It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is it racist?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
a reply to: Revolution9

white privilege - en.wikipedia.org...

I think in this day for people to call people racist for the most "stupid" reasons comes from the left, both black folks and white folks.

i remember 2 years in to obama's presidency i had said on facebook in a comment that i didn't like obama (im a conservative) on a political page and i was attacked by white liberals mostly calling me a racist, even after i explained why i didnt like him (certain policys etc) i was told i didn't like because he was black which is a lie.

white liberals have hijacked the race card and they are maxing it out to the point where its losing its effectiveness, its meaning, because to even side glance at a black person they jump on you.

Let me put it this way, we want equality for all, but lets concentrate on black people for now....if i say to a white man who doesn't have a job "get a job" that's fine if i say to a black person (who is my equal) who doesn't have a job, "get a job" the liberals roll out "oh you cant say that ya racist"...now tell me how is it racist? because hes black? is he to be treated differently based on his race?

equality is equality, and unfortunately with equality you are afforded the same critique as your equal, but liberals want you to walk on eggshells around black folks "you cant say this and you cant say that" BULLCRAP...that right there is the epitome of racism, to suggest that you should treat black differently than your white counterparts is racist.

Now if i called a black person a n****r, that's racist,(which iv'e never done by the way) to deny service to a person based on their race..thats racist, to tell a jobless black person to get a job..that isnt racist.

like i say, liberals will call everything racist nowadays its becoming ridiculous.

Which liberals are sying all this?please point me to posts or blogs where people have said you cant say "get a job" to a black man....please point me to ANYTHING that backs up your rant.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
a reply to: LongishLongo

Unfortunately anyone sporting a "White Pride" or "Black Power" tattoo is always going to be considered a racist, even if that is not their intention. You gotta be careful with stuff like that, it can easily get you killed. For example, if I got a tattoo that said CK most people will think I mean "Crip Killa" but to me it means "Christ's Kingdom" but it wouldn't matter what it means to me if I'm in the wrong place or around the wrong people, according to them it means something else.

Of course this is why I will never get tattoo's, plus I hate needles.

I'd think it meant Calvin Klein personally..

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: kellyjay
a reply to: Revolution9

white privilege - en.wikipedia.org...

I think in this day for people to call people racist for the most "stupid" reasons comes from the left, both black folks and white folks.

i remember 2 years in to obama's presidency i had said on facebook in a comment that i didn't like obama (im a conservative) on a political page and i was attacked by white liberals mostly calling me a racist, even after i explained why i didnt like him (certain policys etc) i was told i didn't like because he was black which is a lie.

white liberals have hijacked the race card and they are maxing it out to the point where its losing its effectiveness, its meaning, because to even side glance at a black person they jump on you.

Let me put it this way, we want equality for all, but lets concentrate on black people for now....if i say to a white man who doesn't have a job "get a job" that's fine if i say to a black person (who is my equal) who doesn't have a job, "get a job" the liberals roll out "oh you cant say that ya racist"...now tell me how is it racist? because hes black? is he to be treated differently based on his race?

equality is equality, and unfortunately with equality you are afforded the same critique as your equal, but liberals want you to walk on eggshells around black folks "you cant say this and you cant say that" BULLCRAP...that right there is the epitome of racism, to suggest that you should treat black differently than your white counterparts is racist.

Now if i called a black person a n****r, that's racist,(which iv'e never done by the way) to deny service to a person based on their race..thats racist, to tell a jobless black person to get a job..that isnt racist.

like i say, liberals will call everything racist nowadays its becoming ridiculous.

Which liberals are sying all this?please point me to posts or blogs where people have said you cant say "get a job" to a black man....please point me to ANYTHING that backs up your rant.

the job part was merely an example but if you want evidence of libral PC gone wild ill show you.

www.debate.org...

blogs.spectator.co.uk...

with regards to racism, the left are inventing racism to perpetuate racism, taking words from a dictionary and deciding that that word is the new "n****r" and therefor racist ..im talking about the word thug, which has zero racial connotation

reverbpress.com...

Part of the problem is how broad the definition of the word racism has become, going from meaning simply believing that one's race determines one's character (the original definition) to meaning believing that races other than one's own are biologically inferior, to mocking people of other races, to not liking people of other races, to feeling uncomfortable around people of other races, to criticizing the cultures of people of other races, to holding naive viewpoints about other races, to...until it has become all but impossible for people of different races to interact with each other without this accusation being tossed around.

tvtropes.org...

hotair.com...

nypost.com...

knock yourself out

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
In my opinion Political correctness does nothing but stifle free speech, you know the first amendment wasn't created for people to say what people liked to hear, but for people to have the freedom to say things that people didn't like or didn't want to hear.

So political correctness is nothing more than an infringement on peoples basic rights. And who was it that rolled out this P.C crap? you guessed it LIBERALS.

