It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Year After the Outbreak, Jesse Ventura Looks Into Ebola Conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Just a year ago, we were at the height of the Ebola epidemic -- and the entire world was losing its mind. But now, conspiracies are coming out about the virus, making us take a closer look at the origins of the outbreak. I take a hard look at one theory that may connect the U.S. to the outbreak.

What do you think about the Ebola epidemic?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this the other day? What happened to this whole massive outbreak doom and gloom? Where did it go? Was it suppressed?
is it still happening? Was it a lie. Is it still around and happening and we are not being informed?
edit on 8/10/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sorry, I just can't take Jesse Ventura seriously as a conspiracy theorist.

He takes the "Ancient Aliens" approach - assumes there's a conspiracy and then tries to find anything that will back this uo=p.

No scientific method to his research at all, which makes the results of his "investigation" completely invalid.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
I was just thinking about this the other day? What happened to this whole massive outbreak doom and gloom? Where did it go? Was it suppressed?
is it still happening? Was it a lie. Id it still around and happening?

It wasn't supressed. Everyone died, and the virus was contained with the dead bodies.

Still happening a little bit in Africa, but mostly contained.

If you think it was a lie, maybe visit some of the Ebola hospitals in Africa.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

It's good to see you stick around the site, Jesse, and thanks for the work.

And on topic, I don't see why there is even a doubt as to whether we would use chemical or biological weapons or not. We have used biological weapons on our own people; the last of the Tuskegee men would agree with that.

We have naturalized German scientists and doctors after WW2, giving them exile in return for their experiments and knowledge, which was gained via questionable means. We did the same with Unit 731, and have helped the Japanese bury that project for over 50 years, in exchange.

Why would our government suddenly change the M.O. that it is already so comfortable with?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think it was funny that on an episode of his show Conspiracy Theory, I noticed the girl that was working with him was looking on ATS to find out stuff. She was like " hey Jesse there is this conspiracy God named Phage on ATS, maybe he knows". Second sentence was a joke.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

He takes the "Ancient Aliens" approach - assumes there's a conspiracy and then tries to find anything that will back this uo=p.

No scientific method to his research at all, which makes the results of his "investigation" completely invalid.

Now someone has to be a scientist in order to socialize and inform?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
a reply to: JesseVentura

It's good to see you stick around the site, Jesse, and thanks for the work.

Seriously?

I highly doubt JV invested any "work" on this OP, nor did he have anything to do with actually being on the site and physically posting this thread.

It would be refreshing for him to show up and prove me wrong by actually RESPONDING in HIS threads.

Waiting......

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I agree that just because someone feels a person or a country or a government might have some intent or reason to do something, the wrong way to go about researching is to assume that this is the case, and then start trying to find puzzle pieces to fit the conspiracy puzzle you are trying to assemble. It's the reason that for every single major event, be it a natural disaster, a fire, a high profile murder, a mass murder, a hate crime, a disease outbreak, whatever.. the U.S. government is ALWAYS listed as the root cause (or some sinister NWO source). Everything is a false flag, everything is HAARP (which is such a powerful weapon at this point, it would make every Bond nemesis very jealous), everything is a way for our government to turn this in a police state.

It's like the Pentagon plane from 9/11. So many people were convinced it was our government, that they all filled in whatever pieces they could to fit their own agenda of blaming the U.S. for the event. And so we have a bunch of folks who are CERTAIN their well thought-out investigations are the correct ones. And thus we have the no plane theory, the missile theory, the explosion theory, the flyover theory, the government plane theory, etc.

While I understand it's a conspiracy site, if the people posting here were to be believed, there are no natural disasters, no mass murderers or crazy people, no safe products, no freedoms, our government is trying to kill us or control us at every turn, Russia and China are great places to live with amazing leaders (as well as Saddam until he died), and the U.S. Presidents are evil incarnate. Which is the reason you can't believe everything you read at a conspiracy site. : )

And the reason you shouldn't come up with a conclusion.. and then try to find facts that will back it up, which happens far too often here.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

100% AGREE I have watched some episodes here in the UK and his reporters/investigators are laughable and they say sceptics are closed minded

edit on 11-8-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

While it would be great to see him engage in discussion, I do understand that the more famous contributors may have other engagements other than defending themselves against the vitriol that ATS has become.

Which other contributors still even post on ATS? None that I can think of, and I really don't blame them, this is not the site it used to be. During the last elections all kinds of members were taken and allowed to post pretty much un-moderated. Now some of those members have pretty much changed the way the site runs and honestly it chases away people.

I was just saying it's nice to see someone who does not shy away from what we have become.

edit on 11-8-2015 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

No people with just as much time, experience and better knowledge of certain subjects scare these people away because on the sites they normally post on members usually agree with them.

For example if they post a video or picture claiming something and members on here can show their assumptions are wrong they don't like it, some of the claims shown on JV's program give me a good

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64 he's responded to me in one of his threads, maybe if you had a point to make he'd respond to you. Do you respond to everyone in a thread you've made even the ones who make no point and just question your authenticity?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

It's hard to respond to everyone when you actually live off the grid. When I tape the show, I try and go through and answer as many posts as I can. If you have a question for me, ask and I'll do my best to answer the next chance I get.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I agree. We’ve been using biological and chemical weapons through the years. What bothers me is our hypocrisy. The reasons we went to war in Iraq. We claimed Saddam Hussein had chemical weapons. So again, it’s okay for us to have chemical weapons, but it’s not okay for anyone else to have them. It’s okay for us to use them, but it’s not okay for anyone else. How about it’s not okay for anybody including us to have them or use them?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I don’t know. It went away, and now they’ve got the cure. They’ve got 100% vaccination to it now. Where the hell was that a couple years ago, and why weren’t they working on it then? But I guess it took the outbreak to commit to it. So apparently with this new vaccination, Ebola is a thing of the past now. But it did make for great ratings, didn’t it? And ratings mean money to the media.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
is it still happening? Was it a lie. Is it still around and happening and we are not being informed?

It wasn't a lie. It ravaged several parts of Western Africa. But there have been large Ebola outbreaks in Africa before & the world was silent.

The difference this time is there was a major election cycle in the US at the time. Fear & gloom is the easiest way to excite some parts of the American electorate, particularly in the right wing. So just like the whole Mayan Apocalypse in 2012, Ebola was used as a prop to excite the electorate. Once the election was over, the need for that prop was gone. So like clockwork, the fear mongering about Ebola disappeared almost immediately after the election.

The story is much different if you're talking about the African countries that were actually ravaged by it, though. It's been pretty much contained now. Though it's not like our MSM cares enough about African politics to report on this side of events.
edit on 13-8-2015 by enlightenedservant because: left out a word. i blame u cuz i dont beliebe in no pursonal responsisbilitee (hiccup)

new topics

top topics

join