It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Things Shills Don't Want You To Know

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
After working my tail off today, I decided to take a break and pursue YouTube for a bit. This popped up as a suggested video and I found it rather informative and thought I would share!

We all know this is a growing issue all over the net. It's annoying, but understandable. I guess.

Wonder how many of each kind are posting on ATS on a daily basis??
edit on 12-8-2015 by lovebeck because: Imbed Probs

edit on 12-8-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
yvid /yvid

Is the command for youtube videos.
With the brackets on the ends of course.
www.youtube.com...

Here is the link, that has a weird code at the end, not sure which to use.
edit on thWed, 12 Aug 2015 17:38:26 -0500America/Chicago820152680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Fixed it.Not used to being on ATS using my phone and couldn't remember the HTML, at first. I'm totally exhausted and my brain is mush...

But, I checked it and fixed it. Thanks tho!

First world problems at its best, lol.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Why does the vid seem to present itself in a comedy fashion? Using comedy is one of the most powerful tools the shills have!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

That actually is informative, as well as amusing. Is it bad that I am now sure of at least three people on ATS being one of these puppets? The meat variety, as a matter of fact.
What tangled webs we weave...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

That actually is informative, as well as amusing. Is it bad that I am now sure of at least three people on ATS being one of these puppets? The meat variety, as a matter of fact.

tell us who they are! then ask them to hire me...id love to get paid to write bs...ive honestly never noticed them but thats probably cause i just block out everyone that i think is silly.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Why does the vid seem to present itself in a comedy fashion? Using comedy is one of the most powerful tools the shills have!

..or that people that want to inform have.

There is nothing particularly deceptive about using humor as a tool to keep an audience focused.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I love the 'stuff they don't want you to know' videos. S&F.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The JTRIG crowd are the ones to spit on, it has to be the worst form of propaganda of all of them.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

originally posted by: tigertatzen

tell us who they are! then ask them to hire me...id love to get paid to write bs...ive honestly never noticed them but thats probably cause i just block out everyone that i think is silly.

I have never noticed anyone either and I am very aware of patterns and have a very good memory. I think the reason we do not notice them because it is a lot of hyped rumour. If I was any Intelligence Agency a site like ATS would be the least of my concerns.

Try getting this lot to believe anything else other than the hype would be a task and a half though. I think it is entertainment in a strange way to dream of self importance that you are somehow a dangerous revolutionary and a threat to the authorities, when in actual fact you are sitting in your bedroom tapping away on an iPhone or whatever. I get many an amused hour out of it all watching the wheels go round and round. It is almost like a role playing pc game. It suits the gaming generation quite nicely.

Meanwhile real life goes on all around you!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
There may be a couple of shills in the ATS mix. Who knows? But the term "shill" is normally used here to label someone who does not agree with the Conspiracy of the Day. It is used as an "ad hominem" attack against the poster which, of course, is a logical fallacy. You see the same logic used when someone criticizes any politically correct subject. For example, if someone points out that the quickest way to get AIDS is to be a promiscuous gay male, people will say, "You're a homophobe!" Or if someone says, "You know, Blacks have some problems they need to deal with in terms of their own behavior," we know without reading any further that they will inevitably be called a "racist." And just to list one that some people here will be on opposite sides of, if someone says, "You know, the Jews are the ones who call all outsiders "Gentiles." Well, of course they are "anti-semetic."

It's easy to label people rather than deal with the issues raised. What is particularly amusing is that some people feel they are just a bit extra smart and "know how to tell" if someone is a shill by paying careful attention to the wording. Every few weeks we get a post claiming "10 easy ways to tell if a shill is posting." and some such. Typical internet stuff: "10 easy ways to lose weight."

But the heart of the matter is this: When you see someone calling someone else a "shill," you know the accuser has no idea what he is talking about. He has absolutely no evidence whatsoever. It's a lazy fool's way out of dealing with the issues.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
There may be a couple of shills in the ATS mix. Who knows? But the term "shill" is normally used here to label someone who does not agree with the Conspiracy of the Day. It is used as an "ad hominem" attack against the poster which, of course, is a logical fallacy. You see the same logic used when someone criticizes any politically correct subject.

It's easy to label people rather than deal with the issues raised. What is particularly amusing is that some people feel they are just a bit extra smart and "know how to tell" if someone is a shill by paying careful attention to the wording. Every few weeks we get a post claiming "10 easy ways to tell if a shill is posting." and some such. Typical internet stuff: "10 easy ways to lose weight."

But the heart of the matter is this: When you see someone calling someone else a "shill," you know the accuser has no idea what he is talking about. He has absolutely no evidence whatsoever. It's a lazy fool's way out of dealing with the issues.

Well, apart from, 'calling out' a shill being against t&c here, where's your rationale coming from? why generalise. Thing is, anybody can make things up, that includes actual shills or those that you speak of. So....?
edit on 12-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

While there is some truth to this, There are in fact online shills. ATS was crawling with them during the early days of the Ukraine crisis. There was even a statement released by some of the higher ups around here stating in plain english that they were dealing with sock puppet accounts, and there was significant evidence that there was active shilling coming from Russian accounts.

It was obvious to anyone who was paying attention. So yes, accusing someone of "shilling" is often used as an ad hominem attack around here (I myself have been accused of the same), but it really does happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Still a lot of astroturfing going on I see.

Every time there`s a thread about such matters, it`s the same old story.

The funny thing is, they use US astroturfing and think it`s real.
edit on 12 8 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I was under the impression every member was an honest-to-goodness real person. Hmph!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Maybe the shills had a hand in cheapening the term? They throw the term around, a lot, stupidly making people cringe every time they see it. Definitely a good idea if you're running a propaganda operation.

Now that's not to say everyday people don't throw it around either. The two words that make me lose interest in a post are shill and sheep.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Well said, particularily about the lazy answer. This is too often the response to an OP/argument being shot down in flames where the OP has no answer and thus allows the belief in nonsense by the OP to continue.

Maybe we should re-define the word :

Shill (noun) - a person who invokes cognitive dissonance in another.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Sock puppets, beware of the avatar with a pretty face, could be anyone, probably not some hot chick

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Maybe we should re-define the word :

Shill (noun) - a person who invokes cognitive dissonance in another.

No we shouldn't, a shill's a shill. That's it.

I see posts all the time claiming that the word shill on ATS is used as "ad hominem" but I rarely have seen it used that way.
A shill is someone payed to post, skew opinions, use deception in order to keep the status quo, to hide the truth or to paint their employees in better colors.

A shill costs maybe 30k a year, while a missle costs 100 000$, a publicity on tv can cost millions...just a simple pamphlet with distribution can costs more than 30k!
Shills are cheap investements no doubt about it.

Also, I'm always overly disgusted when someone claims on these forums that they wouldn't mind being a shill. They can rot in hell for all I care.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I would make a great schill and could argue against anything lol. CIA !!! If ya cant beat em join em. I would be surprised if "they" were stupid enough to not use schills. If a radio transmission can cause panic (Orson Wells) then media of any kind sure as hell can influence the masses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join