It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Teflon Donald"...In Spite of it all, Trump is still leading the Latest Polls

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
What freaking Orwellian world do I live in where people, not puppies or monkey's, but real live thinking (use the term loosely) people consider Trump an alternative to the mainstream.

How did we devolve so dramatically as a species?

....."Here's your sign"

Trump, Ees got electralytes! GitRdun!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The latest poll shows the anger at the Republican establishment. In the top 3 you have Trump and Carson who aren't politicians and Cruz who is the only one who has attempted to take a stand against Obama and the dems on anything. People voted Republicans into the house and senate in 2014 but what have they done since then? Let Obama give amnesty to illegals without a fight and rubber stamp him negotiating the TPP trade deal. Not what the voters were hoping for when they elected them i think.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
What freaking Orwellian world do I live in where people, not puppies or monkey's, but real live thinking (use the term loosely) people consider Trump an alternative to the mainstream.

How did we devolve so dramatically as a species?

....."Here's your sign"

Trump, Ees got electralytes! GitRdun!

exactly what i was thinking!! we have devolved into that idiocracy movie, trump is running the circus!!!! surreal!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
He is arrogant, obniouxus , rude, unethical, has a superiority complex , is a master manipulator and is a arse.

He is me with a few billion more in his bank ( and I have better hair)

It's why I can't stand him, I would never vote for me.

It sometimes takes a arse hole to spot a arse hole.
edit on 10-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
He is arrogant, obniouxus , rude, unethical, has a superiority complex , is a master manipulator and is a arse.

He is me with a few billion more in his bank ( and I have better hair)

It's why I can't stand him, I would never vote for me.

It sometimes takes a arse hole to spot a arse hole.

And I blame politicians they have done such a poor job that qualities that would normally be revolting became great. Trump is about the furthest thing from a politician you can get. That's the appeal anything but another politician.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The problem is that you're assuming people are rational. Everything Trump is saying is what half the country truly believes. That you can't rape your wife, that the Mexicans are all illegal criminals, that bankruptcy laws should be abused to become wealthy. The ordinary American believes all of this, as well as the rest of the stuff he says.

It's insane, it's crazy, it's sad, and it's depressing but that's what American's are like.

Trump is telling people exactly what they already believe the system is like, and somehow he's a credible source to relay this information.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The problem is that you're assuming people are rational. Everything Trump is saying is what half the country truly believes. That you can't rape your wife, that the Mexicans are all illegal criminals, that bankruptcy laws should be abused to become wealthy. The ordinary American believes all of this, as well as the rest of the stuff he says.

It's insane, it's crazy, it's sad, and it's depressing but that's what American's are like.

Trump is telling people exactly what they already believe the system is like, and somehow he's a credible source to relay this information.

And it's exactly what I would do to gain power.

He just doing a larger version of star baiting

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

None of his supporters actually intend to vote for him though. They're watching him for entertainment, because he's crazy and will troll the election.

No one actually wants this guy as president, they just want the election season to be less boring.

That's the real crime in all this, we're turning elections into a reality tv series.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Agreed, we can't put somebody who is beholden to corporations in office.

Trump might not of been my first pick to take down the den of thieves.

But, he stepped up. I give him credit. Sure, some is Trumps ego.

Why is it so hard to believe Trump wants to make America Great Again.

Are you serious? Trump IS the Establishment. He IS the corporations. That he is leading the polls is another glaring indicator of how out of touch the right has truly become. If Trump gets the Republican ticket, you might as well just hand the election over to Clinton, Sanders, or whoever the hell the the left throws up there.

Donald Trump is a walking talking advertisement for everything wrong with this country.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBRiddle
he's an American and wants to "Make America Great Again!". Our country has been going down the drain for the last 40 years, we did slow our fall during President Reagan's Term in office but is wasn't enough to reverse out course.

I love statements like this.

