It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Tools to Explore Mars: Experience Curiosity & Mars Trek

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Here are two pretty cool tools that you can use to explore Mars. I really like these because they are hosted on their own website and I don't have to download anything to use them. Pretty fun stuff too, Check them out:

Mars Trek

Experience Curiosity

Experience Curiosity, a 3-D sort of rover role playing game, allows the user to control and pilot Curiosity, explore landing sites, learn more about NASA’s missions, and understand the importance of space exploration. If you can control the vehicle’s cameras properly (it’s a steep learning curve), you can also take Curiosity selfies. The goal of this, according to a NASA press release, is to use “real science data to create a realistic and game-ready rover model” to teach students and others interested about the Curiosity rover’s life so far.

Mars Trek, the other tool unveiled, operates a little bit more like a Google Maps for Mars, allowing the user to explore the entirety of the planet as a full terrain map, following along with NASA's history and even, says project manager Brian Day, seeing the routes of missions past, present, and future.

NASA hopes that both tools are used to help teach space, planetary exploration, and the history of the Mars rovers. The maps show landing sites and collected data from all previous missions, along with history and terrain analysis. Source

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Nice! I like the one with the Rover. It's nothing like Google Mars, unlike what I previously thought.

S&F!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Steet names not included I guess. . Cool way to explore Mars. .

Let's hope they do forget to leave out all the mysterious details for us rock searchers to discuss about. .

edit on 0b58America/ChicagoThu, 13 Aug 2015 02:50:58 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 13 Aug 2015 02:50:58 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

join