It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should conspiracy theorists put their money where their mouth is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Do you think US presidential elections are rigged? Would you try to make money based on that belief?

I started a thread related to that issue yesterday:

Bookies are giving Hillary Clinton a 50% chance to be the next POTUS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You could literally bet your house and/or life savings on this if you wanted to. And that brings up a point that I've wondered about for a long time...

Why don't conspiracy theorists use their knowledge to try to make money more often? Or do they do it secretly? I know there are many that are trying to do that with silver and gold but this is quite different in my opinion. Precious metals are investments, this is outright gambling.

However, if you really believe that the presidential race is fixed, it wouldn't be gambling in your mind as this poster wrote in the linked thread above:

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: Profusion
Rather than spending a bunch of time reading news about the presidential election, I say just check this page periodically:

www.oddschecker.com...

Jeb Bush's odds are anywhere from 2.75-1 to 4-1 and Donald Trump's odds are anywhere from 10-1 to 21-1.

It looks to me like Hillary Clinton is virtually a lock based on the odds. Anyone else tempted to try to make money on this?

Try to make money? It's a lock, I love Donald but that is 100% sideshow just for Hillary.....It has already been decided upon...Take a peek into Bill talking Donald into running, hmmm wonder why that is?

If you really believe that it's a lock, why wouldn't you take advantage of that and make a dramatic improvement in your life?

What's your view on all this? Should conspiracy theorists put their money where their mouth is?

Would you consider betting on Clinton here?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
They play all sides. Doesn't matter who wins, the people always lose. It's rigged because TPTB retain power from all parties.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Regardless of whether you prefer the "Illusion of Choice" or believe in the "Alternative Close", there is no real choice. Both sides are controlled by the same forces that have been at play for decades.

In a single party system where all candidates are pre-approved, everyone recognizes that is not democracy. That very issue was behind the Hong Kong Protests earlier in the year.

We would never allow that here, right?

Wrong...

"Big Money" puts forward two "opposing" Candidates. It doesn't matter who is elected, they can't lose.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Because there is always that chance, no matter how big or small that maybe,that you are wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion once floated the idea of having an ats bookies, where people could bet against each other for these types of things and their predictions.

new topics

top topics

join