It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry: Rejection of Iran Deal Will Lead to U.S. Dollar Not Being the World's Reserve Currency

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I think most folks here have the good guy and bad guy confused. Disagree all you like, but I’m not changing my mind. This is a great deal. And it wasn’t negotiated and agreed upon by the U.S. alone; it includes the other major world powers, as well. Funny, the only ones to have a problem with it are the U.S. Congress and their leader, Benjamin Netenyahu. And so, here we are now, Netenyahu, the U.S. Congress and the American people, standing alone against the rest of the world. What a bunch of braindead hypocrites we are! I included this list in another post, but I’ll post it again here. If we kill this agreement it will ensure that we go to war with Iran. In that case you can count on the following (and worse):

1) Bombing alone is not enough to destroy the current program. It will simply move underground.
2) Considering 1), above, it will necessitate putting boots on the ground ONCE AGAIN in the ME.
3) In all likelihood, we will suffer thousands of military casualties, and many innocent Iranians will die, as well.
4) Iran will definately create a bomb, and A LOT SOONER than if we had honored the agreement.
5) The other partners to the deal will turn against us, as we obviously can’t be trusted.
6) The war with Iran will cost us trillions of dollars.
7) We will be left in economic ruin.
8) By wars end, Iran will have the bomb anyway, and we will have accomplished NOTHING!
9) If we go to war, the American people will scorn Obama with outrage and contempt.

And you know what? Regarding that last point, this would be exactly what the Republicans are after in order to destroy Obama’s legacy. They’ve become so desperate and ruthless as to be willing to go to such an extreme. To them, a few thousand lives sacrificed might just be acceptable in order to ruin Obama. And for icing on the cake, they would then be able to blame a Democratic administration for taking us into another war in the M.E. and costing the country trillions. They’re willing to risk thousands of American lives for a shot at the Whitehouse.

It’s outrageuous! Many of the idiots in Congress were already in favor of killing the deal, well before ever reading it. And I have a hunch not many of the posters here have read it, either. Here is a link to the deal itself, if anyone’s interested. Most of of the points are within the first 10 pages. Also, Here is a decent video that goes over the text of the deal.

What we have going here in the States right now is a suicidal, blood-thirsty lynchmob mentality. If anyone's the bad guy here it's the U.S. Congress. They're playing politics with our lives. We’re a friggin’ disgrace!

This really isn’t rocket science, and you don't need to be a nuclear physicist to understand the bottom line. Your choices are a) war, or b) no war. It’s that simple. Have the American people become so dumbed-down and filled with hate as to actually believe what the rogue, war-mongering U.S. Congress and Benjamin Netenyahu is feeding them?

No wonder we’re considered internationally as the greatest terrorist threat in the world. We deserve that title. We’ve earned it!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well he is correct.......But they never had the right to make this deal in the first place. But ya if we walk away now it is really bad.

Take a good hard look guys and gals at what progressive liberal leadership really is. Pie in the sky and sounds good on paper. But in the real world is causes disaster chaos and fear. Progressive ideals and leadership fails time after time.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The fear of Iran developing a nuke/s always makes me roar with laughter. They don't need to when they can afford to buy them from Pakistan.

Does anyone realise that Pakistan can sell nukes to anyone they choose because it is given so much aid it can afford to keep its nuclear programme bang up to date. Face it only a portion of the aid received benefits the actual people. Saudi is another country that doesn't need to actually develop their own as again it could buy what it wants any time it chooses. But its the dull elephant in the room because there are very few countries idiotic enough to ever contemplate using their nuclear bombs.

Obama and Kerry are most likely worried about the fact that a big part of the American economy relies heavily on the rest of the world holding dollars as the reserve currency to buy their oil with. That would be their problem.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: netbound

Agree with you totally.

But when has Iran ever said it will declare war against America or the UK my country for that matter? So why are we thinking about warfare with that Nation?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Iran red herring
China 3.5 per cent reduction in 2 days

......currency wars have just gone hot

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Kerry likes to act like he is the one in control of the negotiations.
But the truth behind closed doors is more like this.
And Kerry is NOT Vader.

They will do whatever it takes to sign a deal to SAY we signed a deal.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Apparently Kerry doesn't know how reserve currencies work... I mean I agree that we shouldn't reject the Iran deal, but his rhetoric is stupid.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: xuenchen
The fact that Kerry says this is reason enough for me to not believe one word he says.

Like the entire U.S. Dollar system hinges on Iran all-of-a-sudden?

That vid didnt really show context to his rant but from what I gather it would effect the US economy to sweet talk it's allys into working with Iran and then stepping out of the deal and threaten sanctions against anyone that deals with Iran.

