It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most retweeted GOP debate tweet was written by Bernie Sanders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It wasn't even a debate!!!

Arugh!!

It was a meet and greet, a Q&A and argument session!!

Edit: I used to compete in debate tournaments in school -- this was not a LD or policy debate. It wasn't even some bastardized version of either!
edit on 7-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
with all due respect it was the FIRST debate

And the focus of the debate was to talk about the most recent remarks and policies proposed by the candidates....

Well it could have been .... but I almost thought it was lets see how many times we can put Hillary down, state what she has done wrong and such. I would think it would be better to say these things to her instead of somewhere she wouldn't respond.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't understand why liberals expect conservatives to discuss liberal issues. This is about them trying to get their voters. You guys aren't going to vote for them anyway.

Frankly, I still don't like any candidates on either side of the aisle and we have a crap ton of them. Sad.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
with all due respect it was the FIRST debate

And the focus of the debate was to talk about the most recent remarks and policies proposed by the candidates....

Well it could have been .... but I almost thought it was lets see how many times we can put Hillary down, state what she has done wrong and such. I would think it would be better to say these things to her instead of somewhere she wouldn't respond.

Well she IS the leading candidate for the GOP at this point, so of course they are going to comment on her policies.......

I dont know if you watched the same debate I did........

She wasnt mentioned that often actually

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Isn't it funny that the oldest white guy in the room appeals most to the kiddies? They must have serious grandpa issues or something.

Either that or they have the brains to want to vote for someone that actually wants to do something besides sucking up to the elite.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Arugh!!

You know what's funny?

So apparently this Megyn Kelly was the moderator or something. I wouldn't know because I couldn't get past Donald Trump as a Candidate.
But this Megyn Kelly is like the Tickle Me Elmo of the Presidential debate and I've never even saw here. Yet, you seem "surprised" there wasn't a real debate. Don't figure.

"Hahahaha hahahaha, that tickles. "

And the ever so controversial. "Hahahaha, hahahaha # Elmo" ....hey his words, not mine.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It isn't about liberal issues...

It's about DEBATING issues period. They didn't debate anything. They just talked about what they think, and tore each other apart. That's not a debate. That's a meet and greet, and a Q&A (questions and answers) session.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Arugh!!

Edit: I used to compete in debate tournaments in school -- this was not a LD or policy debate. It wasn't even some bastardized version of either!

And look at what the biggest thing to come out of last nights debate. Megan Kelly was mean to Trump.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It isn't about liberal issues...

It's about DEBATING issues period. They didn't debate anything. They just talked about what they think, and tore each other apart. That's not a debate. That's a meet and greet, and a Q&A (questions and answers) session.

Exactly. Anyone that pays attention could have predicted the questions and answers and this is not about finding which candidate fits the ideals of the American people. It about finding the most popular celebrity that can push the agenda while keeping the favor of the intended audience.

Nothing more than soap opera for the politically brainwashed.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

NameDrop

you don't think so ?

Politicians who were not on the stage were also mentioned plenty of times, especially Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton. The former secretary of State's name was dropped 18 times, while President Obama's name was invoked 13 times.

Former President Reagan also came up six times.

Thats a lot of time wasted on just bashing the other side.

I would love to see a debate ( on all sides )that does not involve bashing/putting down the opponet. Plain facts not he said/she said b.s.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
People must have never seen a real debate before. . .

This format could be modified to accommodate multiple debaters, as well as the topic. What I'm saying is the "flow" or format could be used. We would actually SEE what the candidates ideas are, hear the other rip them apart and suggest their own and vice versa.

This is a down and dirty overview:

And that, boys and girls is how true academics and educated people debate.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

People must have never seen a real debate before. . .

This format could be modified to accommodate multiple debaters, as well as the topic. What I'm saying is the "flow" or format could be used. We would actually SEE what the candidates ideas are, hear the other rip them apart and suggest their own and vice versa.

This is a down and dirty overview:

And that, boys and girls is how true academics and educated people debate.

They don't care how intelligent discourse is conducted. People want to hear buzzwords and propaganda to make themselves feel better and more secure in their ignorant beliefs.

Notice the topics last night?

That was an indication that the herd follows the predesignated line. They do and believe as they are told.
edit on 7-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Answering questions is not "debating".

It was just a promotional opportunity to talk about themselves and bash their opponents. It wasn't a "debate".

We haven't seen a debate by ANY politicians in a very, very long time. This includes Democrats. This isn't a partisan issue.

I just wish we'd see REAL debates again, from any politician.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I completely agree.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right. Meanwhile the planet's oceans -- starting with the west coast of the US -- are literally dying. That's an all around bummer, especially compared to the trivium discussed by the R's at their "debate."

Also, economic inequality is fairly huge right now. You probably haven't noticed, in which case -- congratulations! But a huge chunk of the middle class from the last 20 years are actually lower to mid working class now. And the folks below them on the food chain are really pissed off.

How long do you think the clown car can go on talking about Jesus, while acting like Mammon before they get called on it? ....because I didn't notice an actual savior in the group, last night, I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Daedal

He sounds about as relevant as Debbie Wasserman-Schultz getting upset that they somehow didn't relate every single issue back to women's health.

Please, every poll taken shows that Climate Change as an issue is about the least important thing in the list of priorities as far as the average American voter is concerned.

Doesn't sound like you know too many American voters.
Climate change is a big issue, student loan debt is a big issue so is Citizens United and I think everyone is concerned about the rich getting richer while the poor starve. People not interested in those things are not relevant.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Well, where is the Democratic debate? At least the Republicans tried.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I think they start in October.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

October 13 in Nevada

www.politico.com...

Now when is the Libertarian debates.

edit on 7-8-2015 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Loveaduck

a reply to: Daedal

He sounds about as relevant as Debbie Wasserman-Schultz getting upset that they somehow didn't relate every single issue back to women's health.

Please, every poll taken shows that Climate Change as an issue is about the least important thing in the list of priorities as far as the average American voter is concerned.

Doesn't sound like you know too many American voters.
Climate change is a big issue, student loan debt is a big issue so is Citizens United and I think everyone is concerned about the rich getting richer while the poor starve. People not interested in those things are not relevant.

Dang it, they are relevant, we call'em swing voters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join