It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$200k homes on offer in every US state: which would you pick?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

We had a vacation in Connecticut last month around Hartford and I was flipping through a real estate guide.
Here's the Connecticut listing as per the article:

Not exactly Hartford. That's where the 1% live.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Okay, if that's the farthest you're willing to go in the game, so be it. Those 50 are your choices. You have $250k. Just PICK ONE!!

(party pooper...always so contrary.....
)

edit on 8/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Yeah, that was Texas. I liked the interesting entryway there. I just wish the yard looked a little more established.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Now that's nice and there are people in Michigan I'd love to visit.

Still, you just can't put a price on the weather in England!

Chuckles

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It may be so cheap because Louisville was the murder capital of the US at the beginning of 2015.

I wouldn't take it if someone gave it to me.

link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Being in the city ups the cost bunches.
The Indianapolis house price would drop in half if it was just 50 miles outside the city.
Location, location, location...lol

But I like the Montana house..
edit on 9-8-2015 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Okay, if that's the farthest you're willing to go in the game, so be it. Those 50 are your choices. You have $250k. Just PICK ONE!!

(party pooper...always so contrary.....
)

Not trying to be contrary. I just didn't see a stand out. I could probably amalgamate a really cool one out of these. Out of the ones I listed, there was something I really liked, but also something I wished it had ... See my comment about the one in Texas.

Give it that entry and gray brick, the vine coverage one of the others had and some of the big trees and lawn space ... and I'd be really happy.

link   

I just wish the yard looked a little more established.

We'd be in agreement there.
I insist on large trees and lots of them. They're a lot of work, but preferable to the concrete slab suburbs.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

You know, none of them would be my perfect dream house either. I just thought if these are the ones you have to choose from - which one would you pick???

nm, though. If you'd like, we could all find our ideal dream house and post them here, too....price notwithstanding.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I expected to find one that was at least preferable to the others, but I didn't.

It's like taking a BuzzFeed Quiz and getting that one question where they tall you to pick one and you can't because all the options are more or less on the same footing.

Only this time I have 50 options and none are popping above the rest.
edit on 9-8-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i really like this one.
its in nebraska

and this one. south dakota...more for the surroundings

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I like stone or brick and every house I have lived in is at least 100 years old.
Built to last.

I agree with that - stone is my choice. My home now is 76 years old, built to last, and has huge mature trees shading the entire property (a little over 1/3 acre). Vines, stone veneer (not exactly solid stone, but looks like it), situated near the river in hilly/bluff & gulch area, semi rural. It was the closest to my taste that I could afford in the area required at the time.

I love it - but it's still not my "dream house." Paid $45k for it back in 1999. Needed some work, but real quality - the original owner was an insurance provider for contractors - the best contractors available at the time were his clients - he had it built to blue-prints and only the BEST materials went into it.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Ma'am, this is not one of those "tell me about yourself and I'll tell you what superhero you are" - it's simply about having 1 hour to pick one, or the offer is off the table. Like a plea bargain.

Or, don't play....that's fine, too. It's just for fun.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I like the South Dakota surroundings too (not much diff from the Montana one) - but the A-frame doesn't do much for me.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I love the style, but having owned old wooden houses for many years, I know how much maintenance is required.
I used to be all about "fixer-uppers". Now I've aged out of thinking, "How hard can it be? I know how to do construction, paint, wiring, etc....I'll just do it myself!"

lol
No. 25 years ago? YEP! But now, you wouldn't believe how many supplies I have on hand, but tasks unfinished....I inherited that trait from my dad. I'll get 80% of the way done, and then lose interest.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I like the South Dakota surroundings too (not much diff from the Montana one) - but the A-frame doesn't do much for me.

i like A frames a lot but that one is just ok.
some beautiful land up there though.

hey buzzy, you ever hear of or see the biltmore estate?

www.biltmore.com...

one of these days i want to take my wife there

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I have! My home interior is painted in shades taken from the Biltmore interior, as a matter of fact!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I have! My home interior is painted in shades taken from the Biltmore interior, as a matter of fact!

you have as in heard of it/seen pics/been there?

i guy i used to work with goes there every year on vacation with his wife.

it is something i have wanted to do for years but other stuff always comes up.

i cant imagine how awesome it looks in person when the pics are so beautiful

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I know, right???

Another fun pastime is to look at the virtual tours of all the MOST EXPENSIVE houses. We could do that, too!! Of course, one of those would require a full-time staff...no WAY one person could keep them up.

The nicest house I was ever invited to stay in was a gubernatorial mansion in Tennessee. Set in the Appalachians with incredible views - every bedroom (of, I believe 8) had a fireplace, private bath (or shared with neighboring bedroom). The place had a huge marble entry way, pool and tennis court, etc.

I love grand architecture - I haven't visited Biltmore, but have "toured it" online.
I have an interesting book, also, called "American Country Houses of the Gilded Age." (author "Lewis")

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Based just on styling alone, and the 50 choices in this article, my second choice would be this one -

It's in Ohio. Those old city row houses are so COOL.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join