It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A spiritual perspective on abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have been reading through many of the threads on abortion and planned parenthood lately, and to be honest I see both sides of the argument. As someone who is spiritual(not religious at all) I am curious as to what a medium or channel would have to say about the abortion issue. What I found was what seems to me to be the most inclusive of all the viewpoints that I have been reading lately.

Erik: But usually abortions are to teach the mom about how important it is to cherish life, like maybe in a past life they didn’t really take it seriously. Maybe they took their own life; maybe they let someone die by not watching out over them, um, or taking care of them. Maybe they out and out killed someone before and didn’t feel the remorse they should have felt. So, when they have to take the life of their own child, it’s sometimes a helluva hard lesson.

link

The soul of an unborn child does not claim the body and expect to be born until the six month mark.

Until then, the fetus is simply a growth inside the mother. The soul is not completely latched into the body until the baby’s first breath.

While the soul of the fetus does come and go interacting with both the fetus and mother, it is not detrimentally affected by the act of abortion. You might say abortion simply changes the soul’s plans.

link

In cases of abortion, I have had several children come through to explain some of the above situations and tell me that THEY couldn’t vacate the pregnancy so they communicated to their mothers to terminate the pregnancy INSTEAD of coming into a situation that wasn’t ideal for their life plans.

I have had children who were initially miscarried or aborted, come back around into the same family through siblings, cousins and adoption. A majority of the time, it was when the time was better. I’ve seen children who were “lost” come through as step children years later.

link

No matter what your view is on the subject there will never be consensus without the approach that every person has their own lessons to learn in life. If you are conservative with a Christian background, maybe you should heed Jesus's advice of not judging others and just concentrate on being the best person you can be. If you are not religious and you are pro choice, maybe you should be more outspoken on abortion being as ethical and professional as possible, the bar can always be raised higher as planned parenthood has shown us lately. Just remember there is a good chance that there is a whole heck of a lot more going on behind the scenes of this life drama then what we can possibly know, what do you think ATS?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think it goes well beyond religion, or pro-anti choice. This is about freedom. A freedom that was upheld by the Supreme Court many years ago.

We need to be more willing to allow people to be free, even if they use that freedom in a way we don't like.
edit on 10-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Thanks for the input, freedom is subjective, the supreme court is highly subjective(citizens united), so what are we left with?
It hasn't quelled the constant infighting, that's why I brought in another angle for discussion.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975 I fully believe in reincarnation and all that you posted rings true to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I think it goes well beyond religion, or pro-anti choice. This is about freedom. A freedom that was upheld by the Supreme Court many years ago.

We need to be more willing to allow people to be free, even if they use that freedom in a way we don't like.

The argument starts where the fetus deserves the freedom to live.
And as you say, people can't point to the Supreme courts decision on one topic and ignore their decisions on others.

But on topic..
I'm an atheist /agnostic and don't believe in a soul or spirit so I bow out of this thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

That is exactly the kind of advice I would expect when asking a demons advice.

Thanks, but I will ignore the "spirits" wisdom and stick with not killing the unborn.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
If you are not religious and you are pro choice, maybe you should be more outspoken on abortion being as ethical and professional as possible

I think it goes without saying that those who are pro-choice would want abortions to be as ethical and professional as possible. Just as we would want ANY medical surgery to be ethical and professional.

IF (and that's a huge 'if') Planned Parenthood is found to be doing something unethical or illegal, OF COURSE the individuals behind any illegal behavior should be prosecuted. Period. But the organization shouldn't be defunded or prosecuted because of the behavior of a few individuals.

When my sister's son was about 2-3, he caught her crying (about an abortion she had had years earlier) and he asked why. She explained to him that she once had a baby in her tummy and wasn't able to take care of it, so she had an abortion and sometimes she got sad about it. Her son then replied, "Mommy! Don't cry! That was me! I came back." True story.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

OK, "demons"???

That video is a HUGE lie! Snopes

neither Pepsi nor any other U.S. food company is actually manufacturing or selling any consumable products "that are actually made using the cell tissue of unborn babies that were murdered through abortion."

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've said it before, I'll say it a million times.

I have a son. I chose not to abort him. I am pro choice.

I don't have to live with anyone's choices or guilt but my own, and I feel that I do not have a right to tell any other woman that she shouldn't have bodily autonomy because of my own morals. I won't argue or debate my opinion with anyone.

-Alee.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Well that escalated quickly!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

When my sister's son was about 2-3, he caught her crying (about an abortion she had had years earlier) and he asked why. She explained to him that she once had a baby in her tummy and wasn't able to take care of it, so she had an abortion and sometimes she got sad about it. Her son then replied, "Mommy! Don't cry! That was me! I came back." True story.

Cool story. I've read other similar stories. It does make one wonder, doesn't it? I maintain that being an atheist does not preclude one from spirituality. Of course, that is subjective, depending on how one defines spirituality.

On topic: My biggest problem with abortion is the tendency to use it as a means of birth control. Responsibility should be taught by parents to their children, so the average girl doesn't have to go through an abortion, which could damage her insides. I've seen the procedure performed, and I've often thought it should be seen(and explained) by every teen and adult. They'd think twice after that about an unplanned pregnancy. But that isn't going to happen, because many parents idea of protecting their children is to keep them ignorant. I'm sure I'll get blasted for that view.
edit on 8/10/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I think it goes without saying that those who are pro-choice would want abortions to be as ethical and professional as possible.

I have got the feeling from all the planned parenthood threads lately that if pro choice posters were to concede that planned parenthood is not doing things right, that it would take away from their position.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I have got the feeling from all the planned parenthood threads lately that if pro choice posters were to concede that planned parenthood is not doing things right, that it would take away from their position.

How did you "get that feeling"? I have seen several pro-choice posters actually say that if something was wrong, it should be dealt with.

But as I said, it goes without saying. It doesn't need to be said that if a medical organization is operating outside the law, something should be done about it. Just because someone doesn't say that, it doesn't mean they think it will "take away" from their position.

Just because someone supports FREEDOM OF CHOICE that doesn't mean they like abortion, would have an abortion or think abortion should be used as common birth control. I'm actually anti-abortion. Most pro-choice people are. I don't know of ANYONE who thinks it's cool.
edit on 8/10/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Thanks for the input, freedom is subjective, the supreme court is highly subjective(citizens united), so what are we left with?
It hasn't quelled the constant infighting, that's why I brought in another angle for discussion.

You are completely correct that it is subjective. The Supreme Court has made some bad decisions in their past, but I believe they made the right decision about abortion.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The soul of an unborn child does not claim the body and expect to be born until the six month mark

Uh huh......Gosh...They just move on their own at 20 weeks inside the womb with no soul.....They are on auto-pilot that's right....URGHHHHHHHHHHHH

ETA: So please explain to me how a baby grows without a soul.....The hand of God? If so, do you even believe in God? If not, please feel free to elaborate on this one....
edit on 8/10/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Ever seen a frog leg getting zapped?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Ever seen a frog leg getting zapped?

Oh, so now frogs are humans? Oh boy.......

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Those are some very interesting takes on abortion. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Those are some very interesting takes on abortion. Thanks for the thread.

No actually they are completely retarded.....Like our "spiritual" self has ANY clue to this riddle.....Or the timeframe of a soul...ALIVE is ALIVE....and yes this means the human that is ALIVE has a soul....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join