Can you tell me how he wants to make "America great again!"?
And can you list the ways America has gone "down the drain" in the last 40 years? You know, things that actually have affected your quality of life?

People like to throw around statements like these, but the list of things they claim are wrong with their country usually have nothing to do with them, it's usually more a constant and droning whine that they don't get to tell other people what to do and how to live.

The only thing that I can see that's actually gotten worse for America in the last 40 years is the corporate influence in politics. But then, who do we have to thank for that? No Republican could possible be responsible for their rich buddies being given certain influences in Washington, right? Surely it's all those commie Democrats that were responsible for giving the banks and corporations so much power...?

Other than that, what else is so terrible about your country and the way you live?

These threads remind me so much of my late Aunt Maud, she used to spend hours ranting about how terrible society was and how things weren't like they were when she was a youngun' (so young that she had no interest in politics, couldn't point to Russia on a globe, and didn't know the difference between an MP and a Lord). And whenever a family member took her to task over what she imagined was so terrible about our current society, she'd fall back to old bigotries and vaguely argue about race and the LGBT movement, the decline of the "sanctity of marriage" and the lack of interest in Catholicism.

As far as I can see, even with all our problems, people have it much better now than ever.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You should simplify all that down to "let them eat cake" as simple slogans seem to be all the idiot underclasses who dare complain are able to understand.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

My prediction is that Trump is setting up a run as a interdependent in the main race. This shows just what a dysfunctional wreck the GOP has become over the years. The party of Eisenhower , Nixon , Ford and even Reagan is dead and buried. Loons like Cruz rule the day.

Trump is a plant from the Hillary Clinton camp. His aim is to capture the elements of the GOP who are now so angry at the federal government failings on any number of policy failings that they no longer think straight.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Are you serious? Trump IS the Establishment. He IS the corporations. That he is leading the polls is another glaring indicator of how out of touch the right has truly become. If Trump gets the Republican ticket, you might as well just hand the election over to Clinton, Sanders, or whoever the hell the the left throws up there.

Donald Trump is a walking talking advertisement for everything wrong with this country.

Yes, I'm serious...

Trump is no worse than any of the others.

Which Candidate is just like us ?......None

The are all rich. Are you mad Donald is the richest ?

Cause they are all scumbag Politicians.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This latest statement from Donald should insure his candidacy.

www.rawstory.com...

Apparently invading other countries with American forces to steal resources, is one of his plans.

I wonder if he's serious?

edit on 10-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: JBRiddle

He is not a Conservative, he's an American and wants to "Make America Great Again!".

And proves that by shipping jobs overseas.

Our country has been going down the drain for the last 40 years, we did slow our fall during President Reagan's Term in office but is wasn't enough to reverse out course.

You don't know much about Reagan's term huh? Reagan went on a massive spending spree that we are still paying for he reversed nothing he made everything worse.

Donald is also no Reagan....Thank god! I love the Donald he don't give an eff what you or me or anyone else thinks or says...Go Big Donald!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yes, I'm serious...

Since when is Donald a "politician"?......

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Yes, I'm serious...

Since when is Donald a "politician"?......

He's not....At least not a good one. That's why I like him.

In my mind, he can't do any worse than what we have.

The rest of the Candidates seem weak. At least it's interesting.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.rawstory.com...

Apparently invading other countries with American forces to steal resources, is one of his plans.

Kick their A$$ and take their gas. We should do this. We lost men fighting.

We get the spoils of war. I hope he's serious. A little bit of this thinking.

I'll bet they stop chanting "Death to America" cause, they mean you too.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He's right in one regard. The way to beat ISIS is to defund them. Best way to go about that would be a great discussion.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.rawstory.com...

Of course he is serious. Cowards who whined their way out of serving their country during Vietnam are the first ones wanting to get others killed. It worked for Bush and Cheney so why would it be any different for deadbeat Donnie?
edit on 6990000002231America/ChicagoMon, 10 Aug 2015 10:47:22 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join