It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA agent: "Fukushima is a big concern… Fukushima is always on people’s minds…"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Gay Sheffield, NOAA Sea Grant (US Dept. of Commerce) marine advisory agent, July 2014 at 31:00 in (emphasis added): “I’m here in Bering Strait and I know there’s people [on this call] from all over the state, so they may not be familiar with some of our events. Right after Fukushima blew, we had, and still sort of have… an unusual mortality event with four species of seals in this region, all the way from Bristol Bay, up to Barrow (the Russian side), and all the way into Canada… A lot of people were curious, because we have never been able to find an infectious disease. A lot of people were concerned and worried that this Fukushima radiation had some effect… Fukushima is a big concern in this region… Fukushima is always on people’s minds… Here’s the cover of the Nome Nugget, that’s our newspaper here, and the top story was the lack of radiation monitoring was really annoying people — that we had nothing, nothing was being done. It was a concern all the time on people’s minds — with the seals, with the birds, and what not… it was making the front news of the paper. I hope that lets others know that the concern people have in Western Alaska… it’s a big thing.”
Link to article

I'm just passing this along for the "The mass death in the Pacific Ocean has nothing to do with Fukushima" contingent.

The complete interview of Gay Sheffield is here:

Link to interview

For the "It's El Niño" and "It's cyclical" contingents, there was no mention of either of those things in the interview.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion I am quite sure there is an effect. But, one quote from one NOAA guy on a site that no one has ever heard of will not help.

I believe it. But we need more. s&f.

edit on 11-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
A guy from the department of commerce says we are keeping an eye on the situation.
Ok

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It's such a huge concern but the only time I ever hear anyone mention it
is on ATS. For years absolutely zero talk on the news I don't get it.
This has been on my mind since it happened ...... We still talk about the Chernobyl disaster we have movies, documentaries etc. What are they not telling us and why do they sweep it under the rug, concerning.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbrite
This has been on my mind since it happened ...... We still talk about the Chernobyl disaster we have movies, documentaries etc. What are they not telling us and why do they sweep it under the rug, concerning.

You can skip ahead to about the one minute and forty second mark in the following video to get the best answer I've heard (although it's not a complete answer, I believe if you extrapolate the answer, you'll understand the big picture):

www.youtube.com...

Kevin Blanch: "Why wouldn't they break ranks and somebody say it? Because they're afraid. They're afraid not just to lose their job. From what I understand, I don't know if it's true...I understand they make them sign contracts when they go work there (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory). And I don't know exactly what the contracts say but that's where the whole thing's being run. And it wasn't Obama telling them. They told him. And they don't report to Presidents, Presidents report to the DOE. You know....I mean, the DOE is the most corrupt organization in the history of mankind. I mean, they are the Mob."

I've had a couple of threads directly related to the topic you brought up:

Proof that "The Matrix" concept is our true reality?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If the world has collectively gone insane, how would we know?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-8-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Would it be hyperbolic of me to say we are all gonna die!!!

No really we are eventually anyway.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

that we had nothing, nothing was being done. It was a concern all the time on people’s minds — with the seals, with the birds, and what not… it was making the front news of the paper. I hope that lets others know that the concern people have in Western Alaska

What is the "WAS" garbage?? You mean still IS a huge concern around (ATS).....MSM says nothing to worry about little sheep, go back to the barn....Shoo

Yet here we are years later still beating on the same drum about this crap and finally the MSM puts a story up or two just to shut us up?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

So uck it.....We don't care about anyone else after us....Let's just destroy it all or say who gives an uck, we all die anyways....you people.....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

yes because i said all of that somehow.. 'you people'

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

people close to the disaster have been silenced...

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Sorry I will quote you again.....We are all gonna die anyways....Am I mis-reading something here? Please elaborate if I am missing something....

