although tonite (and this early morning) is suppose to be the 'best in show'. But short answer is that it will still be going on tomorrow night (and again in the early morning). Best time to see them is supposedly from about 2:30am till about 4:30am.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Please don't pull a Boltzmann on me however, it is very overcast tonight and I can't see the damn (*%%((&*&* sky.

Try again tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It's a work in progress; I've got one more long meteor to add to the stack, but here's a picture of some Perseids I was able to catch with the camera this morning.
h.dropcanvas.com...
By eye I was able to see much more of the sky and caught many more, but there's a particularly bright one in the lower quadrant of the image, and the Andromeda galaxy and Pleiades are visible near the top left and right of the image respectively. There are a couple small streaks in there too, but you really have to look for them. The constellation Perseus is near the center of the image.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't want to see white pixels streak across the screen; I want to see the real deal. But the only shower we had today was rain.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Sorry to hear that
. It was a nice meteor shower, but I have yet to see any that can come close to rivaling the meteor storms from the Leonids back in the early 2000's.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Here's the completed processing on my meteor pictures:
h.dropcanvas.com...
h.dropcanvas.com...
Wide field stack:
h.dropcanvas.com...

new topics

top topics

join