It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby’s lives matter: Journalist questions abortion after PP videos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Anyone surprised that many "anti-choice" folks here are also generally "anti-science"?

Anyone whose opinion on a Woman's Right to Choose has been altered by these fraudulent videos wasn't truly in favor of Choice to begin with.

Anyone who justifies "murder" (for those who claim "Abortion is murder.") because of certain circumstances (rape, incest, danger to woman) and damns it in others is plainly hypocritical if not utterly dishonest.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

"Abortions should be legal since it(the law) doesn't stop them from happening"

Utter Silliness

Stealing should be legal, since it(the law) doesn't stop it from happening.

Utter silliness. Were you being serious when you made that statement?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Back alley abortions were common? Do you believe everything you read?

As an aside, the 3% number thrown out by PP is an outright lie.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Abortion is murdering an unborn child. All abortion is wrong because murder is wrong. ALL the time.

Fraudulent videos, lol. You're still beating that drum? You keep trying to shoot the messenger, but you're missing horribly.

The Pro-life doctrine gets only stronger as the science reveals the amazing mysteries of the development of a child in the womb. Pro-life and the sciences are dance partners.

Pro-life is proven by science. The pro-death crowd uses science, twists it, manipulates it to further their inhumane, genocidal agenda.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Pro-life is proven by science.

What part of the anti-choice stance is proven by science? Life begins at conception? Nope. An embryo is a tiny person? Nope. A 16 week old fetus feels pain? Nope. Real rape can't get a woman pregnant, 'cuz the body shuts down? Nope. There's never a good reason for an abortion? Nope.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Seriously? Are you just assuming back alley, unsafe abortions, never happened or were rare? Here's what I read about it doing a quick google search. Stupid reading, why I believe you?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Unsafe abortion is a significant cause of maternal mortality and morbidity in the world. Most unsafe abortions occur where abortion is illegal,[3] or in developing countries where affordable well-trained medical practitioners are not readily available,[4][5] or where modern contraceptives are unavailable.[6] About one in eight pregnancy-related deaths worldwide is associated with unsafe abortion.[7]

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
To all that worship at the alter of science

Scientific truth is fluid

500 years ago leaches were standard treatment then 1800 how barbaric to modern research shows some places it like helps crushed appendages.

60s chiropractic medicine was a quakery now they are main stream.

In the 60s cigs were good and butter was bad eat margarine instead. Today cigs kill you butter is good and margarine is bad.

60s no life can live in the extreams like under antarctic ice or in the heat of deep sea hydrothermal vents double fail there life found in both places.

Given the track record I will take it with a grain of salt.

I think political its better for PP and the researchers that Babies are nonhuman till they are born . Reducing a human to subhuman status makes it easier to kill it unit 739 called people logs others reduced humans to they are just a low species of humans to justify experimentation or slavery they are not really a human.

Touch a eagle egg get 5-10 in prison kill a baby sell the part gets you a Lamborghini .

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness

Scientific 'Truth' is not only fluid...it's quite subjective.
Josef Mengele thought he was contributing to Science:

The spirit of Josef Mengele lives on

By Bob Rinearson for The News-Sentinel
Monday, August 10, 2015 - 12:05 pm

Dr. Josef Mengele was the Angel of Death.

During World War II, he was the physician assigned at the Nazi concentration camp Auschwitz. It was there he conducted his cruel and sadistic experiments on young children, all for the purposes of proving Aryan superiority through heredity. Being an integral clog in Heinrich Himmler's SS, Mengele would present himself as a grandfatherly figure to those children he would select, telling them stories and offering them sweets before he butchered them mercilessly, often whistling as he worked.

Some of his procedures include injecting chemicals into the pupils of children with heterochromatic eyes (eyes of different colors). Mengele had a fascination for twins, so he would experiment transfusing disease-tainted blood from one twin into another.

After the war, reports revealed that on one evening alone, the good doctor personally killed 14 sets of twins by injecting chloroform into their hearts. He would perform surgical experiments on pregnant women without anesthesia before sending them to the gas chambers. During one experiment, he had two twins conjoined by sewing their backs together, ultimately causing their death due to gangrene.

At the end of the war as the Allies converged on Germany, Dr. Mengele managed to escape to Argentina. Although authorities believed him dead, Mengele was living quite well through the efforts of established associates and also making money performing abortions on South American women.

He eluded the Mossad up until the day he died in February 1979 due to drowning. Friends who had visited the old doctor in South America claimed he remained unrepentant.

And why should he feel guilty? After all, he was a medical doctor. Everything he did was for the greater good of mankind. Little children died so that others could have a better life.
But as we've seen, the spirit of Mengele lives on within the soul of Planned Parenthood.

www.news-sentinel.com.../20150810/EDITORIAL/150819974/1021/HEALTH

Nazi monster Dr. Josef Mengele is known to have ordered the murder of over 400,000 Jews at Auschwitz from 1943 to 1945. Thousands more he kept alive and mercilessly tortured to death during experiments intended to create an Aryan super-race.

