It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: ~Lucidity

You are correct, it is a personal choice.
And I choose not to have my taxes contributed towards the murder of unborn children.
What about my rights and choice?

Our taxes should never be paying for this.
Someday, hopefully, people will wake up and make the right "choice".

Our tax dollars don't go to abortions in general except, possibly, under extreme circumstances.

Tax dollars DO, however, go to killing people with drones and massive amounts of weaponry that, let's be honest, do a lot of collateral damage to innocent civilians in other countries. I wish I could choose not to fund that, but that's not a choice, is it? War is ugly and should only be undertaken in defense and when absolutely needed, instead it is a Billion dollar industry.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

didnt they send out contraception pills to women who didnt ask for it then billed the government for it? f

wasnt there also an instance where they were claiming to carry out certain examinations etc that they werent and billed the government for those too? and they were taken to court and forced to pay the money back?
edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

Boy, are you misinformed. Tax payers don't flip bills for abortions.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Boy, are you misinformed. Tax payers don't flip bills for abortions.
would that be directly or indirectly?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It's not semantics. It's faulty logic on your part and the part of most right-wingers.

When you pay your taxes, those funds becomes government revenue.

That's just a fact. I know it doesn't fit your argument, so, change your argument.

Or think of it like I do. If I were a citizen of the UK, I'd just consider that my taxes went to pay for abortions, and yours went to pay for Mr. Cameron's limousine, or plumbing repairs at 10 Downing, or bombs or whatever.

Both are equally nonsensical, but my way softens the reality of paying for crap and death.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It's not semantics. It's faulty logic on your part and the part of most right-wingers.

When you pay your taxes, those funds becomes government revenue.

That's just a fact. I know it doesn't fit your argument, so, change your argument.

Or think of it like I do. If I were a citizen of the UK, I'd just consider that my taxes went to pay for abortions, and yours went to pay for Mr. Cameron's limousine, or plumbing repairs at 10 Downing, or bombs or whatever.

Both are equally nonsensical, but my way softens the reality of paying for crap and death.

so who then pays for the abortions on the tax payer/public owned nhs?

ill wait

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
show me links,
what kind of contraception was it?
personally I still can't accept the idea that there's companies online selling drugs and sending them through the mail. I see it as dangerous as all heck really, I can just envision someone sending their small child out to check the mail and well, find the neat little candy inside and gulping them down.

the idea of someone just randomly sending birth control through the mail willy nilly without the recipients knowledge would be extremely dangerous and I can't believe it would have happened without a big media uproar not to mention some warning put out by the gov't about it!

and far the the other part....
that happens in just about any healthcare office, when they are caught, it's blamed on shoddy record keeping and what not...and well, like you said, the provider might be slapped with a fine and forced to pay back the money. in extreme cases though, they are charges and well get to spend time in jail.....
but well, ya know what they say....
we have the "greatest healthcare system in the world"....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

sure...here you go

www.lifenews.com...

and yes its legit ....planned parenthood send the pill via mail.

plannedparenthood.org...

which is why i believe that they sent a whole load out that werent asked for, and billed the government..kinda lends credence
edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: ~Lucidity

You are correct, it is a personal choice.
And I choose not to have my taxes contributed towards the murder of unborn children.
What about my rights and choice?

Our taxes should never be paying for this.
Someday, hopefully, people will wake up and make the right "choice".

Our tax dollars don't go to abortions in general except, possibly, under extreme circumstances.

Tax dollars DO, however, go to killing people with drones and massive amounts of weaponry that, let's be honest, do a lot of collateral damage to innocent civilians in other countries. I wish I could choose not to fund that, but that's not a choice, is it? War is ugly and should only be undertaken in defense and when absolutely needed, instead it is a Billion dollar industry.

You are being waaay too logical to be in this discussion! (LOL)

Perhaps tax payers need a "line item veto" ... can you imagine the chaos?

"Well, I don't want to pay to have the roads repaired on the OTHER side of town with MY tax money ... I don't even drive over there."

Talk about the ultimate ridiculous extreme of right-wing nonsense...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

sure...here you go

www.lifenews.com...

plannedparenthood.org...

which is why i believe that they sent a whole load out that weren't asked for, and billed the government..kinda lends credence

You certainly quote a lot of "pro-life" websites for someone who is pro-choice.

