It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

I don't know, should it? I'm the one that asked the original question and I have yet to receive an answer. I never said birth control should be illegal, but it sure seems to follow the same logic as abortion.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

she asked for links ..i provided them with a simple google search....

im pro-choice...just not pro-breaking the law or pro- selling parts for profit

Okay, but you still haven't proven that they broke the law, or had to pay anything back. All you proved was that an ex-employee sued them. That's it.
edit on 12-8-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

well, got to give you credit, you looked....

www.kutakrock.com...

for those who have no idea what we're talking about.....that's what I believe, although I could be wrong, the last ruling on the case, although I am not sure if it's done going through the legal system....

I'm going to have to do alot more reading before I can comment much on it though.....

doesn't sound like they were sending birth control out willy nilly though, although I could be wrong.

at the most we can add it to the many providers out there scamming the system, which believe me...
there are many!!! most like I said, only get slappped with a small fine and made to pay the money back. and well, look around and you can find some pretty bad scams going on..... in some, there's a threesome involved, one will do an unneccesary surgery, another will find someone who needs the money who is willing to give up an organ for it, and well the person who needs the money.....and well, additional charges are added to the medical bill, and possibly the person doesn't even have the operation, and they all walk off splitting the cash threeways....

this says more about our "greatest on earth healthcare system" than it does about planned parenthood!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: kellyjay

The government from government revenues.

That's pretty basic ...

where does the government get those revenues? do they pull them out of their a*s?

Multiple sources. Do you really not understand how government operation works, even at a basic level?

No, I don't think their gastronomical system is involved in that way ... but I have my doubts about your sources.

Do you also "pay" for the bombs the RAF drops? What do you figure, maybe a few micrometers of surface material?

Your point is patently absurd. We don't "follow our tax money" through the governmental systems.

Except when we're trying to make ludicrous arguments like you're trying to make.

Are you a naturalized citizen of the UK, or jus sanguis through your mom? Do you actually pay UK taxes, or do you just use the healthcare system and other services?

i know how the NHS works in the UK and you clearly dont.

the government garnishes taxes from from taxpayers, and then they take those taxes and put some of those funds into the NHS which isnt owned by the government but the TAXPAYERS

people then go to hospitals which are funded by the taxpayers and get abortions

ergo tax payers fund abortions

you want to play semantics but you cant...because its TAXES that pay for the NHS...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

just not pro-breaking the law or pro- selling parts for profit

Well, until those things are actually proven in a court of law... all you are right now is pro-standing-up-on-your-soapbox-over-imaginary-suppositions-and-what-if-scenarios.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I just remembered ... Monty Python had a song all about that. I think they were mocking the Catholic Church's stance on it. I used to have a CD of their greatest hits somewhere with that song on it.

So, I guess to some religious people it is a sin?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

hey these people don't even approve of abortions when the mother's life is at stake!!

so well, I guess to them, once you get pregnant, your basic rights go out the window....
better not to have sex!! if all the women took that attitude I bet ten to one, we'd see some changes in that attitude!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

The government from government revenues.

That's pretty basic ...

where does the government get those revenues? do they pull them out of their a*s?

Multiple sources. Do you really not understand how government operation works, even at a basic level?

No, I don't think their gastronomical system is involved in that way ... but I have my doubts about your sources.

Do you also "pay" for the bombs the RAF drops? What do you figure, maybe a few micrometers of surface material?

Your point is patently absurd. We don't "follow our tax money" through the governmental systems.

Except when we're trying to make ludicrous arguments like you're trying to make.

Are you a naturalized citizen of the UK, or jus sanguis through your mom? Do you actually pay UK taxes, or do you just use the healthcare system and other services?

here let me help

Funding

Funding for the NHS comes directly from taxation. Since the NHS transformation in 2013 the NHS payment system has become underpinned by legislation. The Health & Social Care Act 2012 moves responsibility for pricing from the Department of Health, to a shared responsibility for NHS England and Monitor. When the NHS was launched in 1948, it had a budget of £437 million (roughly £9 billion at today’s value). For 2015/16, it was around £115.4 billion. Visit NHS England’s website for more detailed information about how NHS England and Monitor are planning to manage the budget.

emphasis on TAXATION

www.nhs.uk...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You know that in the past when states have defunded Planned Parenthood, they end up with explosions in STD rates? Don't believe me? It happened earlier this year in Indiana.

This is bs, indiana had an HIV outbreak because of druggies shooting up with dirty needles.

It had absolutely nothing to do with planned parenthood, or sluts, that would rather murder a baby, then keep their legs closed or use protection.

