It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Jet Awakens with the Seeds of Life

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Yep, quite apparent.....LIFE ALL OVER THIS PLACE!!! If you mean Earth then you are correct.....Other than that? Try again....Or show it

And now we've gone full circle.

Plausible =/= certain.

It is PLAUSIBLE that life exists elsewhere in the universe given that:

1) We know life can exist

2) We now the building blocks are found in a lot of places we look

3) The universe is astronomically large (possibly infinite)

Ergo, it is PLAUSIBLE (i.e. believable) that life exists elsewhere.

P-L-A-U-S-I-B-L-E. plɔːzɪb(ə)l. Not:

LIFE ALL OVER THIS PLACE!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Again....I said it is NOT very plausible....Maybe to YOU!

Why are you now arguing something I said 10 posts ago? I am done with semantics, your points are opinion and are not very believable. TO ME...again semantics

Want to know why I don't find it very believable life exists elsewhere? Because it doesn't, we have found no such thing....Nor will we, IE: NOT VERY PLAUSIBLE TO ME.....

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Again....I said it is NOT very plausible....Maybe to YOU!

I'm am eager to hear exactly why...

Why are you now arguing something I said 10 posts ago? I am done with semantics, your points are opinion and are not very believable. TO ME...again semantics

Want to know why I don't find it very believable life exists elsewhere? Because it doesn't, we have found no such thing....Nor will we, IE: NOT VERY PLAUSIBLE TO ME.....

Peace

Bro you've been arguing against a mirror for the last couple of pages. Take a few deep breaths and critically evaluate the life choices that brought you to this point.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Life choices? Attacks....?

I gave you my opinion and explained why and now you are eager to hear exactly why? Again.....

I haven't been arguing against a mirror but I have been beating my head off the wall.....

Here, I don't find it VERY believable as you put it because it isn't out there! We haven't found life, signs of life, nothing more than a "building block" every now and again, please don't mistake that with life...

IE: NOT VERY PLAUSIBLE......To me......Again

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I love how the evidence just keeps adding up, while the creationists just keep ignoring it all. It's a tornado junkyard indeed.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

The analogy does not illustrate how chemistry works, not even close!.
If you put a bolt and nut in a can and shake it around it is very unlikely that the nut will spin around the bolt and make any connection. You take two molecules and shake them in the same way, you could get a reaction that puts them together.
I guess the creationist failed basic high school chemistry and biology, another bad example showing the failure of the education system.

Notice no creationist has anything useful to say about the OP? They don't want reality creeping into their fantasy world, it's a threat to cognitive dissonance and imaginary world views.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

We haven't found life, signs of life, nothing more than a "building block" every now and again...

Chemistry is chemistry. If you put the same ingredients into the same environment you'll get the same chemical reactions. There's no logical reason to assume that life is unique on planet Earth other than uneducated religious fervour.

We only studied Pluto for the first time last month, does that mean we know nothing of the solar system? Knowledge takes time and patience. Try to show some of the latter.

edit on 14-8-2015 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Giant space turd, nothing more

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Giant space turd, nothing more

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: pianoasis

That's funny! If you could smell Comet 67P it would probably smell like ass, but unlike a "turd" no microbiota discovered in Comet yet.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
I love how the evidence just keeps adding up, while the creationists just keep ignoring it all. It's a tornado junkyard indeed.

They found some of the simplest carbon containing molecules... whoopty doo. That's hardly indicative of a universe teaming with life.

Find me an informational polymer that didn't come from Earth and I might raise an eyebrow... but I'll still believe Jesus died for my sins.

What would really be funny is if a UFO lands in your yard and a liitle green alien steps out holding a Bible.

edit on 15-8-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Barcs

They found some of the simplest carbon containing molecules... whoopty doo. That's hardly indicative of a universe teaming with life.

Find me an informational polymer that didn't come from Earth and I might raise an eyebrow... but I'll still believe Jesus died for my sins.

What would really be funny is if a UFO lands in your yard and a liitle green alien steps out holding a Bible.

You just proved my point. You aren't interested in any evidence. No matter what is discovered you will plug your ears and yell loudly to drown it out because of blind belief in something that is a complete guess. Scientists could watch a comet hit a planet and watch abiogenesis happen in real time and you'd still deny it. The evidence itself matters not when you remove yourself from reality.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Scientists could watch a comet hit a planet and watch abiogenesis happen in real time and you'd still deny it

Oh has that happened?

Awesome, show me that!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join