What's up with that?

edit on 12Wed, 12 Aug 2015 12:06:13 -050015p122015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

sure...here you go

www.lifenews.com...

plannedparenthood.org...

which is why i believe that they sent a whole load out that werent asked for, and billed the government..kinda lends credence

You certainly quote a lot of "pro-life" websites for some who is pro-choice.

What's up with that?

still awiting on you answering my question

if it isnt tax payers who fund abortions in the UK even though the nhs is funded and owned by taxpayers...who funds the abortions?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What I don't get is ... pro-life (pro-pregnancy) people claim abortion is ending a potential life prematurely.

So, isn't an IUD that prevents the egg from implanting into the uterine wall ending a potential life prematurely? Isn't preventing ovulation preventing a potential life prematurely?

So is birth control similar to abortion in that it prevents babies who would have otherwise been born to be born?

So I would assume that pro-life (pro-pregnancy, pro-birth) people would also be against birth control. Let's say they manage to get PP to stop doing abortions -- what's next, birth control as well?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
What I don't get is ... pro-life (pro-pregnancy) people claim abortion is ending a potential life prematurely.

So, isn't an IUD that prevents the egg from implanting into the uterine wall ending a potential life prematurely? Isn't preventing ovulation preventing a potential life prematurely?

So is birth control similar to abortion in that it prevents babies who would have otherwise been born to be born?

So I would assume that pro-life (pro-pregnancy, pro-birth) people would also be against birth control. Let's say they manage to get PP to stop doing abortions -- what's next, birth control as well?

well if you are going to use that logic, men masturbating into socks should be illegal right?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes, They're Coming For Your Birth Control!

The Pro-Life Action League opposes artificial birth control (contraception), not only because it destroys the inherent meaning of the sexual act as a sign of permanent, life-giving love, but because of the disastrous consequences it has wrought on our society - See more at: prolifeaction.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I missed your question because you have a habit of inserting your comments into your repetitious quotes.

Answer:

The government from government revenues.

(That's pretty basic ... )
edit on 12Wed, 12 Aug 2015 12:11:30 -050015p122015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

sure...here you go

www.lifenews.com...

plannedparenthood.org...

which is why i believe that they sent a whole load out that weren't asked for, and billed the government..kinda lends credence

What's up with that?

Ahhhh, you beat me to it - I was just going to say the same thing.

Regarding the lawsuit in the "pro-life" link, I can't see that there was any final ruling on it yet. Sooo, it is just allegations at this point.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

That's pretty basic ...

where does the government get those revenues? do they pull them out of their a*s?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

sure...here you go

www.lifenews.com...

plannedparenthood.org...

What's up with that?

Ahhhh, you beat me to it - I was just going to say the same thing.

Regarding the lawsuit in the "pro-life" link, I can't see that there was any final ruling on it yet. Sooo, it is just allegations at this point.

she asked for links ..i provided them with a simple google search....

im pro-choice...just not pro-breaking the law or pro- selling parts for profit

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

That's pretty basic ...

where does the government get those revenues? do they pull them out of their a*s?

Multiple sources. Do you really not understand how government operation works, even at a basic level?

No, I don't think their gastronomical system is involved in that way ... but I have my doubts about your sources.

Do you also "pay" for the bombs the RAF drops? What do you figure, maybe a few micrometers of surface material?

Your point is patently absurd. We don't "follow our tax money" through the governmental systems.

Except when we're trying to make ludicrous arguments like you're trying to make.

Are you a naturalized citizen of the UK, or jus sanguis through your mom? Do you actually pay UK taxes, or do you just use the healthcare system and other services?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't think there is anything else like Planned Parenthood out there. Birth control, ultrasounds, STDs forget abortion, it's all those things that low income or no income women use. Cheap inexpensive, important healthcare for those not covered by insurance or have no where to turn or are on the outside of the system...

What's the alternative?

We talk about Planned parenthood in the context of the current political debate...not really caring about the children, women or families affected. We through out flippant, stupid answers like "Thanks ObameCAre" or something else just as absurd. We forget that even those of you with no heart who don't care about your fellow humans...if this healthcare went away...it would tax or hurt or overwhelm the system somewhere else.

Also when we talk about Abortions.. it's usually pro abortion or pro life...when the real argument is why do women choose abortions and how do we address those issues.
edit on 12-8-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join