Liberals claim to support peoples rights, unless of course its something they don't agree with and then they use P.C to shut you up, they are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.
edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

It is an issue because,

"Between 1450 and 1850 at least 12 million Africans were taken across the notorious Middle Passage of the Atlantic - mainly to colonies in North America, South America, and the West Indies."

"11 million people were killed during the Holocaust (1.1 million children). 6 million of those victims were Jewish. Other groups targeted by the Nazis were Jehovah's Witnesses, homosexuals, disabled people, and Roma."

Because, (check out the REAL lynching photographs on Google, not shared here because they are so shocking).

Because an estimated 80% to 90% of the Native American population died after the arrival of Europeans.

These are just some of the horrors of our recent past. If it was not tackled then it would continue.

I would not be so proud about that "white" thing against this historical backdrop.

It is an issue because of so much past genocide. It is an issue because it can be used as an excuse in the minds of people to exterminate minorities as a political rouse.

So when people look at the man with the "white pride" tattoo they see a fool who has not considered history.

Racism is a threat to our civilization. It has to constantly be monitored and dealt with. I am just skirting around this issue. "But why in the hell should it matter?", surely you can see that it does matter and that it is socially very dangerous.

And that was how many years ago? White people of today should NOT be held accountable for what other white people did years ago, we wasn't there and had no hand in any of that. It's ludicrous to blame someone today for something they did NOT do! Furthermore, while bringing up history, I notice you and others conveniently left out the part about the White Irish slaves.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So we got pc crowd is evil, blakcs can be racist too, oh and its the liberals fault, different rant same story

Poor us white people, life is not fair.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

I can't speak for these people who are misusing it. In the public arena we have certain codes of etiquette and conduct. Do you want it to be like the days when a shop keeper could call someone that word and refuse to serve them just because they don't like that race? Is that not the real hatred that has real negative effects?

PC is an easy enough game to play.

In your own home you can say and do whatever you like. You can even have a great big Swastika tattooed on your forehead and you will not be punished by law. We do have freedom, but there are laws to protect all of us. Every day we have to control ourselves and our speech, like when we are in front of children we do not swear or talk about anything too "adult". It follows that in front of a gay person you do not voice in public how much you might dislike gay people and ridicule them. Same thing with race.

It would be just as unacceptable if a black person was to call someone white t**** and refuse to serve them. There would be legal consequences. It is your interpretation of PC that I think is at fault. It works all ways. We are all protected to a degree in public society.

In my own home I am not PC all of the time. I say things that I would not want others to hear, just to get it off my chest.

Personally, I am not under the spell of PC. Naturally I am like that anyway, polite and inclusive. I will not allow all the junk to get in the way of my relationships and how I see others. Between me and black people there is only a natural response of shared humanity. They are my equal and I am there's, racially. If a black man has a better life or more money than me I don't get jealous. He is just a guy who is richer than I am.

Well flog it all how you see fit. I am glad that I don't have to go around with all this conflict in my brain. It would surely drive me insane.

edit on 11-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

why is it racist?!

I'm not sure who's more confused here -- you or me. You really don't see how making a decision -- or worse, a judgment -- based on race is not racist? That's pretty much the definition of racist. Unless you have some new fancy dictionary that defines the root word "race" and the suffix "ist" differently than all the rest??? Me thinks you know exactly why it is called racist. So is your real question "why is is wrong to be racist?" But that can't be, because after explaining and excusing why it's okay to be racist, you state:

Sorry, racism period gets me fired up, to see any race judged over skin color sickens me.

Well then what exactly is a "White Pride" tattoo if not judging and promoting a race? Why would anyone be proud of being White, or any race? What accomplishment is there in the color of our skin? We're born that way. It wasn't any great effort or thought or action on our part. Because being White makes one good? Nope, plenty of bad White people too. Because being White makes one honest? Nope, plenty of White liars and thieves and cheaters. Because being White makes one... well... anything? Except, of course, White? Because God loves White people more? Nope, God loves us all the same.

Okay, so maybe what you really meant to ask is "why would a person of another race consider it racist?" Well, again, because it is -- by definition -- racist. And because historically, in this country, in past times and in present times, people of other races have suffered various degrees of repression, oppression and violence because of White people under color of law and at the force of a gun. And because White people worked double-time to disenfranchise and marginalize other peoples of color with tremendous success, for which they are still suffering to one extent or another... only to hear White people pretend like they weren't successful then and pretend all is equal and hunky dory now.

I can understand why a person who has been on the losing end because of their race would make a statement (including a tattoo) to promote their race from the lower rung they've been forced onto... to say, "Hey! We deserve better! I'm not going to let you drag me down because of my race dammit!!!"

White people are not in that position though. White people know the history, the current reality, and they know that "White Pride" is a slap in the face to anyone not "White." And I think you know that too.

