It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Center for Medical Progress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

It was edited to present something in a way that is contrary to what actually happened. That is what makes it fake.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TechniXcality

You are perfect example of the kind of hyperbole that the "Center for Medical Progress" and the pro-life community is legendary for!

I don't fit into your little groups, however I try to maintain principal coherency in what I believe. I very much support social programs I very much support helping the lower class and narrowing the gap of economic disparity.

I am for freedoms, and peace

In this case you want to call me "pro-life" well that sounds like a pretty reasonable term and I can live with that. How's pro baby killing sound? Does the shoe fit?

*Your principal* is described very easily: The cobblers children don't have any shoes.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

were the transcripts fake too or?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Oh, so edited = fake now! Got it! So that documentary I watched on global warming was all fake then, because it was obviously edited. Glad about that, was almost worried there for a minute.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: windword

How do you certify the "long" versions are not edited?

How do you certify the PP "employees" are the real people?

Why do you always present these dumb questions regarding things that are obvious to all but the willfully ignorant?

You ask me in another thread if I could prove the armed civilians in Ferguson were Oath Keepers and then you even went on to ask if I could prove their guns were real guns. Give me a break!

Your requirement of proof that people are people and not puppets, or that guns are real and not toys, is really nothing more than a ritualistic first step to willful ignorance and the exact opposite of denying it.

Here's a little taste of your own medicine;

Can you prove that you're a real person with a real brain?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

Oh, so edited = fake now! Got it! So that documentary I watched on global warming was all fake then, because it was obviously edited. Glad about that, was almost worried there for a minute.

I have a question. If there is a video of me saying, "I am NOT for nuclear war," and someone got a hold of that video and edited it to say, "I am for nuclear war," would you consider that fake or authentic?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So your saying that these people never said the things that they said? Your analogy is a far cry from what has been presented in the videos.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

Yea... Someone didn't read the OP.

From the OP:

Planned Parenthood Federation of America on Monday accused an activist group of editing out, in an undercover video, an executive’s repeated assertions that the group does not sell fetal tissue and makes no money off of tissue donations.
“Ten times during the conversation, Dr. Nucatola said Planned Parenthood would not sell tissue or profit from tissue donations, and all ten instances were cut out of the video, misleading the public into thinking she said something she didn’t,” Planned Parenthood said in a letter to House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton Monday.

Also, you didn't answer my question.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Your outrage is misplaced.

Key facts

Nearly 9 million children under the age of five die every year, according to 2007 figures.

Around 70% of these early child deaths are due to conditions that could be prevented or treated with access to simple, affordable interventions.

Leading causes of death in under-five children are pneumonia, diarrhoea and health problems during the first month of life.
Over one third of all child deaths are linked to malnutrition.

Children in developing countries are ten times more likely to die before the age of five than children in developed countries.
www.who.int...

As far as your hysteria over "baby killing". Abortion and infanticide are two wholly separate issues.

Infanticide has been practiced on every continent and by people on every level of cultural complexity, from hunters and gatherers to high civilization, including our own ancestors. Rather than being an exception, then, it has been the rule.

A Brief History of Infanticide

Time for you to put some things into perspective, me thinks.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So they did say those things in the videos, but they did the typical CYA of saying they make no money *wink *wink, all while stating that they can obtain parts a certain way for variable amounts of money. Glad we are on the same page here!

As far as your question goes, that is one line edit, which is not what these guys did. They basically created a highlight reel of scumbags negotiating cost basis for harvested babies and parts based on procedure.

If however you had a conversation like they did in these videos where like in the videos you did say you were for nuclear war, and they just edited the fluff and highlighted your statement, then yes that would be authentic.

edit on 8/12/2015 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So they did say those things in the videos, but they did the typical CYA of saying they make no money *wink *wink, all while stating that they can obtain parts a certain way for variable amounts of money. Glad we are on the same page here!

Huh? What? Looks like you just inserted your own confirmation bias into the equation here...

As far as your question goes, that is one line edit, which is not what these guys did. They basically created a highlight reel of scumbags negotiating cost basis for harvested babies and parts based on procedure.

Actually it is a scaled down version of the exact same thing and you are deflecting to prevent yourself from answering the question because you likely know that I'm right.

If however you had a conversation like they did in these videos where like in the videos you did say you were for nuclear war, and they just edited the fluff and highlighted your statement, then yes that would be authentic.

