It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage girl goes swimming , finds a 1lb bar of Gold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The teenager was on holiday and out swimming in a lake in Germany when she happened upon the 1lb gold bar just off shore at a depth of about 6.5ft.

The honest teenager handed the gold bar in to local police who promptly sent divers out to the lake to search for any more bars , but none were found.
An investigation is underway into the origins of the gold but some believe it may be Nazi gold that had supposedly been lost in the lake.
Estimated value of the gold is put at £11,500.
www.bbc.co.uk...
Mmmm Gold.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I would have never turned that in. Could have held on to it a little longer and got some nice cash for it. Oh well, some people are really nice I guess.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yup. I'd find it, stand up and look around...if no one is nearby looking for their lost bar of gold it becomes a "finders keepers" type of dealio.

I don't think i'd want to sell it. It'd make a better conversation piece. While im not poor, i sure as hell don't have 10k to drop on a gold bar. Call it a conversation piece/security blanket.

Nonetheless, cool story.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What is with the damage?

Did they execute a tungsten check with a grinder?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A friend of mine, member Greywolf13A, recognized the name Degussa on the bar. Prior to 2007 they were known as Roessler. While Roessler was involved with the Nazis, it's doubtful that the gold is Nazi gold, since it bears the name Degussa.
Source

It should be a finders keepers deal, like our big fat furry Texan friend says.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

and an all seeing eye on the bar

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Perhaps the area ground down used to have some type of Nazi image on it.

One would think that Nazis fleeing Germany during the war would certainly make sure that all of their gold would be untraceable.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I would of melted that down for sure, in this day and age money comes first for survival in this crazy world.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If it were an envelop full of cash by all means turn it in, but a bar of gold? Smelt that down into scrap looking pieces a DIY scrap smelter might have and profit. Its not like somebody innocently dropped it on the beach on vacation one day. She probably turned it in thinking a reward was coming and didn't know what to do with a bar of gold.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I would keep it. Melt it down. Cash it in and buy the lake.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Stamped with the post 2007 name of the company, defiantly a post Nazi heist,
name changed in the 2007 reorganization.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Honesty and stupidity...A very fine line here.

With what is happening around the World today there is no way I would trust the police nor Govt. to do the right thing.

I might try to track down the owner myself if I felt guilty enough to see if they were better or worse off than me but that's it. I would then weigh my options, conscience and soul...after my bank balance of course.

And that my friends, is Honesty.

Jude

edit on 12-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Possible finders reward for recovery...post 2007 loss. Humm..

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

2007 stampings, including weight. Any attempt to hide history like that would be spotted. "Grindings" occur naturally when casting God. If they do not occur, you got cheated, it's an allow mix.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I love the way all the impurities in a gold bar settle to the bottoms, trying to rise to the top when cast, somthing the alloys used in movie production never do...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Interested in looking for Gold?

Right in my backyard.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I would have melted it and sold little bits to Cashmygold.
Perfect way to sell it

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Shouldn't this girl get to keep it? I say finders keepers.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Rich people get to write the laws. Obviously "found wealth" is not to be kept by the finder. Its either someones lost property, or property of the government.

And if "found property" ever gets to be the finders....you can expect it to be taxed like any other windfall would be.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Much as other have stated...there is no way I'd turn this in. In fact...I'd be right down to the local dive shop to rent myself some gear to go do a search myself.

In any case...great find.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join