It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump the embodiment of a "Hail Mary pass"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Trump is easiest to explain by using blind political ideology. How long ago was Trump parroting the birther NLBS? The GOP has shifted so far to the right, with no balance and a our way or the highway mentality, that somehow Trump makes since. Like all right wing ideology if they can't get there way threw the democratic process they approve of shutting the government down, even though that tactic failed, it plays to the base (the extreme right wing of the party). The same folks that approved of not cooperating with Obama even if it hurts the country are the biggest supporters of Trump.

Are people blinded by ideology or do you really think some one who has done so well for himself in this current form of America is really interested in making America great again?

This is just a marketing campaign for Trump, for every dollar he spends on his campaign he is getting $10 or even a $100 return in press.

Normally until Palin the GOP was good at vetting its candidates, so can some one explain to me how some one who funded the democrats, appeared to hold left or liberal leanings, is now the GOP front runner? Unless its a clear case of blind political ideology????

Do tell what miracles the government has created since the republicans won back both the House and Senate? Do show me the unicorn riding hero riding up to the mythical shining city on the hill legislation this newly elected group has achieved??? Oh they sure did pass the TTP!!!

Do tell what would happen when the anti educational, anti science, anti government in all forms, is then left to pick a national leader for themselves and the rest of the country????

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Trump is easiest to explain by using blind political ideology. How long ago was Trump parroting the birther NLBS? The GOP has shifted so far to the right, with no balance and a our way or the highway mentality, that somehow Trump makes since. Like all right wing ideology if they can't get there way threw the democratic process they approve of shutting the government down, even though that tactic failed, it plays to the base (the extreme right wing of the party). The same folks that approved of not cooperating with Obama even if it hurts the country are the biggest supporters of Trump.

This x1000!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I don't mean this in a bad way because I don't care. Politicians are just that. They usually don't actually have a political belief other than the one they are campaigning. They go to school to do a job. That's good because they are well trained.

Donald Trump is no politician. He is surrounded by them, they will work for him. Since he has no ties to the politics but just wants to make our country great, I'm sure he will be able to delegate the necessary tasks to those trained to do the job.

I think he would take a great approach to leading because he wont have politics to hold him down.

a reply to: mikethedevil

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I think he would take a great approach to leading because he wont have politics to hold him down.

This is a load of nonsense. Trump would STILL have to work within the system to change things, and that means working with and appealing to other politicians to get what he wants. Most call that politics. That is unless you are advocating that Trump just usurp control of the country to himself or something.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikethedevil

Donald Trump is no politician. He is surrounded by them, they will work for him. Since he has no ties to the politics but just wants to make our country great, I'm sure he will be able to delegate the necessary tasks to those trained to do the job.

He admitted at the debate he has paid off politicians and has used current bankruptcy law to increase his wealth. No ties to politics? He has used the current rigged system to his advantage and you think he will change anything? why would he what is his motivation?

Trump wants to win the presidency so he can undo all the laws that have benefited him so much?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
double post

edit on 10-8-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It sounds like you think if Trump gets elected then everyone simply works for him.

He says "make this happen" and assigns a few "politicians" to the job.

it doesn't work like that

Trump is on Team Clinton so it's all a moot point really.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Is Donald Trump the embodiment of a "Hail Mary pass"?

From my, an outsider looking in (on US of A), point of view - No, he's more of a "fumble"............
Also, I don't believe Trump's a Hillary "Plant", I think it's more likely he's a GOP "plant", there to stir up things, so Jeb Bush can, in the final hour, sweep in and "save" the US.................

edit on 8102015 by BobbyRock because: felt like it..............

edit on 8102015 by BobbyRock because: spelling

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Its more like this. Trump not being a politician only has to appeal to the American public. Any action that Trump sets into place will have to be approved. He has no party to follow. Anyone who tried to block him he could easily call out in the media and have citizens bomb the phone lines demanding they change their stance. Hmmm?

a reply to: 200Plus

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Trump a Dem plant, Sanders a GOP plant.....a greedy businessman or a communist-lite. Nice choices, there.

I would bet it's still going to be Clinton Vs Bush when this early circus is over.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
ISSUE 1: Trump is easiest to explain by using blind political ideology.

ISSUE 2: Like all right wing ideology if they can't get there way threw the democratic process they approve of shutting the government down, even though that tactic failed, it plays to the base (the extreme right wing of the party).

ISSUE 3: The same folks that approved of not cooperating with Obama even if it hurts the country are the biggest supporters of Trump.

ISSUE 4: Are people blinded by ideology or do you really think some one who has done so well for himself in this current form of America is really interested in making America great again?

ISSUE 5: This is just a marketing campaign for Trump, for every dollar he spends on his campaign he is getting $10 or even a $100 return in press.

ISSUE 6: Do tell what miracles the government has created since the republicans won back both the House and Senate?

ISSUE 7: Do tell what would happen when the anti educational, anti science, anti government in all forms, is then left to pick a national leader for themselves and the rest of the country????

I broke down your post into 7 points to make it easier to reply to (hope you don't mind).

ISSUE 1: Absolutely correct!

ISSUE 2: I'm not sure that this is a right wing/republican issue. The sitting President has indicated that he, "has a pen and a phone" and isn't shy of circumventing congress on any/all issues if he doesn't get his way. Further, the "gay marriage" issue is typically supported by the left. Even in left-leaning California, every time the issue came up it was voted down by "the people." So.... they went to the courts. (Nothing illegal there, just showing that neither Democrats nor Republicans care much for democratic process).

ISSUE 3: I find this statement to be a bit of a mixed-bag. The question to me is why (beyond typical party-line politics) people are "not cooperating" with President Obama...? On it's merits, for example, I was able to see that the Affordable Healthcare Act was not going to pan out the way it was sold. Further, this so-called "deal" with Iran is a complete joke. I can't stand the Republican establishment in the same way I can't stand the Democrats, but it has nothing to do with political parties. It's the policies that suck.

ISSUE 4: Not arguing with you here. I have no reason to think that Trump is being altruistic in his run for the Presidency. Is it POSSIBLE that he can find a way to benefit himself while benefiting the nation as a whole....? I suppose it's POSSIBLE. But this issue in general, to me, is a joke. Am I to believe that any of the candidates are serving "the people's" interests? On the Democratic side the front-runner is Hillary Clinton. Seriously, Hillary Clinton. Quite possible the single most in-your-face-corrupt person to ever seek office. Benghazi and the e-mail servers and facilitating the Russian purchase of American uranium mines while using a Canadian company as a proxy while serving as Secretary. The list goes on and on, but my point is.... does anyone really, truly believe that ANY of the candidates (right or left) are out to help "the people"...?

ISSUE 5: Agreed. Not sure where those figures come from, but I believe (cant prove but believe) that Trump has made a calculation and understands there is money to be made by running for President. Then again, same goes for the rest of the candidates (right and left). There will be books to be sold and potential TV/Radio gigs. Tons of money to be made just by running and getting some name recognition out there.

ISSUE 6: If you are going to go down that road, then please, do tell what miracles were performed during President Obama's first two years in office when the White House and BOTH branches were all controlled by the Democrats...?

ISSUE 7: This is simply left-wing bomb-throwing, as best I can tell.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If you honestly believe that then there really is no help for you.

Good luck all the same.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Here's the problem - What IS Trump's message? All I've gotten so far is bluster without much substance.

I can forgive a lot if there is substance to back it. If the man were a modern day Winston Churchill or George Patton, he could say whatever he wants. They did. But I don't see any indications of that kind of leadership brilliance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join