It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have proof that life can form in outer space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

www.cnet.com...

The orbiting laboratory has been hosting the station's "Veg-01" experiments in growing vegetables in space since May 2014, when the first seeds were activated in the miniature greenhouse known as Veggie. These plants were watered, grown and matured over a period of 33 days aboard the ISS, and sent back to Earth for food safety testing.

This is irrefutable proof of extraterrestrial activity.

This means that any biological material in the right conditions, floating in extraterrestrial space, can form life.

Oh, everybody already knew that. Well if that's true, and the universe is the size that it is, why is it even a question?

Wait, I know, because the seeds originally came from earth..

edit on 8/10/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Attack of the space lettuce , and i thought it would be little green men , or grey . What interests me is how they kept it watered .
edit on 10-8-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

This means that any biological material in the right conditions, floating in extraterrestrial space, can form life.

It's proof you can grow vegetables on a space station , I don't think it's proof of anything other than that.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

These plants were watered, grown and matured over a period of 33 days aboard the ISS, and sent back to Earth for food safety testing.

The vegetables are surviving in the space station much like the astronauts do. Its great what they are doing but its only proof that they are able to grow vegetables in a controlled environment in zero gravity.

edit on 10-8-2015 by fatpastyhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Gortex is right, its proof you can grow vegetables in the space station

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

33 days to grow. Must be some good dirt in space.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Having been on ATS for over a year, i am fully aware not to expect any proof whatsoever when someone says they have proof.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

No, this means that seeds taken up to a space station and watered by astronauts in a CO2 rich environment and given adequate rays from a nearby sun can actually grow.

Anything else is just pure idiocy!
edit on -05:0004America/Chicago2015859xRAmerica/Chicagob by PheonixReborn because: (no reason given)

edit on -05:0005America/Chicago2015800xRAmerica/Chicagob by PheonixReborn because: Typo

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
And by the way, YOU dont have proof of anything. NASA has proof. They went up to space, did the experiments. All you did is read about it..

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I would like to see a seed, take your pick, stuck to the outside of the ISS, and have a camera mounted to watch it grow, no soil, no water, no atmosphere, hard radiation, unfiltered sun, I don't rate that seed's chances.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
NASA hype. The Russians were growing food crops aboard Salyut space stations forty years ago.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Lol, the only way they could grow space lettuce is by mimicking earth conditions, water, carbon dioxide and oxygen, the correct light spectrum etc. I don't think the space lettuce would like it very much floating around in the void in a little compost post.

Gardens in the sky! Cool! Space cannabis is what we need. I think it would sell like hot cakes in California.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Hello Jim, was there ever a resolution to the Russian claims of finding 'plankton' and/or microbial life on the hull of the ISS? You'll recall the claim has been made at least twice and then evaporates.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Outside the ISS things are pretty extreme:

"Without thermal controls, the temperature of the orbiting Space Station's Sun-facing side would soar to 250 degrees F (121 C), while thermometers on the dark side would plunge to minus 250 degrees F (-157 C)."

To grow one needs moisture, heat, limited oxygen and of course spores. Algae can grow on metal roofs. Yet where would it get its oxygen in Space? Can algae survive 121c heat and -157c cold?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

www.cnet.com...

The orbiting laboratory has been hosting the station's "Veg-01" experiments in growing vegetables in space since May 2014, when the first seeds were activated in the miniature greenhouse known as Veggie. These plants were watered, grown and matured over a period of 33 days aboard the ISS, and sent back to Earth for food safety testing.

Uh, not even close. The only thing this is irrefutable proof of, is that vegetables can be grown aboard the ISS.

And just how do you reach that conclusion?

link   

...did you even read your own link, dude?

link   
This thread is nothing more than click bait. ..

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So there's proof you can grow in an artificial environment. Would a baby born in space be an alien or extra terrestrial?

]originally posted by: r0xor

www.cnet.com...

Oh, everybody already knew that. Well if that's true, and the universe is the size that it is, why is it even a question?

Wait, I know, because the seeds originally came from earth..

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Having been on ATS for over a year, i am fully aware not to expect any proof whatsoever when someone says they have proof.

Try a lot longer than that....Then you will see why we give sarcastic answers to everything! PROOF....NOPE....Wait, nope....We can grow stuff in a controlled environment in zero gravity...Congrats on finding NOTHING!!!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! Again...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Try a lot longer than that....Then you will see why we give sarcastic answers to everything! PROOF....NOPE....Wait, nope....We can grow stuff in a controlled environment in zero gravity...Congrats on finding NOTHING!!!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! Again...

To be fair, ive been coming here for over 4 years, just never registered to comment. But yeah...i find it very hard to tone down my sarcastic comments when faced with idiotic posts

top topics

<<   2 >>

join