Much of Mengele’s “medical research” was conducted on children and newborns – especially twins. One witness described what happened after Mengele once delivered a Jewish “fetus”: “But when he saw that there was only one baby and not twins, he tore the baby right out of the mother’s uterus, threw it into an oven and walked away,” she said. “We saw this.”

Cryin’ shame. Were he alive today and working for Planned Parenthood, Mengele’s abortion could have easily yielded an extra $300 for this “intact specimen.” Sell baby’s body parts separately, and the profit margin goes up. That’s good money toward a Lamborghini.

Such a waste.

www.lifenews.com...
edit on 10-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

And what do you have in return? Your belief that what you say is true? LOL.

Nothing. That's what you have. The videos are fraudulent by the very way they were made and presented, made by known fraudsters who have been doing the same things for over a decade.

Then by your definition nature murders 50% of all children. Your definition is archaic (that means old and meaningless).

Keep on babbling about how science "proves" some point you're trying to make. Post this "science" and we can all review it together.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

PS: The word is altar.

No one "worships" science. Science simply is, it produces measurable, real-world results unlike any and every religion ever spawned.

The fact that folks like you try SO HARD to equalize your Neolithic superstitions with actual knowledge and understanding demonstrates precisely what your point of view thrives on: ignorance.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The fact that folks like you try SO HARD to equalize your Neolithic superstitions with actual knowledge and understanding demonstrates precisely what your point of view thrives on: ignorance.

I dont see any reference in that post to any Neolithic superstitions . I didnt write it between the lines either.

Where did you get that from your preconceived and ill conceived notion every thing i think and say revolves around Neolithic superstitions.

I try not to engage in obnoxious behavior by referring other poster rely on ignorance . That is poor form.

I could return to you people you like blah blah obnoxious remark but will not sink down there.

Oh point out no apostrophe in contractions also.

Ignore my points and attack things no one said good form , NOT!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

"Your belief that what you say is true".

Spoken like an expert moral relativist. This is the Creed of the relativist, that truth is fluid.

2+2 ALWAYS equals 4. Always. It doesn't matter how you feel, or what you believe otherwise. It always equals 4.

Don't like the truth, because it clashes with your lifestyle or worldview? Rather than objectively analyze truth, and change your mind, instead you change the meaning of words, dehumanize the human, you change the truth. A classic relativist, and what's sad is you don't even realize it.

The pro-death crowd have been convinced that 2+2=5. I'm here to tell ya, you've been lied to.

edit on 10-8-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

Right. You've arrived at your unique take on what life is and when human personhood begins as an atheist then?

You eschew generally accepted knowledge and scientific understanding.

ignorant, adjective: lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.

I call them as I see them. For your reference, since like many believers, you want to play the victim:

Scientific truth is fluid.

*snip*

Given the track record I will take it with a grain of salt.

Science is not "fluid." That idea is the antithesis of science. Science relies on provable repeatable evidence. You may try to equate science with whatever beliefs (Neolithic or not) that you hold that inform you that a fertilized egg, an embryo, or even a pre-viable fetus is a "human being" when that is obviously, patently and scientifically NOT TRUE.

This is the primary basis of referring to your expressed point-of-view (not YOU, I don't know "you" you don't know "me" so your attempt at subterfuge is as meaningless as the silly summary you posted above) as ignorant.

Human bodies spontaneously abort 50% of fertilized eggs before a woman even knows she's pregnant. After that, between 15 to 20% are lost during the first trimester. And even control zealots (like yourself, obviously) will say that there are "circumstances" in which abortion is acceptable, understandable, or the best of bad options.

I say here repeatedly that you people are FAR MORE SCARY than anyone who is pro-Choice. We understand that fertilized eggs, embryos, and pre-viable fetuses are NOT humans, but, you, you believe that your wisdom is great enough to allow you to discern when "murder" is appropriate and acceptable.

You control zealots have far more in common with Dr. Mengele than anyone in favor of Choice.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

500 years ago leaches were standard treatment then 1800 how barbaric to modern research shows some places it like helps crushed appendages.

And you know what? They still use leach therapy!

That role is largely in plastic and reconstructive surgery. Leeches can assist, for example, in the reattachment of severed body parts such as a finger, hand, toe, leg, ear, nose or the scalp.

Source

Leeches actually have the same blood-thinning properties in their saliva as those found in manufactured medicines like Aspirin and Coumadin, says Nick Angeles, MSN, CRNA, author of How to Succeed in Anesthesia School (And RN, PA, or Med School). In fact, blood thinners made from leeches are often used to treat patients allergic to other medication.

