It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Center for Medical Progress

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ummm, what did you expect PP to say about it?

Did ACORN ever admit they did anything wrong?

Has Hillary ever admit to anything either even thought she's been caught in lie after lie? What about Obama?

Well PP is certainly more believable and has more credibility than some random pro-life organization that has roots in another pro-life organization that attempts to do similar video sting campaigns that try to show PP doing and admitting to things that they don't do.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
PP innocent?Bwahahahahaha!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: greencmp

Perspective you say? More like relative.

Whatever. Abortion is the best responsible solution to child neglect, starvation, disease and abuse.

Great, next time I see a child being neglected, you recommend that I kill it.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yep,PP innocent,I want a Lamborghini.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You mean the same way you refuse to accept that PP may have actually been doing what the videos state they have? Strange that huh?

And I already answered your question, go back and read what I wrote a little more carefully.

I think you are an avid supporter of PP and they can do no wrong in your eyes, even when the evidence put forward suggests otherwise. But don't let that sway you in your crusade to protect them at all costs, please continue on in your fruitless attempts to clear them of any wrong doing.
edit on 8/12/2015 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Has Hillary ever admit to anything either even thought she's been caught in lie after lie? What about Obama?

Well PP is certainly more believable and has more credibility than some random pro-life organization that has roots in another pro-life organization that attempts to do similar video sting campaigns that try to show PP doing and admitting to things that they don't do.

Why is PP more believable? Because they are some social service government funded entity? What exactly makes them more believable. Sounds like you're some kinda decree arbiter

Interestingly you won't even call CMP by it's name,and smear it with some pro life group, as if that brings discredit somehow. I Thought you wanted to discuss CMP's alleged manipulation and lies, instead of focusing on the ethics of abortion.

Well what's new those who support baby killings, I wouldn't put anything past them.
edit on 12-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Flatfish

The deflections and nervous reactions are enough for me.

Thank You !!

As if your repeated request for proof that people are who they openly admit they are, or that the weapons they're displaying are real, is anything other than deflection. Please!

At the very least, the CMP group responsible for producing and propagating this piece of garbage should be investigated for both, intent and truth of content and IMO, prosecuted for slander and/or defamation of character.

Furthermore, If all they're going to do is produce and spread disinformation, they should lose any tax exempt status they may currently enjoy as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ketsuko

Tell that to the 9 million women whose children died from lack this year.

What 9 million women?

What children?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

You mean the same way you refuse to accept that PP may have actually been doing what the videos state they have? Strange that huh?

Accept it? Why should I accept it? It's not true.

I can CONSIDER it, and I have done that. I looked into the videos and found that the evidence was just too unsound to demonstrate the claims that CMP was making.

And I already answered your question, go back and read what I wrote a little more carefully.

No you danced around the question and pretended like it wasn't relevant. So just give me a flat answer, if a video is edited to make it appear that the person is saying something they didn't say is that authentic or fake?

I think you are an avid supporter of PP and they can do no wrong in your eyes, even when the evidence put forward suggests otherwise. But don't let that sway you in your crusade to protect them at all costs, please continue on in your fruitless attempts to clear them of any wrong doing.

I've never stepped foot in a PP clinic in my life and if it weren't for this manufactured controversy I'd know next to nothing about them. But I've been forced to do all sorts of research about them, CMP (ala this thread), and the laws surrounding them because the PRO-LIFE crowd can't bother to actually fact check all the ridiculous claims they are making.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
Why is PP more believable? Because they are some social service government funded entity? What exactly makes them more believable. Sounds like you're some kinda decree arbiter

Age for one. CMP is two years old. PP has been around for close to a century with no problems like this. I don't know about you, but -I- build trust for someone or something the longer they go without breaking my trust. I also don't just GIVE trust to a someone or something that has barely existed.

Interestingly you won't even call CMP by it's name,and smear it with some pro life group, as if that brings discredit somehow. I Thought you wanted to discuss CMP's alleged manipulation and lies, instead of focusing on the ethics of abortion.

Uh... What? The title of the thread is Center for Medical Progress... Just because I abbreviate the name doesn't mean I'm disrespecting them... I've been abbreviating Planned Parenthood's name to PP as well. I do it so I don't have to type out those long names all the time... Also, what does abbreviating Center for Medical Progress' name have to do with the ethics of abortion? You are reaching with this point.

