It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well...This Tech Just Seems Right. The Japanese "Walk Car"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: swanne

Why the sarcasm, just eat more, it ain't rocket science.
When I worked in management I ate less, now I'm in construction I eat more.
Are you really saying that this tech will change your world because you are unable to regulate your protein intake?
Really?

...cheaper to eat more, and healthier.

I get both sides.

Some people just have such a high metabolism that it doesn't matter how much they eat in proteins or even starches that they just can't gain weight.

I am a chef and baker in real life and I've encountered this many times.

Then we have the people who believe empty calories are the way to gain if you are in this group. Recipe for disaster.

It's a real thing.

And then we have those that seem to gain 2 pounds for every 1 1lb of intake. Again, metabolism.

Sorry to interrupt but I had to get in the middle of 2 people coming from the same place.

Jude

Jude

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: jude11

True, I see its uses definitely.
...and aw, 2fer, bless, got any pics? That sounds like a loving relationship.

He's too shy for youtube.

Jude

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Plus we all know how pooular the Segway was.
This fad will pass in a similar fashion I'd imagine.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
a reply to: grainofsand

Plus we all know how pooular the Segway was.
This fad will pass in a similar fashion I'd imagine.

Seeing the work implications using a back/hands-free approach, I see a possible advancement actually. Corps. will grab this to cut injury related work place accidents and to cut the human work force of course.

Half worker, half robot is where we're headed.

Jude

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Haha, fair one

I have a fast metabolism and I eat all day to compensate.
Breakfast 7am, can of tuna 9:30-10, ham n cheese sandwiches midday, bacon sandwich 3pm, plus fruit and water as felt needed, you get the picture.
If I was worried about burning energy because I'm walking home uphill or whatever then the last thing I would buy would be the 'walk car' I'd just buy more protein. My hunger feelings and body responses are the best indicator for that, and if I used a 'walk car' I would have to compensate because I would realise I needed to reduce my energy carb/protein intake.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Haha, fair one

I have a fast metabolism and I eat all day to compensate.
Breakfast 7am, can of tuna 9:30-10, ham n cheese sandwiches midday, bacon sandwich 3pm, plus fruit and water as felt needed, you get the picture.
If I was worried about burning energy because I'm walking home uphill or whatever then the last thing I would buy would be the 'walk car' I'd just buy more protein. My hunger feelings and body responses are the best indicator for that, and if I used a 'walk car' I would have to compensate because I would realise I needed to reduce my energy carb/protein intake.

And I never have breakfast, half a sandwich or.... for lunch and at 9pm, a dinner that my wife could eat twice.

Yet I am strong, fit, well built and energetic.

But,,,When it comes to cookies...I can eat a bag when I go to bed and never see the results.

Coooookieeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nom, nom, nom.

Jude

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Hahaha! Cookies yes!
Same here though, I've struggled to stay above 83 kilos over the last 7 or 8 years when I got into construction, and I'm 185cm in height.
I burn sackloads off energy in my work so I have to consume lots to compensate.
When I was in management at a desk I ate much less to stop getting fat.

...we can all regulate our intake, although I accept it may be harder for some than others. I spent many tens of thousands GBP in a year on a bad coke habit a decade ago though, and just stopped when the money ran out.
Perhaps it is why I am less understanding/sympathetic to those who are addicted to food.

I know one thing though, that 'walk car' will just make lazy people fatter and force those with fast metabolisms to eat more food to compensate for the less energy used.

*Edit*
To clarify, it isn't all about saving energy, it's also about replenishing our bodies with protein and nutrients while building and maintaining that muscle.
I always choose that (and the 300 steep stone steps to my local shop) every time.
edit on 8.8.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Topic already being discussed here, thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join