It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video..Topeka police officer fatally shoots retired judge's dog in his backyard

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Dude you cant just go in someones backyard and kill their effing dog.. And he was convicted of effing killing a person and put back on the job.

Thats a good one to get in here and defend way to go..

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

They protect there own, which is a joke, but hey not much we can do.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Dude you cant just go in someones backyard and kill their effing dog.. And he was convicted of effing killing a person and put back on the job.

Thats a good one to get in here and defend way to go..

Then don't have a policy in place in which cops are first responders to alarms. As for the 2002 conviction, the arbitrator who reinstated him apparently viewed his service record as exemplary and identified nitigating circumstances in that wreck, INCLUDING that officer Cruse was following existing department protocol.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

1. I see an officer who had a dog aggressively charging him, shot the dog in perceived self defense, and then displayed very compassionate emotion about the dog.

So you would be ok if i entered your yard,shot your dog and gave you a hug and made it all better.....?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: alienjuggalo

They protect there own, which is a joke, but hey not much we can do.

I'm not a LEO.
It is possible to appreciate the police without being one. In fact, it used to be pretty common.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So sick of this #... Pets are family, talk about traumatic. Cops need to stop treating pets as disposable cannon fodder...

Cops also need to grow a damn spine. They're apparently so twitchy and trigger happy it's downright scarey. Shoot at the sound of a pin drop...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Yea and leo used to not kill people and dogs daily. And people wonder why we hate cops.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

1. I see an officer who had a dog aggressively charging him, shot the dog in perceived self defense, and then displayed very compassionate emotion about the dog.

So you would be ok if i entered your yard,shot your dog and gave you a hug and made it all better.....?

No, but what's the issue here? I never suggested the woman should invite him back for weekly tea and cookies. I think the bag boy that often puts the milk in the same bag as the bread, crushing the loaf is an asshole and I'm not ever going to throw back beers with him... but I'm also not suggesting he be fired over it. I've not seen where the dog's owner had lead any sort of "Fire Officer Cruse" movement in this case. Obviously she's grieving and probably mad, too...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
While I hesitate to completely defend any actions taken, unless I've stumbled on the wrong Topeka and/or I am misunderstanding the information, then I believe he was within his jurisdiction to enter the premises.

8.05.030 Inspection. For the purpose of enforcing the provisions of this chapter, the police chief shall have the authority, at reasonable times and upon reasonable oral notice, to enter into the premises in the city in or upon which alarm systems or alarm businesses subject to this chapter are located to inspect the installation or operation of such alarm systems or alarm businesses on official police business. (Code 1981 § 34-147. Code 1995 § 62-93.)

SOURCE

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Seriously? Crushed bread is equivellent to someone shooting and killing a beloved family member?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

In other words kill a guy "no problem" kill a dog "no problem" its covered under policy. Even though you were convicted of vehicular manslaughter.

But lets just blame the alarm companies because it cant be the cops fault right?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What would a mailman have done????

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Ok people, 23 lb dog, not so scarey, no need for a gun. At absolute worst, kick it, don't kill it.

Me, I just get in it's face, show no fear, puff out, step forward, and say something loud and angry at it if it's charging and being threatened. So far has worked EVERY SINGLE TIME, even with larger dogs that might outweigh me.

Try something, anything, (cept running away) before pulling the trigger... #ing neurotic, twitchy, trigger happy psychopaths...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Yea and leo used to not kill people and dogs daily. And people wonder why we hate cops.

Do you have stats to back up that claim?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Not gone into the back yard? How many mailboxes are located in someone's back yard where you live?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

My issue here is the officer was out of line shooting this dog,there was just no need for it,if the officer was scared for his life he should find a new job ....

The owner would be too distraught at this point i imagine to look at some sort of retaliation.....Another problem is violence is going to keep escalating between police and the general public,the police are already scared because of the backlash,it will get really ugly when an officer walks into someones backyard shoots the owners dog and that owner pulls out a gun and shoots the officer dead,next thing is we will have our very own version of the Gaza strip...and that would really suck for all involved

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Not gone into the back yard? How many mailboxes are located in someone's back yard where you live?

Really lol? Nice deflection. Mailmen deal with dogs every single day. When was the last time you heard about a mailman shooting a dog?

But you know the cop was sorry so its all good.. Btw he was probably only sry because he realized it was a judges dog.

Had it been your dog he would have arrested you for not having it chained up in its own backyard.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Had it been your dog he would have arrested you for not having it chained up in its own backyard.

Do you have a link to support this allegation, or is it just suppositious?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

This dog was chained up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

This dog was chained up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the lady grabbed at the cop while he had his sidearm unholstered. Is that an intelligent way to deal with any officer?

ETA: That still doesn't in any way support your comment on being arrested for not having a dog chained up in a fenced back yard.
edit on 8-8-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join