It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video..Topeka police officer fatally shoots retired judge's dog in his backyard

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Had it been your dog he would have arrested you for not having it chained up in its own backyard.

Do you have a link to support this allegation, or is it just suppositious?

This dog was chained up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the lady grabbed at the cop while he had his sidearm unholstered. Is that an intelligent way to deal with any officer?

Its exactly what i would have done for my dog.

Why was his weapon unholstered?

eta

That still doesn't in any way support your comment on being arrested for not having a dog chained up in a fenced back yard.

I just meant he would find something to charge you with because your dog charged him. Because thats what cops who shoot your dog on sight do.

edit on 8-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Because he had a dog heading towards him barking and growling?

Here's my point, in both of the cases here, there is no debate (or shouldn't be) over whether the officers were legitimately on a scene. This is not "I'm harassing you for snips and giggles," it's "I'm on the scene performing my job." In both cases, while performing their job, they were rushed by a dog. The first officer shot the dog when he realized it was going to reach him, the second officer paused indicating he was not likely to shoot the dog when he realized it couldn't reach him due to a chain. We can sit here blowing smoke up each other's asses by speculating whether he would have pulled the trigger all day, but based on the evidence we have in front of us we can safely say he instinctively did not shoot the dog.

Fact: Don't put your hands on a cop and expect to be treated like anyone other than a person obstructing or assaulting the police. That's called "the law" and it is place because the majority of society long ago agreed that police are needed and they should be reasonably treated by the public. The officer did not abuse the woman, he threw her to the ground to holdter his weapon and then he placed her in custody... let's not turn this into more than it was. He did not taze her, he did not strike her, he did not shoot her, he did not choke her, he did not baton her, he separated her from himself to secure his sidearm. It's called APPROPRIATE FORCE.

Honestly, if I believed the reaction in this thread would have been any different had the cop in the OP delivered a kick to the dog in question, I'd say so. The problem is we've got a posse of cop haters floating around and the police can't win with them regardless of what they do. My hat's off to most police officers, honestly. If I had to deal with some of the asshats they deal with alongside the attitude they receive for doing their job, I'd just stand back and watch it burn with a can of gas and a Zippo to throw onto the pile if the flame started to die down.

edit on 8-8-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
meet Susie she weighs 25lbs she is so scary better shoot her quick.

This is Jojo AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Buffy the cop slayer

www.forgottenpaws.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

The 3rd dog is only 18 pounds , but hey , never worry about stretching the truth when there are cops to put hate on .

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

That little bit of extra chub to make it make weight makes all the difference... We're not talking a hundred pound difference here.

Way to nitpick to try and dodge a point.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Don't be obtuse. Smaller breeds can be every bit as aggressive as any larger breed.
www.dogbiteclaims.co.uk...

The analysis was pioneering in its methods. Prior to the study, dog attacks analyses had almost exclusively involved the study of dog bite statistics but such a method is flawed. Dog bite statistics are skewed heavily in favour of maintaining the non-aggressive reputation of smaller breeds. This is because dog bites are only likely to be reported in the event of the bite victim requiring medical attention. Big dogs naturally produce bigger bites which result in greater need for a visit to hospital. Thus, larger breeds accrue unfair reputations.

The 2008 dog attacks study broke away from this, instead choosing its source as a survey of 6,000 dog owners. The dachshund topped the list of 33 breeds for aggression, whilst the rottweiler, pit bull and Rhodesian ridgeback scored average or below average marks for hostility towards strangers.

Considering there's no way of knowing shot records of a strange animal, a bit from any dog can become a serious issue. WHen a dog is displaying aggression, that means it intends to bite a person.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh please, any dog can be aggressive, but there are plenty of ways to deal with it besides a gun. You'd wonder how people survive without guns with all these pets all over the place. I mean they're all clearly life threatening.

You know what works too, get bit, charge the family for damages if there's medical bills.

Cops must be the biggest pussies in the world, need a gun to handle a puppy, and so scared about a scratch and medical bills they won't even pay for themselves, that death is a far better alternative.

I mean what kind of babies are these cops? Seriously?

Anything you might get from a dog bite is completely treatable these days.

An old man has killed a cheetah unarmed in single combat, but a trained, healthy, american, police officer can't handle a toy poodle without a gun.
edit on 8/9/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Considering there's no way of knowing shot records of a strange animal, a bit from any dog can become a serious issue. WHen a dog is displaying aggression, that means it intends to bite a person.

I've been charged by dogs piles of times. I've been bitten once. The dog that bit me was just sitting next to me and being a jerk.

That lady was soooooooooooo beautiful and nice. Is just tragic. Is there some statistic somewhere that American cops get bitten on a regular basis?

link   
Thanks for the thread.
Why are people like this even on the streets?
I am happy our neighborhood "Boys" as I call them are of another nature.
My grand old cat ran out in front of a squad car, he stepped on his brakes and turned around and apologized.
Even said Hello to the almost dead cat.

Good catch OP. What if it was a toddler that ran towards him with a water pistol? Self defense?
WIS

link   

Yeah they can be aggressive but they bite your shoe.. Would you shoot a small dog like that out fear?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
More...
www.care2.com...

The most aggressive breed, the study found, was the Dachshund. The researchers discovered that that one in five have bit or attempted to bite a stranger, and one in twelve have lashed out at their owners. Chihuahuas were in second place, and Jack Russells were the third most aggressive breed. Up to 30 percent of these smaller breeds have bit or attempted to bite unfamiliar dogs.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

So, when do you start accademy to become a police officer yourself?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I wouldn't last, not corrupt enough.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Yeah they can be aggressive but they bite your shoe.. Would you shoot a small dog like that out fear?

My daughter had an ER trip thanks to a Daschund bite to her leg last summer. It isn't "Oh my God, my calf muscle has been ripped from my leg!" It is, however, we're going to have to collect all shot records plus a series of antibiotics and hopefully this doesn't get infected.

If I thought a dog was going to bite me and I was standing on justifiable ground, yeah... I'd shoot a dog before I'd take a bite.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

We're not talking a hundred pound difference here.

Nope , just a 44% increase .

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I wouldn't last, not corrupt enough.

Yes, yes, I'm sure that's the reason many keyboard warriors eschew joining the forces they so revel in complaining about. After all, the Herculean task of changing what you don't like from within is only paled by the fact that you'd just have to be "corrupt" to even join.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I can't respond to that without breaking into personal attacks.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

You do realise that no matter your argument or facts presented the anti cop brigade will just choose to ignore them . The very same people who if they were being attacked by a dog would gladly have the police shoot it . Lets sit back and see the lies in response to that last statement .

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

My daughter had an ER trip thanks to a Daschund bite to her leg last summer. It isn't "Oh my God, my calf muscle has been ripped from my leg!" It is, however, we're going to have to collect all shot records plus a series of antibiotics and hopefully this doesn't get infected.

If I thought a dog was going to bite me and I was standing on justifiable ground, yeah... I'd shoot a dog before I'd take a bite.

what if you had a huge flashlight or a baton, or a taser, or pepper spray, or all 4, and you were in some innocent persons backyard would you still shoot a damm 26 pound dog?
edit on 9-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

You do realise that no matter your argument or facts presented the anti cop brigade will just choose to ignore them . The very same people who if they were being attacked by a dog would gladly have the police shoot it . Lets sit back and see the lies in response to that last statement .

I do realize that sad fact. And yes, I do sometimes get tired of constantly trying to push a rock up a hill against an avalanche.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join