Or in other words... 1+1=2

It's called a Slippery Slope Fallacy.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The US had basically zero negotiating position here but had to proceed with the deal

This statement is UTTERLY ridiculous. The US has imposed 20 years of crushing sanctions. The US has frozen HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of Iranian assets and cash. The US and Israel have made it VERY clear that there are more than willing to reduce Iran to a smoking hole if they wish. They have also made it clear they are willing to contaminate not on Iran, but most of Northern Europe and Russia with radiation by destroying their nuclear facilities. The US has imposed weapons embargoes on Iran. Israel has made a sport out of assassinating Iranian scientists....

So tell me again how the US had no bargaining position? LMAO.

Just to be crystal clear here....Iran has NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS PROGRAM ACCORDING TO EVERY MAJOR INTELLIGENCE AGENCY.

This is a good deal....not taking it would be utter and complete madness.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
We need to negotiate and work with Iran. The time for bully politics and rejecting deals with other nations because of inner political turmoil is over.

The Republicans and the extreme right need to grow the hell up and join the new millennium.

If we are not able to work with Iran and present ourselves as reasonable, Russia, China, Iran, India and a few other nations have already been discussing the idea of trading their oil and other resources in a currency other than the US dollar.

We may scoff at the idea because it was said by a Democrat, but the reality of that possibility is still there.
edit on 12-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Petro dollar is dying and we are a fiat monetary supply. Regardless of deal the dollar will not be the currency in the future

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
With many large countries/economies trying to or already are switching from the dollar for trade, I think he point is moot.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

But not trading with Iran still isn't going to make our currency NOT a reserve currency. There are tons of other reserve currencies in the world. Some more important than others. We may not have the number ONE currency in the world if we don't deal with Iran (I have my doubts about this too actually), but we certainly would still have a reserve currency status. Like I said, I agree with Kerry's position, but his rhetoric is stupid.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, the rhetoric is stupid, I can agree.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

We need to negotiate and work with Iran.

And we are.

Right?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Iran red herring
China 3.5 per cent reduction in 2 days

......currency wars have just gone hot

been dropping our dollar as reserve currencies all over the world...he makes it sound like this is new......

Anyone watching the currency around the world knows what Kerry is saying is irrelevant........its happening anyway and whether theres an Iran deal or not , it will continue to happen......

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes we are.

And that's a good thing, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

Depends on WHAT is bombed. Destroying their leadership in a decaptation strike(the mullahs and supreme leader and his cronies) would be the most speedy way to achieve this. Wait until they have a huge celebration then One tac nuke low yield during the celebration seals the deal. or a Specially design MOAB delivered from space to avoid Irans radar until its too late into the supreme leaders box. As you can see if i became president i would bring back assasination.
edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: Educating

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadcalm
This statement is UTTERLY ridiculous. The US has imposed 20 years of crushing sanctions. The US has frozen HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of Iranian assets and cash. The US and Israel have made it VERY clear that there are more than willing to reduce Iran to a smoking hole if they wish. They have also made it clear they are willing to contaminate not on Iran, but most of Northern Europe and Russia with radiation by destroying their nuclear facilities. The US has imposed weapons embargoes on Iran. Israel has made a sport out of assassinating Iranian scientists....

The strongest of those sanctions, which require the cooperation of the rest of the world were placed on Iran with the understanding of all involved that they would be temporary until a deal could be worked out. The rest of the world was moving forward with a deal which meant those sanctions were going away. Any sanctions the US would be leaving in place would be ineffective. Further, when you sanction a country you're isolating yourself from them economically, and economics are the main form of one nation exerting pressure on another. Look for example at what Russia can do to Europe by raising the price of natural gas. So leaving our sanctions in place keeps us out of the political process in the future.

The only real card we have is military action, but military action without the assistance of other nations is expensive, and controlling an area rather than a bombing campaign heavily commits the US, costing us in negotiations with nations like China and Russia in the future. Further, if we go to war while the rest of the world is trying diplomacy it will isolate us and maybe even bring additional nations in against us. Basically, military action was never on the table.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Absolutely no direct relationship---- the IMF has already delayed the inclusion of the 'Yuan' until 2016.... the China currency will be added into the basket of currencies (as reserve currencies) in the SDR's 1 year later than the China expectation of 2015 !
the earlier application of Yuan or Renmimbi China currency was delayed for 5 years, so China is a lot closer to breaking the western strangle-hold on currency of legal-exchange-recognized monies

the writings is on the wall.... de-dollarization will turn into a cascading waterfall...

SO, swift-boat Kerry---- is trying to create a false link with the worlds projected financial situation.... with utter BS from another spokes-person of the very questionable Obama reign-as-it-were

edit on th31143941306912572015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join