It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart Staffers Accuse Site of Taking Cash for Positive Trump Coverage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am not a Trump supporter, but I have a scary feeling he will get the nomination, possibly the presidency? Why? Because he knows exactly how the demagoguery game is played, and he is fearless in answering accusations / questions.

Do I like the man? Personally no, but I've been a Ron Paul and now Rand Paul supporter so draw your own conclusions.

I think Trump V Hillary would lead to entertainment that could be passed onto future generations to demonstrate the ludicrous place that US politics and the whole bread and circus ended up immediately prior to the collapse.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

As I've said before, on the issue of Trump supporters, I believe it's best to simply be thankful that you now know to completely disregard anything they have to say in the future because they're not worth taking seriously.

Like goes to like. Trolls support other trols

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

So who are the staffers and would they have access to information on this level.......Personally I think it is a setup in the other direction and this story will fade away.

Anyone can say anything and the people looking to push ideologies or agendas eat it up and regurgitate it over and and over again like an Obsessive compulsive bulimic.
edit on 10-8-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Well, there was the case of Shirley Sherrod, in which Breitbart released a slickly edited video to show her as being racist and she was subsequently fired from the USDA. Come to find out the video did not show proper context and was fired because of his propaganda.

He was also caught using a Nazi propaganda cartoon a few times. Touched-up to serve his purpose, though.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Breitbart is a business, targeted to a particular mindset of pissed off conservationism just like Rush or any of the AM radio crowd.

If I was to produce a show that's who I would target as well; not from an political motivation but from an economic one.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

As I've said before, on the issue of Trump supporters, I believe it's best to simply be thankful that you now know to completely disregard anything they have to say in the future because they're not worth taking seriously.

Like goes to like. Trolls support other trols

The same goes for people refusing to except Donald is leading the polls.

They are not worth taking serious in the future.

That is the lamest thing I've read this election cycle.

Wow...How can you deny what is in front of your face ?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Breitbart is a business, targeted to a particular mindset of pissed off conservationism just like Rush or any of the AM radio crowd.

If I was to produce a show that's who I would target as well; not from an political motivation but from an economic one.

It's a rag. It has no credibility.

Unless, it fits your particular narrative.

I expect a much more fair of a comment from you.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Fair enough, similar situation to NBC editing the Zimmerman 911 calls back when that whole thing happened.

Glad we have ATS to try and source through all the BS and find some truths or at least perspective from other sides.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

I am not a Trump supporter, but I have a scary feeling he will get the nomination, possibly the presidency? Why? Because he knows exactly how the demagoguery game is played, and he is fearless in answering accusations / questions.

Unlikely. While he leads the Republican polling, he is DEAD last in the national polls. Democratic candidates beat him out hands down every time.

Do I like the man? Personally no, but I've been a Ron Paul and now Rand Paul supporter so draw your own conclusions.

I liked Ron too, but Rand isn't Ron.

I think Trump V Hillary would lead to entertainment that could be passed onto future generations to demonstrate the ludicrous place that US politics and the whole bread and circus ended up immediately prior to the collapse.

This wouldn't be the first time that the American public elected a President based off of name recognition alone. Reagan comes to mind or all the Presidents who got elected throughout the years JUST because they were war heroes.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: olaru12

It's a rag. It has no credibility.

Unless, it fits your particular narrative.

I expect a much more fair of a comment from you.

What difference does it make. I have abandoned American politics as anything other than an amusing diversion. It's still fun to watch those that take it seriously and agonize over something they have no control over.
imo there are forces that don't seek notoriety but still control the narrative and ultimate decisions about everything.....
We are but mere pawns in their game. Not people, not human, just taxpayers.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: interupt42

Is Trump really the first to have done this as a candidate?

What do you think?

MSM trying to get to you homey....

It was a rhetorical question, Ofcourse not.

My point was that the real story hidden between the lines is: how the establishment is going to war with the Donald.

I have said it before, I don't think the Donald would be a good president but I do like him running as he appears to be pissing of the establishment [MSM,DNC,GOP] .

I think him running will hopefully open the eyes of his followers on how the establishment [MSM,DNC,GOP] will spin the story to fit their goals. Ron Paul followers saw this first hand I think Trump followers are seeing it now and likely the same will occur to Bernie Sanders.

IMO the more people realize that the DNC,GOP,and the MSM are one in the same , the faster we can get to fixing the real issue: Our congress, DNC, GOP, and MSM are all controlled by the Oligopolies.

edit on 37831America/ChicagoMon, 10 Aug 2015 14:37:41 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The more they tell us to hate him....LOVE HIM!!!

They don't want to see him in office, NOT A CHANCE!!

I like him more each day by not giving a crap about what he says or to who.....Could be a very JFK like presidency though...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

This will get Breitbart a whole lot of extra hits now.

Could be part of the plan.

Can't wait for the new articles !!

Scrumptious indeed.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

$50 *and* a free t-shirt?! Woah!

Do people that get paid for these things have to sign NDA's? You never hear someone stepping forward saying, "I was a paid protester/supporter".

It's things like this that really make me ask a lot of questions -- more than probably most of my friends. My friends just nod their heads as they watch TV, absorbing the information without questioning why it's being fed to them.

Our realities are based off our perception. Our perceptions themselves are being toyed with and manipulated by those that control the media. The people that control the flow of information control how and what the people think.

To be fair, you also have to look at it from a different perspective. How many people readily admit they're attracted to kids, use illegal drugs, cheat on their tax forms, beat their spouses or kids, or anything else that's "taboo" or "frowned upon"? Most people won't even admit they're wrong even when confronted with proof.

Plus, think about the mindset for a second. Someone offers you money to do something "shady" or disreputable. You go along with it for money. But you also know there are consequences if you get caught or if you betray the other people involved. So if they're willing to pay you to cheat, how much are they willing to pay someone else to silence you if they want to? Intimidation and greed are a powerful combination.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Actors were paid $50 to wear t-shirts, carry signs and cheer at Trump's announcement, so I don't see why he wouldn't continue the practice. He'd fit seamlessly into the current political landscape we have going. Money can buy just about anything... And he's got a lot of it.

Well the thing is......

ALL of our Politicians have done this. Weather it is future favors or cash- media has been just as bought and sold as our Politicians are. How is this even news at this point? Didn't the Bush AND Obama Administrations pretty much tell reporters at one time if they reported things unfavorably towards the Administrations they would be kicked out of the White House Press Box or something to that extent?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join