It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolf terrorizes city in Brazil (and someone took a pic of it.)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
of course, his hands will reach down to his knees...
there's that part....

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
I google searched the image and off the bat Before it's news was first and they say its from a CCTV camera. If that's the case then where is the video? Source

Other sites said it's a central monitoring cameras of military police. Source

Starting to seem a bit fishy.

Maybe the original source came out of a very little know website. That can happen sometimes. Either way, it now seems no one know where this pic came from.

Retrograde stilts are a thing. And this may be projecting how I think a werewolf would behave, but it's weird that it's walking right down the middle of the street in plain sight. Camera shot seems to be from the pavement, so the werewolf was ignoring the photographer.

I'll go with costumed hoaxers until more evidence comes to light.

So his legs were made to run? it would make sense since they look very weird and the creature is bipedal. Streets in Brazil at late night are pretty empty in small towns. Only a few townsfolk would stay awake to either work on something on drink beer.
edit on 9-8-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

They are the same buildings but it appears that the pictures were taking some time apart.. The corner building is white with a blue boarder in one and blue in another.. Also the signs don't match.. Seems like they were taking weeks if not months apart..

I'm not saying the picture is legit but if a hoax, they did a good job with shadowing.. I'd love for it to be real but no amount of wishful thinking will make it so.. I'm saying hoax..

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
He's the hairy-handed amigo, who ran amuck in Rio.
Lately he's been overheard in Sao Paulo.

(Apologies to Warren Zevon)

Fantastic!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
How about a dummy? It could be poorly slapped together and no one would know the difference from the picture.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha
Preying Mantis.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: HooHaa
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

They are the same buildings but it appears that the pictures were taking some time apart.. The corner building is white with a blue boarder in one and blue in another.. Also the signs don't match.. Seems like they were taking weeks if not months apart..

I'm not saying the picture is legit but if a hoax, they did a good job with shadowing.. I'd love for it to be real but no amount of wishful thinking will make it so.. I'm saying hoax..

Well the second picture is a Google street view photo, and Google only takes those every 2-5 years.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It looks like a guy in a monster suit. It reminds me of a prank that somebody played on UK cops. He dressed like an alien and walked around at night so he could get on the video cameras. Look at the guy's legs in the video. They're almost like the ones of the "creature" in the pic.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

They are the same.

Except the corner buildings have different style roofs, and there seems to be a bush missing from the top pic that is and would be visible in the second pic.

As for the post in the middle of the road...I bet you can find similar poles in other areas of the town. As I said in my opinion they don't look the same.

But hey to each his own.

Who know how old that street view is. The blue building looks like it was under construction at the time the street view was taken. in the later picture the building look different because they are older than the original photo. Its not odd for people to repaint buildings and add signage to buildings.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Looks like Oscar Pistorius on a jog.

The two pics look to be of different areas as the buildings don't seem to match in my opinion.

Same place, different time... As if there is some 20 years between the two pictures.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

The two pics look to be of different areas as the buildings don't seem to match in my opinion.

They are the same. Slightly different angles and the one on the bottom looks a bit older and less developed.

Everything is the same though, down to the power pole in the median of the street.

The storefronts being painted a different color is the only difference I see. It's still the same scene.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout
All I have to say is no human could make their legs work like that! What the hell is that.

Actually, we can... sort of...

It's called Digitigrade legs and they can be made in varying degrees.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It looks like the same place.They upgraded the buildings and are closer to the buildings but the werewolf could easily be a costume.Makes it all the more reasonable it is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
In my opinion, the 'werewolf' is actually caused by a camera effect known as "rolling shutter".

The legs had moved before the frame had been 'frozen' and caused the weird effect we see with the legs. Good explanation in the first few minutes of this video.

I'd say it was likely a slight delay in the way the ccd recorded the image, or how the software saved it into a 'file'. These things happen.
edit on 9-8-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: troyof69
It appears to me, that this werewolf is wearing a suit coat with tails. Maybe I'm seeing shadows, but it really looks like tails on a suit jacket. The pics are of the same two buildings, one is still under construction in the daytime pic.
"Huh, I'd like to meet his tailor". Warren Zevon again.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

What do those legs cost?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Think about IT!
the Police turn up in lots of cars in minuets.
I could see 3 cars.
Now why would they even think it could be real!

originally posted by: Skid Mark
It looks like a guy in a monster suit. It reminds me of a prank that somebody played on UK cops. He dressed like an alien and walked around at night so he could get on the video cameras. Look at the guy's legs in the video. They're almost like the ones of the "creature" in the pic.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The light gives it away.
The shadow is wrong in relation to the light source. (It would be cast more toward the center, even accounting for 'bloom' from glare.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

The photo allegedly taken by a woman (who was found by the report here), had more than 560 thumbs ups and about 700 comments, until the night of Friday (31/7) on the "Roll Fair Ceilândia" , on Facebook.

I love professional journalism these days! It had 560 "Thumbs Ups"/ "Likes"!! It must be legit!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join