It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the occult significance of the number 33?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hello ATS, can anyone here help explain what this number means?

I've been seeing it a lot lately, and I'm very very curious what it's occult significance is and why its so common to see it used.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Im not really sure but 33 degrees wont freeze me.a reply to: nonjudgementalist

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

33 degrees will get you any job in the world.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

In Freemasonry it is a big thing. Obviously there is the 33rd Degree which so some say is where you enter another league entirely. I have seen some texts of Mason Degree initiations, you know the role acting that is done and it reflects Christ and his death at the age of 33.

Check the Joseph of Arimathea connection with Freemasonry, too. That is quite fascinating. There is lots of info about that on the web. I studied that in great detail and came away thoroughly confused. Yet a very interesting delve into legends, even with the Holy Grail, Glastonbury, etc.

edit on 9-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The number 33 represents a specific quantity of something defined.
For example, here is 33 instances of the letter "o":
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

In other words, it is a neat way of representing something without actually having to visualize it.
There are quite a few articles about this. An introduction could very well be "Mathematics" on Wikipedia.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
a reply to: ElOmen

33 degrees will get you any job in the world.

Anyone that ambitious can be trusted, they've proven their OCD, and with a 33rd degree clearance', the most conditioned.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nevertheless

Of course, how stupid of me.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The number 33 symbolizes the human vertebral column and the channels of kundalini that traverses it.

-MM
edit on 9-8-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The full meaning and power of the number 33 cannot be given here because it is too mathematical. Let me give you a taster: the number of permutations of four objects, taken, one, two, three & four at a time = 1! + 2! + 3! + 4! = 33.
The significance of the number 4 was hinted at by Pythagoras but the deeper meaning of the Tetrad is to be found in Article 1 here. Note, for example, that 33 is the 16 (=4^2)th odd integer after 1.
What I will reveal is that the number 33 uniquely determines the number (1680) of circularly polarised oscillations of the subquark ground state of the E8xE8 heterotic superstring. Again, the story behind this is too large to discuss here. For more details about this claim, go here

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
33 is Master number in numerology. It also has connections to Jacob's Ladder and it is the age of Christ's crucifixion.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

I quit.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

a reply to: micpsi

I quit.

What kind of response did you want to see?

There are other answers, but you're going to ruffle feathers if you get into it here.

Generally speaking, it's not exactly a good thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you trying to want me off from exploring something?

OK I get that it's a gang symbol... That's obvious to me... So perhaps to get more honesty I should have been more honest with my inquiry so here goes: What cult or secret society are you a member of if you identify yourselves by the number 33?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Are you trying to want me off from exploring something?

In your own words, could you please explain why you think that quantities in general and quantities represented in Base 10 specifically would bring meaning to anything whatsoever?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nevertheless
OK... Let's start with the basics. 1 is a quantity. When one day passes, it is a meaningful because each day moves closer to another equinox... Knowing how many days until winter would have been life or death to nomadic wanderers innthe northern hemisphere. In order to communicate between themselves the number of days left in each season they would have needed names for quantities, names for numbers. Base ten is more efficient than roman numerals for example. It came for. The Arab world. Apart from those facts I can think of no other reason why it would bring any more meaning to anything whatsoever than any other writing system ...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well aside from the obvious one that's already been mentioned.

33 can be used as a significant number by any of the occult groups who place significance on the death of Christ for various reasons. The important part being his death, not his resurrection. It goes hand in hand with the idea behind inverting the cross.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Do you know who an of these groups may be?

link   

link   

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

If I did, they wouldn't be occult now would they?

It's all theory and conjecture unless you belong, and if you belong, then you wouldn't be telling.

That's why it's called the rabbit hole. How far down are you willing to jump? And I don't make it habit to delve deeply into the occult beyond the very surface.

edit on 9-8-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join