So I'm left wondering, what is it you're REALLY asking? (or saying...)

edit on 11-8-2015 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

I can't speak for these people who are misusing it. In the public arena we have certain codes of etiquette and conduct. Do you want it to be like the days when a shop keeper could call someone that word and refuse to serve them just because they don't like that race. Is that not the real hatred that has real negative effects.

PC is an easy enough game to play.

In your own home you can say and do whatever you like. You can even have a great big Swastika tattooed on your forehead and you will not be punished by law. We do have freedom, but there are laws to protect all of us. Every day we have to control ourselves and our speech, like when we are in front of children we do not swear or talk about anything too "adult". It follows that in front of a gay person you do not voice in public how much you might dislike gay people and ridicule them. Same thing with race.

It would be just as unacceptable if a black person was to call someone white t**** and refuse to serve them. There would be legal consequences. It is your interpretation of PC that I think is at fault. It works all ways. We are all protected to a degree in public society.

In my own home I am not PC all of the time. I say things that I would not want others to hear, just to get it off my chest.

Personally, I am not under the spell of PC. Naturally I am like that anyway, polite and inclusive. I will not allow all the junk to get in the way of my relationships and how I see others. Between me and black people there is only a natural response of shared humanity. They are my equal and I am there's, racially. If a black man has a better life or more money than me I don't get jealous. He is just a guy who is richer than I am.

Well flog it all how you see fit. I am glad that I don't have to go around with all this conflict in my brain. It would surely drive me insane.

showing displeasure at gay people and voicing that would be a display of bigotry
not serving someone and calling them the N word is classed as racism....so lets not encompass that within the realms of political correctness gone wild....if i'm a bigot and display bigoted views then people have the right to excercise their free speech and call me a bigot, if i'm a racist and display racist views then people have the right under free speech to label me a racist.

but not EVERYTHING is racist, and yes the P.C crowd are taking things way too far, i gave examples in my last post...if someone says something you don't like and you get upset over that...that's life, nobody has the right to decide what people can and cannot say, you go to far and there are consequences wether that be a fine, jailtime, or a punch in the face...

the world is going to crap with all of this "political feelings"

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think Eddie McCoy said it best:

You can't be apologetic for what happened in the past and what your ancestor did, because my ancestor did bad things to their family, too.

Hatfields & McCoys

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I keep away from it all. I have my own secret way of dealing with this world.

Racism to me personally means Manners and Respect. Same with gay people, same with feminism.

This world never was an easy ride for us. There was a huge deficit in the West and it has come to the fore. There is no end in sight because nothing ever stops changing. With all the travelling, cultural migration and cosmopolitan nature of our world it has become necessary to redefine identities and gender any way.

It is only negative if we see it that way. I'm a universal humanist. I want the best for all my brothers and sisters who make up the whole of the human race. I was done with boundaries, borders and the like long ago. Just watching the world moving snail pace to a better place. It is coming to join me slowly. Where I am at there is no war or violence and women and men are equal. The colour of a man's skin is no more significant than the colour of his eyes. Hurry up world, I'm kinda lonely.

edit on 11-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think any type of pride is fine, as long as it isn't taken to a hurtful/harmful extreme. Example, the KKK and the Black Panthers. IMO Those two groups are really negatively racist.

I'm getting a tattoo that says Red Hand Nation with the American Indian Movement symbol beneath it.... I'm proud of my native american heritage, and I never want to forget the journey my grandfather went on to protect the reserve at the Second battle of Wounded Knee.

No, it doesn't mean I hate white people or anyone who isn't native... I'm just proud of my family and what we stand for.
People should have the right to preserve their culture, but to lynch, or jump people because of their heritage and skin color... That is when it is negative racism and unacceptable. The PROBLEM is not a lot of people understand this. They see WHITE POWER and think it automatically means they are dealing with some neo-nazi KKK douche bag. etc...

-Alee
edit on 8/11/2015 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

It might have something to do with the fact that "white pride" is and has been central to the doctrine and rhetoric of every white supremacist group, ever.

Kind of like how having a swastika tattoo might cause a person to be viewed as a neo-Nazi regardless of personal meaning.

For me personally, I think all of the pride crap is indicative of weakness; of some deeply felt lack of self worth that results in a person turning toward "race" to compensate for a lack of pride in himself.

Yep...like when we were in primary school, writing our name, over and over again on schoolbooks...has it's roots firmly planted in a search for identity...

Å99

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Cain Velasquez gets a lot of stick for his brown pride tattoo from white people and its a question that comes up repeatedly. It's not like there's a free pass for one group over another, just the perception that there is.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So, White Pride = Freedom, Black Pride = Freedom, Latin Pride = Freedom.. but stop those Pride Parades because they are useless...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join