It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender Dysphoric? No cash to pay for the reassignment surgery?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Then get your ass into jail! At least...in California, that is.

California Govenor allows parole for transgender prison inmate to get gender reassignment surgery, AND the state will pay for it.

"SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Gov. Jerry Brown is allowing parole for a transgender inmate who is trying to force California to become the first state to pay for sex reassignment surgery.

Fox News

Yeah. Wow. This is a joke.

So sorry, you don't get a free ride when you break societies rules. Nor do you get such extravagances afforded to you.

Many will point the finger and say "Well, that's California for you...". I'm not at all concerned with that. I am concerned with the turn our culture is taking.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Holy Crap! It's Prison, not a free clinic for gender reassignment, it's elective surgery, so no way should it be paid for by the State or Federal Goobermint either.

AND I don't think anybody in prison should be able to have an organ transplant until every law abiding person gets what they need.

edit on 8-8-2015 by Hidinout because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

The argument that is going to be presented in favor of this, is that it's not the persons fault. They were born that way.

Given my understanding of what I call the "chemical stew" that we know of as our brain.....I definitely agree that someone can be born with a psychological "blend" as I am want to call it that does not match their physical gender.

BUT

That does not mean that we law abiding citizens need to pay for their correction. Sorry, I am not responsible for your genetic makeup, or how to correct it.

Do I wish this were a different world? Yes. But the world we have is what we have. I have to take care of my own first.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

I'm glad you think its an extravagance! To some,it about life itself. Can you imagine being a woman trapped in a mans body? How about a man trapped in a womans body?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
I'm glad you think its an extravagance! To some,it about life itself. Can you imagine being a woman trapped in a mans body? How about a man trapped in a womans body?

I was going to say this. Depending on the severity of the situation, this is not "elective surgery" but more a matter of life and death.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

The argument that is going to be presented in favor of this, is that it's not the persons fault. They were born that way.

Given my understanding of what I call the "chemical stew" that we know of as our brain.....I definitely agree that someone can be born with a psychological "blend" as I am want to call it that does not match their physical gender.

BUT

That does not mean that we law abiding citizens need to pay for their correction. Sorry, I am not responsible for your genetic makeup, or how to correct it.

Do I wish this were a different world? Yes. But the world we have is what we have. I have to take care of my own first.
I do agree it's not their fault and they were born that way, but if you break the law, you can't follow the rules and end up in Prison, I don't think you should get a free ride on expensive surgery.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Then get your ass into jail! At least...in California, that is.

California Govenor allows parole for transgender prison inmate to get gender reassignment surgery, AND the state will pay for it.

"SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Gov. Jerry Brown is allowing parole for a transgender inmate who is trying to force California to become the first state to pay for sex reassignment surgery.

Fox News

Yeah. Wow. This is a joke.

So sorry, you don't get a free ride when you break societies rules. Nor do you get such extravagances afforded to you.

Many will point the finger and say "Well, that's California for you...". I'm not at all concerned with that. I am concerned with the turn our culture is taking.

In california Insurance covers Gender re assignment. Especially in San fran cisssccccooooo!!! MEntal health is just as important as the bodys health as well so you may not liek it but sometimes it goes hand in hand. And really go to jail 3 times in cali you get life thats ridiculous and made to make money for the prisons. bet pelosi and reed have hands in that pie.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

You are appalled with my choice of words. Sorry.

But, no. Not sorry.

If you want my help, don't commit a crime against me. Don't be a burden to society.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I thoroughly agree, 1000% percent.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: EKron

To which, I'll say this....

Be a good member of society, I'll gladly do what I can to help you out.

Be a criminal?

Sorry. Not going to happen. I'm not going to help you.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Now I'm feeling like a broken record.

I will GLADLY HELP YOU....if you are not a reason for the detriment to my own well being through being a criminal.

If not?

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ironically I couldn't agree more.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You are appalled with my choice of words. Sorry.

But, no. Not sorry.

If you want my help, don't commit a crime against me. Don't be a burden to society.

Lets face it more than likely there in jail for being caught with weed or a suspended license, so there's no crime against you.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You know...

You're trying to win a battle here. Simple fact is, I am allowed to my opinion. As are you.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Now I'm feeling like a broken record.

I will GLADLY HELP YOU....if you are not a reason for the detriment to my own well being through being a criminal.

If not?

Sorry.

HEre is where people need to realize something. IF you serve your sentence you should get back all your rights. Otherwise you create what we have now repeat offenders who cant find a legit job because of a past mistake.
Im guessing you are one of those people who call for a person to pay for ever right?

ALso. Unless the criminal directly affected you youre being a hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You know...

You're trying to win a battle here. Simple fact is, I am allowed to my opinion. As are you.

Trying to win a battle is no crime... being allowed an opinion is no victory.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Absolutely. If you pay the penalty for a crime, you should be brought back into full and good standing in the eyes of society.

However, that does not mean that while you are in custody of society for a crime, that society should have to pay what many would consider extraordinary needs. This is, my opinion.

Now, hypocrite? Really? Do you blame Nazi Germany for being evil, but you are not jewish nor were you put into a concentration camp? Do you hold negative thoughts towards the US Gov't for the way black men were used as guinea pigs in the Tuskegee medical experiments? How about Kenneth Ley, who raided the Enron retirement funds and destroyed the livelihood of thousands of people? Where you or someone you loved in the WTC when they were hit by "airplanes" ?

Pretty big and weighty word you threw at me, hypocrite. I wonder if you thought it through before labelling me with it.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If not?

Sorry.

So, if this person had cancer and wanted treatment, would you have the same resistance? What if it was depression? We don't get to pick and choose what operations are covered by different insurance companies and states. Prisoners need medical and psychological health care. We can't just let them die or kill themselves.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Oh, on that matter you are wrong.

My opinion, is my ability TO pick and choose.

Sorry, but...that is my opinion.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Someone is confusing fact. Judge ruled the state pay for the operation, the Governor paroled her/him instead.

A federal judge in April ordered the state to provide the surgery, which had been scheduled for July. It was delayed after the state appealed. The governor's office said Friday that Brown was taking no action on the Board of Parole Hearings' recommendation to release Michelle-Lael Norsworthy, which means her parole will proceed. The decision makes it less likely that the 51-year-old will be able to have surgery funded by the prison before she is released. Parole board spokesman Luis Patino said it usually takes about a week for an inmate to be released after the governor allows a parole to proceed.

abc7.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join