Lol. Go look up what a quote mine is.

Also still waiting for an answer to my question.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

The deflections and nervous reactions are enough for me.

Thank You !!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Time for you to put some things into perspective, me thinks.

Perspective you say? More like relative.

You know, many cultures defile and torture their women, therefore, it should be OK here?

I'm sorry but, this inability to be logical (morality aside for the moment) is now out in the open for everyone to see plain as day thanks to you folks.

I suppose I should just shut up and let you dig your own graves.

I don't think that I could induce nearly as much doubt into the competence of PP supporters than their own hateful and ignorant rantings.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I am using the same confirmation bias that you are, so again we are on the same wavelength and thought here.

And actually it is not scaled down, it is literally what you said.

Not sure why you are bringing quote mines into the conversation? Maybe an attempt to somehow authenticate your position in the argument? Nice attempt, but they said what they said, and the videos prove it.
edit on 8/12/2015 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

link   

Ummm, what did you expect PP to say about it?

Did ACORN ever admit they did anything wrong?

Has Hillary ever admit to anything either even thought she's been caught in lie after lie? What about Obama?

link   
a reply to: greencmp

Whatever. Abortion is the best responsible solution to child neglect, starvation, disease and abuse.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

a reply to: greencmp

Whatever. Abortion is the best responsible solution to child neglect, starvation, disease and abuse.

How about not getting pregnant in the first place?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Tell that to the 9 million women whose children died from lack this year.

edit on 12-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I am using the same confirmation bias that you are, so again we are on the same wavelength and thought here.

Yea... Except you refuse to even consider that CMP may be the bad guys and are blindly defending obviously heavily edited videos like they are 100% the truth while not giving any benefit of the doubt to PP. *cough*Innocent until proven guilty*cough*.

And actually it is not scaled down, it is literally what you said.

So answer the damn question already!

Not sure why you are bringing quote mines into the conversation? Maybe an attempt to somehow authenticate your position in the argument? Nice attempt, but they said what they said, and the videos prove it.

Because THAT is what we are talking about. CMP effectively created quote mines with those videos by editing out key phrases that the PP representatives were saying so that it looked like they are saying something else.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oh, and since you are using PP to defend PP. I'll use Center for Medical Progress to defend themselves. That way, it's a "he said"/"she said."

The series follows the personal narrative of Holly O’Donnell, a former Blood and TIssue Procurement Technician for StemExpress, a start-up biotech company from northern California that partners with Planned Parenthood clinics to purchase their aborted fetus parts and resell them for scientific experimentation. As a procurement tech, O’Donnell’s job was to identify pregnant patients matching the specifications of StemExpress customers and to harvest the fetal body parts from their abortions.

“It’s not an option, it’s a demand,” StemExpress supervisors instructed O’Donnell about approaching pregnant women at Planned Parenthood for fetal tissue “donations.” O’Donnell says the StemExpress techs working in Planned Parenthood clinics sometimes harvested fetal parts without obtaining consent from the patients: “If there was a higher gestation, and the technicians needed it, there were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”

They used a whistle-blower from Stem Express among other sources. Not all the donations were actually donations.

According to O’Donnell, Planned Parenthood gave StemExpress workers access to patient records and schedules so that the harvesting company could plan for the days when patient “supply” would be greatest. “They give you a sheet, and it’s everybody for that day, who’s coming in for an ultrasound, who’s coming in for an abortion, medical or a late-term abortion,” O’Donnell explains. Even patients just seeking a pregnancy test at Planned Parenthood were considered part of the supply: “Pregnancy tests are potential pregnancies, therefore potential specimens. So it’s just taking advantage of the opportunities.”

Project Lead David Daleiden notes, “Experiences like Holly O’Donnell’s show that Planned Parenthood’s abortion and baby parts business is not a safe place where vulnerable women can be cared for, but a harvesting ground for saleable human ‘product.’ Taxpayer subsidies to Planned Parenthood’s barbaric abortion business should be revoked immediately, and law enforcement and other elected officials must act decisively to determine the full extent of Planned Parenthood’s offensive practices and hold them accountable to the law.”

This also shows why PP is not in the business of counseling for adoption very much. It loses them a potential revenue stream if the "tissue" isn't harvested.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join