It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LISTEN.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is something haunting me.

I dream weirdly of webs and spiders. Strange and alien and so ancient.

On one morning hence I sensed it crawling on my neck. Very real but I was struck unafraid and left me feeling funnily bemused as I removed it from my neck.

So I'm thinking that this is some kind of communication with the chaos spider goddess and I'm guessing it's Eris.
I am familiar with the many pagan, left-hand path and chaos information - just generally but I am active in basic levels of Chaos Magic.

?What do the rest of you think.

?Are there any seasonal pagan festives beginning soon.

edit on 7-8-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: missing word.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

"Chaos magic is an attitude, a philosophy that promotes experimentation, play, and creativity while discarding dogmatic rules. Chaos magic points out that the techniques more than the symbols are what matter and that our belief in a system is actually what makes it work."

I sometimes think we are all playing with a kind of chaos magic.

A friend of mine recently mentioned in a conversation that the universe just gives you more of what you are doing. Like we are continuing a bias confirmation as soon as we enter any kind of system of belief.

I've been floating around for while now not committing to any particular belief or system. I find no answer in this either. Are we just weaving a web to catch a certain kind of fly in our dream catcher?

There are many cultures that have the Spider woven into their folklore. Iktomi is a spider trickster spirit and culture hero with the Native American Lakota people. Anansi is the name of the African spider spirit of knowledge and stories.

I guess in this world it is take your pick. You will have your own interpretation. For sure it is a very ancient archetype with a myriad of meanings traditionally according to the individual culture.

edit on 7-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I can only relate in that not long ago i too had a similar dream. In my dream, i was walking around in my home and spiders were descending from the ceiling at every turn of the head. I looking at each one fairly up close as they were quite pretty. It seemed as If they were "dressed" in pure, frilly white. I don't remember anything else.
You mentioned "chaos." That goes right along with my life so you are likely onto a relative factor or...?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I love spiders and im cool with handling them
However when they get the drop on me they are going to die
I get it, you want to read along in my book, but dropping from the ceiling in front of my face is a deathwish
I dont like surprises
edit on 8-8-2015 by Elysian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
sounds a little like your subconscious mind
is trying to worn you of some thing.
some one a friend or more is trapping you?

new topics

top topics

join