So with this logic of we are all gonna die, who cares right?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

No you draw that conclusion not me. I was pointing to the nature of the thread not to not giving a # about our environment that's where your head went not mine. Concluding # then making statements like 'you people' is offensive.
edit on 11-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

No you draw that conclusion not me. I was pointing to the nature of the thread not to not giving a # about our environment that's where your head went not mine. Concluding # then making statements like 'you people' is offensive.

yeah because saying we are all going to die eventually anyways when we are discussing a terrible disaster is appropriate then...If you didn't mean that I find it just as idiotic a statement now after your reply...

We need to fix this issue ASAP! Not just push it aside and ignore it like we have for years...Something needs done!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Dude save the environment yes! I agree, is the radiation from Fukushima the worst and most pressing matter at this moment. Would you like me to stand here in awe and just scream, I acknowledge it's importance I also acknowledge the hyperbole surrounding it.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Dude save the environment yes! I agree, is the radiation from Fukushima the worst and most pressing matter at this moment. Would you like me to stand here in awe and just scream, I acknowledge it's importance I also acknowledge the hyperbole surrounding it.

No I don't want you to stand there and scream....Why can't discussions be based on what we can or need to do rather than "we are all dying eventually"? That is the exact thinking and stupid logic behind why most of these issues get swept under the rug....People don't care more than 5 minutes about a topic and this is a pretty serious one that needs to stay....And by the way I don't mean you personally above, just using your statement as an example because I see it all over these boards...Can't we all get together and freaking get crap done? Why is this such a daunting task?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Its certainly bad news and has been for ages we've all known this,but the minimal main stream media coverage on it and the sweeping under the rug actions by our goverments are purely to stop panic and mayhem.# is #ed up people and getting real. Not just in Okinawa but the world.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You know your goverments are run by a higher power, This higher power has control on most of the world. "Most" but there is still hope,still hope to rid this group of elite and super rich. For their are goverments out there that can take down these super evil group of families. Many have tried and failed. But Putin will succeed.
yeh yeh yeh call me a Putin lover and whatever. But all this corruption and greed is pure evil, it's worst then hitlers motives it's pure insane. I don't know if the U.S. goverment can fight it. How would they ? I believe in the laws your forfarthers laid down. I mean the f'ing constitution ! All that has been thrown out the window. It's makin u guys look bad :p I can't talk I'm Australian so that mean we're usa's bitch. Can u see what's going on tho? Can u see what's happening ?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19682305]Profusion[/post
Just woke up from a dream about #ushima,
and then I open ats and find this blog
at the top..
My dream involved me being in the vicinity of
the disaster when it happened and trying to head
away from where the wind was blowing, but the
dominant thought throughout the dream was how
could I have stopped it from happening knowing
when it was going to ( it actually coincided with my brothers birthday, wasn't much of a party..)with my time travelling abilities
in this dream ?
Imagine showing up at the gate of the nuclear facility
a couple of hours before the earthquake demanding
to speak to the boss, without knowing japanese..how far would you get ?! If you could have proven your phsycic
abilities by predicting the time and magnitude of the earthquake to get him to shut down all reactors before the tidal wave struck, would that have prevented the
meltdown caused by cooling failure ?
I do believe we can adjust the past through actions in the now, but my attempts are feeble, it needs a more effective course of action, any thoughts ?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
You'd prob get locked up and called a terrorist then sent to the USA for brain testing :p.. It would take weeks to build some sort of SHEILD in the ocean. Which I believe they already have. Would a simplistic shut down make a difference. Youd think it would take weeks to properly shut down the reactors to be deemed safe. What happened happened. It's the after math that follows. It's the fish and birds in the millions dying.its those weird plants and flowers growing around the facility. We's people here need some questions answerned

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Obi88
You are right off course we need answers, just recently
here on the west coast of BC we have been engulfed by forest fires and guess what, all that radiation that has been and continues to sweep over us has just gone airborne again.., does the media call your attention to this ? God forbid ! Could cause a panic..or cause nut farmers to lose customers.. I lived in europe
during Chernobyl and there the governments at least
warned you to stay inside, out of the rain etc.., also
for years the media warned people not to consume mushrooms, nuts or wildlife from affected areas which
were shown on maps. The american model is based on the ostrich..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join