It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Teflon Donald"...In Spite of it all, Trump is still leading the Latest Polls

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Stormdancer777

What does that have to do with Bernie?
They were stupid to interrupt him, he is one of the people on their side.

Why Yes, Yes he is.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I know this looks like a complete and total disaster for the GOP. Every time Trump moves up in the GOP polls he drops in the national polls, right now even Biden crushes him in a national election. Sure Trumps leads the GOP with about 22% of the vote and that means over 70% do not support him but, nobody really thinks about that, they just paint the entire GOP with Trumps brush. So how can the GOP find a silver lining in this?

Polling tells us the GOP is considered out of touch with the population, that is to radical and that is not trust worthy. These numbers began to grow with the Tea Party. The traditional GOP has been completely over looked as nuttiest members like Bachman, Perry, Cruz etc grabbed all the headlines and media. The GOP has lost not only support among the general population but among the GOP itself where members see the party high jacked by nutters. Trump is the final nail in the coffin.

Unless, the GOP can drive Trump out and into his own third party taking with him the most radical parts of GOP that so offends the American population. The GOP can then begin some long term healing with the American people and say, all the offensive people in the GOP have left. They need to act soon though, every day Trump is in the headlines the GOP slide further into its death bed.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
If we elect Trump, it just proves that the premise for this movie is becoming reality faster than I thought...

Americans might as well vote for President Camacho, they're so uniformed and starry-eyed over entertainment personalities...

As I've said before, Trump is the president America deserves...Bernie Sander's is the president America probably needs.

Remember to drink your Brawndo, America:

Ya Bernie the progressive pipe dream pushing politically correct flapping in the wind elitist. Take a look at Greece and see these simple truths. What we need is to follow the constitution again and Bernie is 100% against that. He is a big government loving social progressive bent on taking liberties.

If you put the rights of the masses first......IT FAILS. That is why our constitution promotes and protects individual rights above all else. I find it so funny and ironic all the progressives crying about corporations and the rising polices sate......It is progressive ideals that allow this to happen guys. Hitler was a social progressive union leader and that is how he got elected and consolidated power. After gaining power he put the rights of the masses/state above all else and that is why it turned into a oligarchy in time. It took years for this to happen and Hitler did not rule alone. Gas chambers were actually first used on anyone not contributing to the greater whole......This is what progressive ideals lead into over time.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I would not just blame the tea part on the GOP loss of support.

The whole George W Bush Rein with Iraq, Patriot act ect seems to have pissed off my American friends.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

You realize that uncontrolled, unregulated capitalism that promotes everything being privatized is a conservative thing, right? It's an Ayn Rand dream.

"I got robbed last night! And tied up to a chair!"

"Dude, you didn't pay for the supplemental home invasion private police protection? Damn..."

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

One man's " Nutter" is another man's family member.

How can anyone pretend to understand the GOP right now.

There is a fight for the soul of this Country.

And, you are telling the Republicans to get rid of a large segment of the Party.

Hello President Cinton.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

One man's " Nutter" is another man's family member.

How can anyone pretend to understand the GOP right now.

There is a fight for the soul of this Country.

And, you are telling the Republicans to get rid of a large segment of the Party.

Hello President Cinton.

The fight is for the soul of GOP. The traditional Reagan style Republicans VS the more radical base that would call Reagan a RINO. The GOP is losing the White House no matter what, likely the Senate as well and who knows how bad things will go in the House. All because of the radicals like Trump in the GOP have driven the center away. Getting rid of 20% of the party will be more than offset by gaining support at the national level. You can not have a party survive when the general population thinks it is to radical and finds the other party twice as trustworthy to lead. You can not have a party survive that polls as out of step with American people in most areas. America is not going to go backwards, so the GOP has to move forward. The parts of the party that refuse to do that need to be cut out like a bad cancer so the party can heal and grow again.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The vast majority of Americans are so mesmerized by the idiot box, their powers of discernment have all but been erased.
They have lost the ability to differentiate between fantasy, fiction, lies and reality and they live vicariously thru their "heroes".... This malady translates into all aspects of American culture...politics is one of the medias special interest now with elections coming up; Their strategy is to generate conflict, controversy, with as dynamic personalities as they have available. Trump fits into this model like hand in glove. Keep the people tuning into the "news" channels so they can see the developments happening to their favorite "stars"
and personalities. All the while hitting the viewers with advertisement after advertisement. Appeal to the chosen demographic and rake in the mkt. shares and $$$$.

I'm not even going to bother with my favorite HL Mencken quote...you should know it by now.
I'm not going to apologize for working in the media either.....you want BS....you got it. Give the folks what they want!!!

Trump will be forgotten soon enough but we have something even better waiting in the wings.....War

edit on 9-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Wait a second...

You left out the part about the Republicans just taking both Houses.

Now, you have given the Dems the Election and both Houses back ?

We will just have to respectfully disagree and go ahead and see how this goes.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Willtell
I love the fact that the commentators like Charles Krauthammer of Fox and Lawrence O'Donnell from MSNBC thinks Trump is going down he stays up

Fox put a hit on Trump, surprisingly because Ailes is supposed to like Trump but Rupert Murdoch hates Trump....
There must be some real conflict going on in Fox news.

and Murdoch told FOX to stop giving him so much air time.
www.newsmax.com...

This article claims Ailes told him he’d do what he wanted to do

Maybe so but Murdoch is the boss so he probably told him to let the people there do what they want.

Or they’re smart enough to realize Murdoch writes their checks

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I thought it was interesting the comment that Bush made: "We'll win if we give people something that gives them hope that their lives are gonna be better." I interpret that to mean that every word of the Bush campaign will be something to make people "feel better". In a way, it reminds me of the well known hope and change we heard about in 2008.