Well what's new those who support baby killings, I wouldn't put anything past them.

Yea and for once I'd like to have a conversation with a pro-life person who is able to decouple his emotions from the argument so he can think more rationally...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You can't prove that it's not true, and that is the point, your confirmation bias and pro PP stance does not mean that it isn't.

I answered the question clearly and concisely, it is not my fault that you choose not to accept it as an answer.

So, now you are saying that you are not pro PP and you just found out about them?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I've never stepped foot in a PP clinic in my life and if it weren't for this manufactured controversy I'd know next to nothing about them. But I've been forced to do all sorts of research about them, CMP (ala this thread), and the laws surrounding them because the PRO-LIFE crowd can't bother to actually fact check all the ridiculous claims they are making.

Why can't PP just be a private company, non-profit or not, with no taxpayer funding?

Not many are suggesting radical changes in the laws (yet but, this debacle makes that a hell of a lot more likely), this is about public funding to this one organization (so far, granted), funding that would have been redirected to other women's health clinics, not withdrawn from its intended purpose.
edit on 12-8-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

You can't prove that it's not true, and that is the point, your confirmation bias and pro PP stance does not mean that it isn't.

That's because you don't prove things are untrue... That's not how proof works. You prove things ARE true and the evidence trying to do that is shaky, biased, and heavily edited. AND may have had some laws violated procuring it.

I answered the question clearly and concisely, it is not my fault that you choose not to accept it as an answer.

Uh huh...

So, now you are saying that you are not pro PP and you just found out about them?

Putting words in my mouth... Classy.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

No my friend don't be an igmo you didn't call CMP by it's name you called it "some random pro-life organization" in order to smear and discredit CMP. Instead it shows where your heart is and what this conversation is really about and that is your unwavering support for institutionalized baby killing.

Have a good one now

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Why can't PP just be a private company, non-profit or not, with no taxpayer funding?

Not many are suggesting radical changes in the laws (yet but, this debacle makes that a hell of a lot more likely), this is about public funding to this one organization (so far, granted), funding that would have been redirected to other women's health clinics, not withdrawn from its intended purpose.

Allow me to ask a question. If funding was diverted to other women's health clinics and they also offered abortion, even though the law already states that federal money cannot be used for an abortion, would that be ok?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Why should we do anything to PP to begin with? If you ask me, I'd say that things are working as intended. No changes needed (except for criminal proceedings to start against CMP, but I probably won't get my wish there).

Care to discuss the evidence I presented in the OP? Why are we giving consideration to an organization that is likely lying and distorting the truth to present their message and automatically DISTRUSTING an organization that hasn't been found to be breaking any laws in any previous attempts to show they are?

Like I can't even keep people on topic in this thread. YOU came in and started talking about PP and didn't mention a single thing about CMP. Most every other pro-life person in the thread has insisted that I'm trying to distract from the real issues or try to talk about the ethics of abortion.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Ok, so you need more time, believe it or not I think that position is valid.

But, that position would ordinarily be followed by patient silence in anticipation of the results of the official investigation.

Reticence is not normally so audible.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

No my friend don't be an igmo you didn't call CMP by it's name you called it "some random pro-life organization" in order to smear and discredit CMP. Instead it shows where your heart is and what this conversation is really about and that is your unwavering support for institutionalized baby killing.

Have a good one now

If that's the best you got then cya. I'd like to discuss this topic with people who'd actually like to take it seriously anways.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Putting words in my mouth... Classy.

No, that's how you worded your position about PP. You should be more clear with your statements if you don't want them misinterpreted. So, you are pro PP and you did know about them before this then? Which is it?
edit on 8/12/2015 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Ok, so you need more time, believe it or not I think that position is valid.

But, that position would ordinarily be followed by patient silence in anticipation of the results of the official investigation.

Reticence is not normally so audible.

The pro-life crowd didn't even WANT an official investigation at first. It wasn't until they lost their attempt to defund PP that this even became a discussion point. -I- was calling for an investigation to settle matters once and for all after the second video was released.

Also again, talk to me about CMP. Why do you trust them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join