Recent studies have also indicated a benefit to using leeches for healing wounds following a surgery. The body can have difficulty draining blood from tissues that are reattached through surgery, explains Angeles. The blood-thinning capability of leeches is useful in the prevention of clots in cases like these.

Woah, the FDA even has "approved" leaches!

There are FDA-approved companies such as Ricarimpex SAS that manufacture and distribute leeches to medical facilities. But the use of leeches for medical purposes is still being investigated, according to Nathan Wei, MD at the Arthritis Treatment Center. He advises consulting with your primary physician if you are interested.

Source

Science isn't a religion, as faith isn't required. Faith is placing one's belief and trust in the hands of the unknown. Science only asks one study the available evidence and make logical conclusions and decisions. Just as atheism doesn't require faith.

Believing in nothing requires nothing. Unlike religious beliefs, scientists are willing to change their understanding based on new evidence. I don't see many religious people changing their faith around when a new understanding of the universe and reality becomes available.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The pro-death crowd have been convinced that 2+2=5. I'm here to tell ya, you've been lied to.

FACT Life doesn't begin at conception. There is no such thing as a magical "Life Fairy" that suddenly bestows "life" on a fertilized egg.

FACT A woman's eggs are part of her body, whether or not they're fertilized. A woman has the right to decide what happens to her eggs, whether they're fertilized or not.

FACT A fertilized egg is not a tiny person. It's a potential person.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian

"Your belief that what you say is true".

Spoken like an expert moral relativist. This is the Creed of the relativist, that truth is fluid.

2+2 ALWAYS equals 4. Always. It doesn't matter how you feel, or what you believe otherwise. It always equals 4.

Don't like the truth, because it clashes with your lifestyle or worldview? Rather than objectively analyze truth, and change your mind, instead you change the meaning of words, dehumanize the human, you change the truth. A classic relativist, and what's sad is you don't even realize it.

Did you have anything meaningful to add, or did you just want to evangelize about your mistaken ideas about me?

You haven't presented any "truth." Your "truth" doesn't make any rational or reasonable sense. Your "truth" is not supported by any scientific, medical, or biological fact.

Your "truth" is whatever you want it to be. You keep blathering on about "abortion is murder" as if you're the Spokesman for God Almighty dispensing wisdom. You're not.

The Bible itself refers to abortion in Numbers 5:11-31.

Not to mention that the god of the Bible (YHVH) commands that babies (and these are real living breathing babies, not assemblages of cells) have their heads "dashed upon the rocks" at His command. Psalms 137:9 (and sadly many other similar verses.)

The Talmud states ""if a woman travails to give birth [and it is feared she may die], one may sever the fetus from her womb and extract it, member by member, for her life takes precedence over his" (Oho. 7:6)." Link

So, no scientific basis and no religious basis. What does that leave you with?

Your own personal zealotry to control women's bodies and enforce your beliefs on others.

edit on 22Mon, 10 Aug 2015 22:28:46 -050015p102015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Another relativist. You've made up your own truth. 2+2 CAN equal 5, if you convince yourself with warped data, and BS that's continually fed to you from the "progress"ive
teat.

You're very gullible, if you've been convinced that what you listed are facts. You're in the minority, and you're basically laughed at behind your back, because of your delusion.

Reality must basically be suspended to take what you said as fact. To change my mind, I'd have to be delusional.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
a reply to: windword

Another relativist. You've made up your own truth. 2+2 CAN equal 5, if you convince yourself with warped data, and BS that's continually fed to you from the "progress"ive
teat.

You're very gullible, if you've been convinced that what you listed are facts. You're in the minority, and you're basically laughed at behind your back, because of your delusion.

Reality must basically be suspended to take what you said as fact. To change my mind, I'd have to be delusional.

Yada yada relativism, yada yada Nazism, yada yada progressivism.

You're just mumbling buzz-words.

Do you have any proof, any evidence, any facts ... to back up ANYTHING you say?

We haven't seen it so far. You want to talk about your fellow posters, and make silly, irrelevant statements to try desperately to cover up that you've got nothing but your BELIEF.

Fine. Abortion is murder? Don't get an abortion.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

LOL

Okay, so you Do believe in a a magical "Life Fairy" that bestows "life" on a fertilized egg?

You don't believe that a woman's eggs are part of her own body?

You think that a fertilized egg is a tiny person?

And you call me gullible and delusional?

Well, I guess that's what happens when anti-choicers are argued into a corner with FACTS, they start throwing around ad hominem slurs!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Since you're basically frothing at the mouth, and babbling vitriolic nonsense, I must have struck a nerve. Facts bother a relativist.

I've purposefully tied one hand behind my back, I haven't even mentioned God. If I played the God card on you, it truly would not be a fair fight.

I don't have to use my faith to bash abortion. I don't need to.

I want to control women ? Geez, you really don't get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join