It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea's vice premier 'executed'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
N. Korea's vice premier 'executed'

North Korea's vice premier Choe Yong-Gon has been executed for voicing frustration at the policies of leader Kim Jong-Un, South Korea's Yonhap news agency said Wednesday, citing an anonymous source.

Choe, who took the job in June 2014, was executed by firing squad in May after voicing opposition to forestry policies promoted by Kim, Yonhap said, citing the source "with knowledge of the North".

Choe was last seen in the North's state media last December at the death anniversary of the late leader Kim Jong-Il, South Korea's unification ministry said Wednesday.

Seoul was "closely monitoring the possibility of any changes in Choe's circumstances", said the ministry, which is in charge of cross-border affairs.

Choe's death, if confirmed, would be the second reported this year. Defence minister Hyon Yong-Chol was said to have been executed in April by anti-aircraft fire for insubordination and dozing off during formal military rallies.

Such a violent method of execution has been cited in various unconfirmed reports as being reserved for senior officials who the leadership wished to make examples of.

The North has not officially confirmed Hyon's execution -- reported in May by Seoul's intelligence agency -- but announced his replacement, Pak Yong Sik, in July.

Click link for remainder of article...

So lets make a bet..

Do we think little kimmy will make it to the end of this year?

He has severely pissed of China, who are pretty much washing their hands of the mess...
He is now rotating key military people in an attempt to force the military loyal to him...
He is executing anyone who even looks at him the wrong way...

In the latest report, if confirmed, shows an increasing uneasiness between kimmy and top leaders. To openly criticize kimmys decisions is pretty much unheard of. The fact we are seeing it tells me the hermit kingdom is in trouble. I doubt he is going to be able to control things to the extent of remaining in power.

My guess is we will see a coup.. or at the very least an accident. I know his sister has been moved into a position of more responsibility.

thoughts?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Do we think little kimmy will make it to the end of this year?

I think he will because he is the son of the Dear leader which counts for a lot , he is almost divine to some.
I have the feeling he still holds most of the cards although there is decent amongst the ranks , as ever it all depends who controls the army and I think Kim likely still has a firm hand there.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If he does fall, China will roll in under the cloud of regional stability.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Little fat kim jong-un, the sooner he dies the better.. North korea has become a very messed up country thanks to their psychopathic 'leader'.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I can't believe there hasn't been a military coup years ago! The military must be trembling in their boots wondering who's going to be next. The North Korean military must be a bunch of pansies if they're afraid to put an end to this psychopath's reign on power.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I would say maybe there must be some sort of low intensity civil war between the supporters of Kim and members of the military.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
they need to get rid of the entire family, so there are no remnants of this divine leader to take over

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If he does fall, China will roll in under the cloud of regional stability.

Unlikely but possible. Although there is a higher chance of a Korean reunion.
China would definitely be in trouble if it were to actually do that, in trouble with South Korea and the international community.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Death by antiaircraft fire for senior staff whom talk ill of the little chunky bunny eh? So I'm assuming when he does get overthrown it will be death by missile launch?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: cprnicus

I say strap him to it

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
a reply to: cprnicus

I say strap him to it

DO they got a Missile able to take his fatness to outer space?

top topics

join