It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Flyover country, America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hello everyone.

Looks like I started posting before finding my way here. Pleased to meet you. I live in Kansas City, Missouri and have a job in a local biopharmaceutical company. I'm a Biologist/Microbiologist by schooling with a strong emphasis in math and engineering.

I work in Quality Control and lately my job has pushed me into the regulatory and bioinformatics realm. A major part of my job is to make sure we are sending quality product out that meets or exceeds the specifications the government and company has put in place, as well a making sure our documentation is inspection-ready and our computerized systems are sending the right samples to the right labs.

Politics-wise I'm an originalist american conservative (what some call classical liberal). I really didn't get interested in politics until after 9/11 and the 2004 Presidential election was where I really started paying attention. Before then, I pretty much just ignored it all and voted for a candidate based on the letter after their name, like a good little drone.

I have strong opinions and won't be afraid to share them. I don't agree with the cultural shifts happening in America which are influenced by anonymous social media posters and non-critical thinkers who listen to social progressive politicians, celebrities and comedians. Political correctness and accusations hate speech are constricting our freedom of expression, and the latest buzz words of 'diversity', 'micros aggression' and 'micro inequities' are worming their way into academia as well as corporate culture making it difficult to have open conversations without giving some person with a chip on their shoulder a reason to go to human resources and legal departments. I may express them here because talking about them elsewhere can have profound impacts on my job. This is wrong. We should be able to speak openly about things we disagree with instead of be intimidated by fascistic social agendas.

Any questions on the animal industry and vaccines, I'll answer as best I can. I'm more of an animal-side guy but the basic concepts apply to humans too, the big difference is in the regulations and registration claims.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Nice… welcome.
Don't feed the animals… they bite.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ya. Nice to see you here.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'm not that big a fan of political correctness myself. Other issues we may disagree on, but that's okay - I can usually see both sides.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS.
I got lost in Kansas City on my way to Oklahoma once. For some reason I thought I was in Kansas. In my defense, I was driving for 18 hours straight at that point. I was exhausted. It looked like a nice place from what I could see. Then again, it was night and I couldn't see much.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
n

ice to meet you, enjoy your stay!

new topics

top topics

join