It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of New Driver’s Licenses Issued in California This Year are to Undocumented Immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Please see my post above Beez....

If that isn't a joke of a webpage I don't know what is....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

No. This is how I will retain perspective about what things are real and what things are hyperbolic talking points. A problem that somebody makes up as a political meme is not actually a problem... it's a political trope.

Do you support the violation of the law by not punishing those who break it?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Not true. Some of us realize that it is not feasible to deport all of them and we have to slowly integrate them in to society. Allowing them to travel legally to a job so they can help pay taxes seems reasonable.

Yep....Seems reasonable....Come over illegally and we will integrate you into our society....GAWD!!!

You saved me blasting further with your last line.....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

All 31 credible cases of voter impersonation out of roughly one billion?

Sigh.

So roughly the same ratio as being shot by a cop.....

Or the same as the people who aren't sheeple in America....One of the 2....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I nominate California for a new policy - I'll call it legal relativism. You can follow any laws you like ... or not ... or you can make up your own laws and follow them and when you go to court, the judge will say, "Who am I to judge? Your law is just as valid as his law."

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

If you are asking if I think that the 31 cases documented should be prosecuted? Absolutely.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I nominate California for a new policy - I'll call it legal relativism. You can follow any laws you like ... or not ... or you can make up your own laws and follow them and when you go to court, the judge will say, "Who am I to judge? Your law is just as valid as his law."

Hells yeah buddy and we will even throw you into a job if you aren't supposed to be here just so you can pay some taxes.....Ohhhhh Introvert has me fired up! (again)....lol

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

If you are asking if I think that the 31 cases documented should be prosecuted? Absolutely.

Do you think that people who broke the law by coming to the US illegally should be punished?

Or rewarded.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Just wondering how you on the left would justify illegals voting.

Are you serious? LOL!

You don't have a problem with them breaking the law anyways.

You are making assumptions right and left here. I DO have a problem with it. You have put me in a box of "the left" and you're attributing beliefs you've heard by others to me. Don't get it twisted. We need immigration reform.

I don't have a problem with people breaking SOME laws. Do you obey the law 100% of the time? I don't either.

They are here illegally, so the law is not important to any of you.

More incorrect assumptions. No wonder you're a curmudgeony rabbit!

So if anyone violates the law, breaks the law in anything, it must be okay, because you all seem to be fine with only an arbitrary adhesion to the law.

Lord! Lord! That's some kind of logical fallacy.

You'll all look like a bunch of stinking hypocrites.

Well, of course, ALL of us are the same, so... :eyeroll:

link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

we will integrate you into our society

That's what America is about, baby.

It would be a lot easier for people to do that legally if our system wasn't complicated, expensive and time consuming.

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Good resource for voter requirements by state. The federal government's role is limited to making sure someone isn't prevented from voting in a federal election because of the standard race, religion, gender, etc. The 19th Amendment removed that pesky gender requirement, now it's down to an age thing. Almost everything else is state specific.

California pretty much requires a pulse, and it doesn't look like there overly adamant about that, either.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Hells yeah buddy and we will even throw you into a job if you aren't supposed to be here just so you can pay some taxes.....Ohhhhh Introvert has me fired up! (again)....lol

Hey, we agree. If they are already here we might as well put em to work.

We don't complain when they are digging ditches or mowing lawns, but complain when they want a licence to drive.

link   

Moving the goal post Beez... Bad form.

I am not the person responsible for immigration policy. We are not even discussing positions upon that subject here. All I expressed is the truth that I would rather be in a wreck involving an undocumented alien who has legal paperwork than with one who provides forged paperwork - leaving me with no legal recourse.

How this comes across as partisan or controversial is confusing.

link   

Can I ask you if you believe there are really only 31 cases due to that website you posted?

Probably doesn't matter but here:

www.nationalreview.com...

There are many more as well....It won't stop

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'll ask you the same question;

Do you think that people who broke the law by coming to the US illegally should be punished?

Or rewarded.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

The thread is about rewarding illegal aliens.

They are here, well. . . illegally.

Do you think they should be punished for violating the law, or should they be rewarded?

link   

originally posted by: introvert

We don't complain when they are digging ditches or mowing lawns, but complain when they want a licence to drive.

I believe you missed it....Again.....Why take jobs from AMERICANS???? Put them to work? HUH??? That was 100% sarcasm and in response to your nonsense, yet again....Surprise surprise....

link   

originally posted by: introvert

Actually, I do. There are plenty of Americans who were born here that are sitting around who could go out and dig those ditches and mow those lawns.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Here's an intersting quote from your link:

We also find that one of the favorite policies advocated by conservatives to prevent voter fraud appears strikingly ineffective. Nearly three quarters of the non-citizens who indicated they were asked to provide photo identification at the polls claimed to have subsequently voted.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join