It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby’s lives matter: Journalist questions abortion after PP videos

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: grandmakdw

We could have killed 1,000 of the greatest minds to ever walk the Earth because of this garbage!

Odds are....out of over 60 million abortions, we most probably have killed 1,000's of great minds, future scientists, doctors, with a high probability we've killed some Martin Luther Kings and Mother Teresa's, as well.

Sadly, the world will never know how great it's loss.

Well at least someone agrees with me.....I feel I am fighting alone with Randyvs on most of these threads!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

We could have killed 1,000 of the greatest minds to ever walk the Earth because of this garbage!

Odds are....out of over 60 million abortions, we most probably have killed 1,000's of great minds, future scientists, doctors, with a high probability we've killed some Martin Luther Kings and Mother Teresa's, as well.

Well at least someone agrees with me.....I feel I am fighting alone with Randyvs on most of these threads!

You're not alone. Millions of People's hearts are beginning to change...their minds will eventually follow.
New video out tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You're not alone.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Thank you for stating this so succinctly. It is a very polarizing subject to say the least.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Raise your hands if...........or, quote this post with a
, if you want to see ALL abortion banned in the USA!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Raise your hands if...........or, quote this post with a
, if you want to see ALL abortion banned in the USA!

Well, it's not as simple as that. Many of us who are revulsed with abortion know that the women that choose to abort will do it whether legal or not. They will find a way on the black market or resort to the old coat hanger method. I don't think anybody wants to see that happen.

Changing hearts and minds is a long and arduous task, but perhaps at some point we will all be so reviled at the thought of killing an emerging Life that the thought would not even be entertained for a second.

edit on 10-8-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Babies lives matter... but don't put the blame on PP because they're not making women get abortions. They're merely providing a service for anyone who needs it.

Would people rather abortion be outlawed again and women resort to back alley abortions?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Babies lives matter... but don't put the blame on PP because they're not making women get abortions. They're merely providing a service for anyone who needs it.

Would people rather abortion be outlawed again and women resort to back alley abortions?

No, I would like to see some effing responsibility for their actions though! Can't depend on anyone for being a responsible adult though, right?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Can you guys please do a NLBS about these PP videos?!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Then blame the women who get the abortions, not the doctor performing it. Otherwise, women dying from back alley abortions will once again be common place.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS

Hey, I think the link in your OP in busted. I would like to add a comment though.

A couple of things are left out of the Planned Parenthood dialogue. A important one, in my opinion, is birth control. Ever heard of Ovarian Cysts?

About 8% of premenopausal women develop large cysts that need treatment.1 source

Do you know how they treat this cysts? Hormone therapy using birth control pills. Ever try to buy Birth control without insurance? It's around $150 a packet, which is about a month's worth. If you go through Planned Parenthood, $100 can get you an entire years worth of birth control.

Abortions are just a small fraction of the service Planned Parenthood provides.... Just sayin.

And? the topic is the abortion part of PP..You sound like you work for PP lol
edit on 10-8-2015 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Then blame the women who get the abortions, not the doctor performing it. Otherwise, women dying from back alley abortions will once again be common place.

Buddy, I am completely against it all....I guess having kids changes your views on some things....I dunno.....Nobody is going to stop it all but let's try! Why does everything just get pushed under the rug because it may offend someone? Take responsibility....

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well the good news is PP is mostly all about helping women have safe sex and preventing unwanted pregnancies so let's all just calm down and let them do their jobs and stop with "let's defund PP" nonsense.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone has any memories of being in the womb during their 12-16th weeks. I mean, these are little humans after all, shouldn't they have self-awareness enough to have some kind of memory of being in the womb?

The entire issue is because pro-birth and pro-pregnancy people believe life begins at conception. These people believe that when random DNA from two people touches inside a woman, "God" somehow zaps her uterus and endows the multiplying cells with a conscious awareness that is characteristic of a human. If this were true, we would all have memories of being in the womb. The fact is, the brains of a fetus aren't complex or developed enough to even have thoughts or make and store memories.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Well the good news is PP is mostly all about helping women have safe sex and preventing unwanted pregnancies so let's all just calm down and let them do their jobs and stop with "let's defund PP" nonsense.

EXACTLY!

What would happen if the U.S. defunded Planned Parenthood?

It would destabilize the progress the U.S. has made toward fewer abortions and unwanted pregnancies.

In 2010, publicly funded clinics in the U.S. averted 1.7 million unwanted pregnancies, including 374,000 teenage pregnancies, according to the Guttmacher Institute. The clinics prevented 570,000 abortions and saved taxpayers $7.6 billion. Since Planned Parenthood is a major player among publicly funded clinics, a sudden defunding could take a big chunk out of these numbers, at least temporarily.

edit on 10-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: blondegiraffe
there is the case from 1962 with sherri finkbine and her thalidomide deformed fetus which she did get approved to have a therapeutic abortion and when she went public to raise awareness about thalidomide there was a public outcry and her american abortion was cancelled and she had to go to sweden where they told her the baby would not have survived anyway because it was so deformed... en.m.wikipedia.org...

and also the case of gerri santoro who died from basically a back alley abortion in 1964. before it was legal.....en.m.wikipedia.org...

i really can't say that the baby's lives are monumentally more important than the mother's. and those and many other cases like them are the reason why i am pro-choice. because women DO have the choice to abort whether it's legal or not. they can take a hanger and do it if they are really desperate or take other measures that will endanger their lives too.