We don't want hope or anything that has to do with feelings! We don't want any more empty promises! We want results! Let's see here. If they legalized hemp and its cousin, they could probably have this country out of debt in 3 years, if the gov't didn't waste the money on gambling derivatives or take out more loans that will add interest to the debt from the IMF, etc., etc., etc.! If they made a fuel industry, clothing industry, industrial textiles industry, hemp plastics industry, medicine, and hundreds of others AND were honest with the money, those 3 plants could have this country out of debt in one single presidential term (by 2020). In order for that plan to work, you would also have to bring all of the troops home that we can, and ramp up the job market with middle-class level jobs from all of the hemp industries. There would be lots of jobs in that industry-farming, harvesting, preparing medicine, oil and gasoline manufacture, plastics industry, hemp cardboard industry, and on and on. It would generate so much profit that starting wages at those places could be a minimum of $12.00 an hour, with the highest paying positions being around the $200k/year level.

I hate to say this, but anyone that is in Big Pharma and the oil/plastics industry's pockets will never make something like this happen. If whoever gets elected can't figure out something along the lines of what I said above (or at least as good as that), then the downward spiral of America's economy will continue.

So far, I think Bernie has the best ideas overall, and I think he will act on them if he gets the chance.

If Jeb, Hillary, or Donald get elected then I think this country will be in serious trouble. Donald would probably do much better than Jeb or Hillary, but I still fear that he would be tempted by all the things that the corporate mafia would offer him. They might even make Donald believe that "they will help him fix America", while shipping jobs overseas, avoiding taxes, and shipping multinational corporate profits to Swedish bank accounts.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

If Jeb, Hillary, or Donald get elected then I think this country will be in serious trouble. Donald would probably do much better than Jeb or Hillary, but I still fear that he would be tempted by all the things that the corporate mafia would offer him.

We need a strong, decisive, yet feminine energy at this time in our progress. That is hard to find. It is not the dishonest, lying, untrustworthy mean-spirited Hillary Clinton that does and says anything for a dollar, but the Carly Fioriana kind, the kind that is capable of integrating the masculine assertiveness with feminine empathetic understanding.

She is the epitome of strength, confidence, and intelligence. She understands the technological world of the 21st century, and she is ready and able. The more I hear her speak, the more I like her.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: InFriNiTee

If Jeb, Hillary, or Donald get elected then I think this country will be in serious trouble. Donald would probably do much better than Jeb or Hillary, but I still fear that he would be tempted by all the things that the corporate mafia would offer him.

We need a strong, decisive, yet feminine energy at this time in our progress. That is hard to find. It is not the dishonest, lying, untrustworthy mean-spirited Hillary Clinton that does and says anything for a dollar, but the Carly Fioriana kind, the kind that is capable of integrating the masculine assertiveness with feminine empathetic understanding.

She is the epitome of strength, confidence, and intelligence. She understands the technological world of the 21st century, and she is ready and able. The more I hear her speak, the more I like her.

I love the fact she is not a Politician.

I love how she goes after Hillary. I would love to hear her ideas.

Not in a ridiculous gotcha debate.

This is too serious to decide in 30 second sound bytes.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Trump doesn't even have a strategy or a plan... he just likes to spew out the talking points of the day or ramble on about a wall between Mexico and get all the inner racism riled up in old school republicans.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
Trump doesn't even have a strategy or a plan... he just likes to spew out the talking points of the day or ramble on about a wall between Mexico and get all the inner racism riled up in old school republicans.

The current Administration never does that.

He said he would put a door in it.

Wish those old school Republicans would just go ahead and croak.

What are you 12 ?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

What are you 12 ?

No I am not and that was a little bit of a rash statement I know but in all reality no he does not have any strategies or plans. He is a sleazy business man.

He wants a 20 ft wall between us and Mexico and he is going to make Mexico pay for it because they are smarter than us?

I think the entire game plan for his campaign can be summed up in two words: wing it.
edit on 9-8-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

What are you 12 ?

No I am not and that was a little bit of a rash statement I know but in all reality no he does not have any strategies or plans. He is a sleazy business man.

He wants a 20 ft wall between us and Mexico and he is going to make Mexico pay for it because they are smarter than us?

I think the entire game plan for his campaign can be summed up in two words: wing it.

30 seconds of answering trick questions does not equal a platform.

Just like the media your knee jerk reaction is he has no plan.

You don't know what Donald has planned. You are the one winging it.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
How convenient that Trump throws his hat into the ring, when the ring is already saturated with clowns (14 of them). Hmm. How is this so?
On the other hand you have Hillary, Bernie...and maybe Biden. Oh gosh, Not Biden..please?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I don't understand why all the concern and commotion over the GOP front-runner at this early stage of the game. I remember all the hoopla-ha over Herman Cain, 15 months before the last election. Lots of posts and wasted energy. In hindsight, it will be the same with the Donald Trump. It's just a fad. People will not really vote for him at nomination time. But he is definitely a breath of fresh air!

IMO, What's encouraging is that Carly Fiorina seems to be a highly refined version of Donald Trump...and which makes her extremely electable.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I don't understand why all the concern and commotion over the GOP front-runner at this early stage of the game. I remember all the hoopla-ha over Herman Cain, 15 months before the last election. Lots of posts and wasted energy. In hindsight, it will be the same with the Donald Trump. It's just a fad. People will not really vote for him at nomination time. But he is definitely a breath of fresh air!

IMO, What's encouraging is that Carly Fiorina seems to be a highly refined version of Donald Trump...and which makes her extremely electable.

Great points...

Thanks for the addition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join