It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of New Driver’s Licenses Issued in California This Year are to Undocumented Immigrants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So the law is an arbitrary thing to be followed or not.

You've asked me about 10 questions and I've patiently answered. Before I answer more, will you answer ONE question? Do you follow the law 100% of the time?

No. And when I get caught, I am punished. I've yet to be rewarded.

Hence....AMERICAN.....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I can tell you what I wouldn't do

We already know what you wouldn't do. You are very critical of some of the solutions presented so I would kindly ask you again, considering the circumstances of this issue, what is your solution?

You have any idea how quickly that workforce gap could be filled?

No. Please educate me. Provide sources if you can. Conjecture means nothing.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Is getting a license really a reward? Like what I'd so great about it.
Would you rather them be driving around with no dl?
Which means most likely no insurance?

I know your answer is you would rather them not be here but that just isn't the case.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Conjecture means nothing

But yours does asking me...? Sure...

Please clarify solutions....Putting them to work is no solution...

Your last line of questioning is a setup and I can't touch it....Neither can you with the question routed backwards, the exact reasoning behind me asking you first...It isn't answerable because it is opinion...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I know your answer is you would rather them not be here but that just isn't the case.

If they are here illegally they should have no means of getting ID's here...NONE! I would rather have them not driving where they shouldn't be....

I have been on at least 10 cruises outside of the USA already and I never drove outside of my country....What makes you think they can even drive here, insurance or not?? Why even be on the road, they aren't even supposed to be here!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So you're going with punishing them by giving them a drivers license.

Probably even more punishment by giving them free healthcare and food stamps and a place to live.

:/

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Please clarify solutions....Putting them to work is no solution...

What would you do about the illegal immigrant issue. You've already made the claim that they shouldn't be working or driving. I can also assume that if they are not working, you don't want them on welfare.

Since they are in the US, what is your solution on how to deal with them?

Your last line of questioning is a setup and I can't touch it

Of course it was. Let's look at what you said.

You have any idea how quickly that workforce gap could be filled?

You posed that question trying to imply that if the illegals were not working that their positions would be quickly filled. Is that your opinion based on nothing more than conjecture, or do you actually have empirical data that drives your personal opinion?

If you have data, please share. If not, it means nothing and has no logical place in the debate.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I have been on at least 10 cruises outside of the USA already and I never drove outside of my country

Well, it would be kind of hard to drive when you're on the boat, right?

What makes you think they can even drive here, insurance or not?? Why even be on the road, they aren't even supposed to be here!

You're right. What should we do about that?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This thread reads like a firearm debate thread.

One side wants the enforcement of existing laws, while the other side wants passage of "feel good" legislation that does nothing to solve the original problem.

How typical and utterly sad.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Probably even more punishment by giving them free healthcare and food stamps and a place to live.

Which is also a common myth that they are all on that.
As one of the requirements is that you need to be a citizen to qualify for that stuff.
Do some get on it, sure.
But hardly the amount it gets made out to be.

And I just asked what was so rewarding about it.
You are the one claiming it is a reward, why is it one.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So you're going with punishing them by giving them a drivers license.

:/

Sure why not? We only have hundreds of thousands of homeless now, but let's be sure to take care of dem illegals....

Sounds about right

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
This thread reads like a firearm debate thread.

One side wants the enforcement of existing laws, while the other side wants passage of "feel good" legislation that does nothing to solve the original problem.

How typical and utterly sad.

I like guns too.....Wanna start that up? Why not, we discuss stupid crap that has nothing to do with the issue at hand anyways....Yay!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Okay, well since you apparently haven't been on a cruise before let me give you a little description....The boat does actually make STOPS on islands, once stopped on the island you can rent cars/bikes or use taxis (more expensive)...My wife and I use taxis mainly because I don't care about money and also I don't have to drive in a country I am not familiar with....Does that make sense to you? So if they come over here, who is to say that our road rules are the same, driving habits, speeds, drivers in general....I can tell you each place we went to and got a taxi each place had very, very different driving styles for their area....We went to Dominica and dude was driving a VW bus like 70 MPH on a one lane road and he knew those roads like the back of his hand...Some weren't even concreted on the sides, the ditches were like straight drop offs, crazy....But I have been all over this globe and am yet to find anywhere that has a driving style like ours...Minus the autobahn....

ETA: also while out of the country you know what I had with me? My passport...Which made me legal....Wow that was hard
edit on 8/12/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Well I would bet that if you lived in any of those countries you would want to drive.

Well actually depends on where you are, maybe there will be some good public transportation.

If they go through the process that we all go through and pass then that makes me think they can drive here.
Since that is what everyone else can do and be able to drive.

Much safer for the rest of us, would rather them know what the hell is going on then just winging it.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Cool story bro.

Now what is your solution about the illegal immigrants in this country?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Well shoot if our congress would stop gutting our welfare system we could take care of our homeless.

But that is just big commie goverment, so me thinks you are just blowing hot air with that kind of comment.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I can surely tell you what I wouldn't do....Go there illegally....You know what happens to a gringo in an area outside of the USA? How about trying to sneak into Columbia, go ahead and try....Middle East, many more.....You will be kidnapped and an international incident in hours....But here in the USA, sure come on in Mexicans, we need cheap labor......

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Cool story bro.

Give them jobs....I am on board with you now....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Well shoot if our congress would stop gutting our welfare system we could take care of our homeless.

But that is just big commie goverment, so me thinks you are just blowing hot air with that kind of comment.

You actually believe that? That's a freaking laugh if you think our government gives a flying EFF about our own homeless...That's a laugh

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: introvert

Cool story bro.

Give them jobs....I am on board with you now....

So you don't have a solution, do you?

You like to complain about it, but when asked what to do about it......crickets.

Typical.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join