This is not about a matter of whether an abortion is legal or not.This is a matter of the method used that the perps are saying was performed being illegal , and what happens to the fetus afterwards which is illegal in most states.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
www.thedailybeast.com...

Link to article

edit on 10-8-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

www.thedailybeast.com...
edit on 10-8-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I wonder if anyone has any memories of being in the womb during their 12-16th weeks. I mean, these are little humans after all, shouldn't they have self-awareness enough to have some kind of memory of being in the womb?

The entire issue is because pro-birth and pro-pregnancy people believe life begins at conception. These people believe that when random DNA from two people touches inside a woman, "God" somehow zaps her uterus and endows the multiplying cells with a conscious awareness that is characteristic of a human. If this were true, we would all have memories of being in the womb. The fact is, the brains of a fetus aren't complex or developed enough to even have thoughts or make and store memories.

Umm, sorry you are wrong.

There have been tons of studies that show that a baby recognizes it's mothers voice at birth. The baby remembers the sound of it's mother's voice, and the voice of people who are with the mother daily (father etc.)

Even regular sounds heard in utero are remembered by the newborn.
My own daughter could be soothed by the sound of a typewriter.
I worked while pregnant as an editor for psychology textbooks and
spent a great deal of my day typing. (yes I'm that old, actually using
a typewriter). Anyway, if my daughter was fussy, just typing on the
typewriter would soothe her.

There have been lots and lots of studies that show that babies
remember sounds heard in utero.

So yes, babies do remember what happened in utero. The science
is definitive on that one.

If you are talking about hard wired and lasting memories,
most people don't get those until after the
huge growth spurt of neurons during the early years,
which get pruned.
Sometime between the 3rd-6th years
long term memories begin to form.
However, if a child is exposed over and over to the same thing
they will form a sort of long term memory
(they know not to touch a hot stove)
and can remember what happened yesterday
and people they see on a regular basis
and routines they follow (which is why routine is so important)
and anything that caused them
to feel strong emotions.
Strong emotions can imprint long term memories before age 3.

"young children’s earliest memories tend to change over time,
being replaced with “newer” earliest memories until around age 10.
As this happens, memories occurring in the preschool years tend to be lost.
“As young children get older their first memories
tend to get later and later, but around age 10 their memories crystallize,”
www.webmd.com...

So it is not until between 6-10 that real long term memories
actually form in most children.

With that rationale, memory, specifically long term memory,
abortion should be legal until age 6-10,
because before that
children do not remember
most of what happened to them,
unless they are reminded very often and very regularly.
Much like the fetus who hears it's mothers voice often and
regularly, and the voice of others who talk to the mother
often and regularly. And sounds like the typewriter that
the fetus hears regularly and repetitively while in utero
that my daughter remembered after birth.

edit on 6Mon, 10 Aug 2015 18:21:16 -0500pm81008pmk101 by grandmakdw because: addition format spelling

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If some of you are so hyper to force a woman to give birth then why not have some penalties for having sex that results in a child. I've heard guys saying birth control is a woman's problem.

Why not force the guy to marry her. They have to stay together for 18 years and raise the child without possibility of divorce. If they do domestic violence they go to prison for the balance of the 18 years. If either was married at the time they go to prison for 18 years. Child resulting from rape, incest, etc would mean 18 years of prison.

There you go, all wrapped up with a shiny bow.

You could make a slogan, keep it in your pants or 18 years of Marriage or Prison. There could be a railroad tunnel with a bright light as a graphic.

You would need a national database of everyone's DNA to track down any absent/unknown partners. You would have to submit to a pin prick to buy or sell anything, work or receive benefits to force you into the database.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I prefer to listen to the scientists and doctors that do studies on fetal development:

A fetus' brain only starts to emit electrical signals at 12 weeks, and the EGGs recorded are comparable to that of a sea slug according to the eminent neuroscience researcher Micheal Gazzaniga in his book, "The ethical brain". A fetus only develops its cerebral cortex, the part of the brain which regulates thought and consciousness at 24 weeks, well after the limit for abortions. Before 24 weeks, its brain only emits electrical signals, not brain waves which indicate thought.

The other question often asked is whether a fetus can feel pain. Till date, there has been no definite consensus but in 2010, the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists said in a scientific report, Fetal Awareness - Review of Research and Recommendations for Practice, that "Current research shows that the sensory structures are not developed or specialized enough to respond to pain in a fetus of less than 24 weeks", pg. 22. Simply put, a fetus before 24 weeks lacks the physical capacity to feel pain and that is the current generally- accepted scientific hypothesis.

Source

I'm not saying "everyone have abortion!" I'm not even saying it's the right choice. My stance is that it should be a choice. I'd like to think it's not the right choice, but it's not mine to make. To force a mother to bring an unwanted child into this world shouldn't be up to someone else.

We already are suffering badly of the effects of so many unwanted children. Neglect, abuse and poverty all lead to a rise in crime and a darker world.

So if we're going to force women to give birth, then we sure as hell better have a good system for what to do with those babies being born. As it stands right now with abortion being legal -- we're doing a pretty miserable job with the babies that are being born.
edit on 10-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join