I'm pro choice, but will never date a woman that murdered a baby, unless she was raped, at which point, yes, kill that mother floggers baby.

Now i'm out, this subject and I don't mix.
edit on 12-8-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I don't know, should it? I'm the one that asked the original question and I have yet to receive an answer. I never said birth control should be illegal, but it sure seems to follow the same logic as abortion.

well it was quite an illogical statement, if you are using a uid to prevent pregnancy occuring, thats completely different from terminating a pregnancy that has already occured....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

jezebel.com...

so, why shouldn't abortions, in at least some cases be treated as equal as any other treatment one might want to seek from a medical provider?

it seems that sometimes the result can be just as devestating as denying any other medical proceedure could be.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You know that in the past when states have defunded Planned Parenthood, they end up with explosions in STD rates? Don't believe me? It happened earlier this year in Indiana.

This is bs, indiana had an HIV outbreak because of druggies shooting up with dirty needles.

Planned Parenthood deals with this issue too...

It had absolutely nothing to do with planned parenthood, or sluts, that would rather murder a baby, then keep their legs closed or use protection.

Planned Parenthood doesn't necessarily equal abortion...

I'm pro choice,

Yea, I doubt that.

but will never date a woman that murdered a baby, unless she was raped, at which point, yes, kill that mother floggers baby.

Yea newsflash, many pro-choice people are also anti-abortion.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

better not to have sex!! if all the women took that attitude I bet ten to one, we'd see some changes in that attitude!

Ah, if only......The dream of LYSISTRATA

Lysistrata has planned a meeting between all of the women of Greece to discuss the plan to end the Peloponnesian War. As Lysistrata waits for the women of Sparta, Thebes, and other areas to meet her she curses the weakness of women. Lysistrata plans to ask the women to refuse sex with their husbands until a treaty for peace has been signed.

edit on 12-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

jezebel.com...

so, why shouldn't abortions, in at least some cases be treated as equal as any other treatment one might want to seek from a medical provider?

it seems that sometimes the result can be just as devestating as denying any other medical proceedure could be.

what part of im pro-choice is it your not getting, im not trying to take away a womans right to abortion, i just dont want to pay for it, and i want an investigation into PP to make sure evrything is above board and they arent selling baby parts for profit

THATS IT! but yet you keep trying to lay all these different strawman scenarios at my feet ...stop it

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

it prevents pregnancy from occurring by prevent the new little life from implanting itself into the uterus and thus killing it. birth control, at far as I know can do the same thing, it sometimes doesn't prevent the life from being created, it just manages to make the environment too hostile for it to life.
ya know in the states there are women imprisoned for doing such a thing in other ways...
one falls down the stairs and ends up miscarrying, hey they murdered their baby and brought in for questioning...
heck we have one lady serving I think it is 20 some years for not only killing her baby before it was born, but also killing it afterwards!! still wish someone could explain that one to me.

women miscarries and baby is dead, cord wrapped around it's neck, and well, she killed it and is sent to prison because well, she at one time or another took a drug!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I just remembered ... Monty Python had a song all about that. I think they were mocking the Catholic Church's stance on it. I used to have a CD of their greatest hits somewhere with that song on it.

So, I guess to some religious people it is a sin?

i dont know..im atheist

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

it prevents pregnancy from occurring by prevent the new little life from implanting itself into the uterus and thus killing it. birth control, at far as I know can do the same thing, it sometimes doesn't prevent the life from being created, it just manages to make the environment too hostile for it to life.
ya know in the states there are women imprisoned for doing such a thing in other ways...
one falls down the stairs and ends up miscarrying, hey they murdered their baby and brought in for questioning...
heck we have one lady serving I think it is 20 some years for not only killing her baby before it was born, but also killing it afterwards!! still wish someone could explain that one to me.

women miscarries and baby is dead, cord wrapped around it's neck, and well, she killed it and is sent to prison because well, she at one time or another took a drug!

clearly your basic knowledge of biology is lacking....life doesnt occur until after conception...an egg is merely cells, it takes the sperm to fertilize the egg in order for life to begin....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
ya, well, here in the states, we are hearing alot about how people don't want to pay for the insurance that covers the abortions or the birth control even...
so I have to ask....
if the birth control or abortion could prevent such a nasty outcome....
why should it be treated any differently than any other healthcare need?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
clearly I am not the only one lacking knowledge in biology, since the egg is usually fertilized in the follopian tubes BEFORE IT ENTERS THE UTERUS and the dreaded IUD!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

also using your logic, a woman ovulating every month and not fertilizing the egg is murder?

smh

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join