It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police and Revenue Enhancement rebuttal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am reporting an accident and the resultant citation which I reacted to by going to court..
As an asshat, I have certainly had moments of extreme qualification for the role.

On June sixth I decided to visit my lady. While driving at 72 Mph on a sunny early afternoon, I lost control of my car. My car should not have been at fault mechanically. 2008 Corvette with nearly new brakes, Michelin Pilot Sports and 63,000 miles. (It was beautiful also.)

I ended up sliding into the cable barrier, immediately adjacent to the safety lane on I-75, which caught the front end and would not let go. My airbags did not deploy. I stopped in about 60 feet. Since I was going down the highway passenger side first, I was thrown over the 'hump' of the drivetrain and kept my butt in the seat by seatbelt. I have no recollection of what happened. One I was not able to see anything after contacting the cable and secondly because it happened SO fast.

The bottom cable ended up on the front of the struts where my windshield had been the other two cables broke my windows and lexan (glass to some) top, thus entering the vehicle. When I sat back up those two cables rested on my head rest. If I had been sitting up, I would only have been able to talk through my butt. Really.

The car was adjudged totaled.

After being congratulated on being REALLY, REALLY LUCKY or blessed by every emergency responder, the Florida Highway Trooper gave me a ticket for not using due care. I asked him why he was 'awarding' a citation. His reply, "It's policy." While very unhappy with this crappy statement, you don't shoot the messenger. So I went to court.

I did not want to pay $166 and collect three points with insurance implications besides the crap fest of replacing a car.

In court the traffic judge of course took all the important people first. You know the ones either represented by lawyers and not present or having lawyers and being present. After the Hearing Officer called me after mispronouncing my name, I walked toward the podium. BEFORE I even reached that spot, the cop who issued the ticket came up at a near run (honest), to announce there were no witnesses to this alleged transgression. The Hearing Officer IMMEDIATELY stated the charge was dismissed.

This is a conspiracy site. This is a conspiracy. They hope that the ticket goes unchallenged. They all hope that they get the money. The Insurance Industry profits by being able to raise rates on a spurious driving infraction. The trooper gets his quota, the state and local governments get cash and your financial pummeling (ALL of us) continues unabated.

It's time to respond to all infringements perpetuated by a system dependent on complacency.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

Clearly, the citation was for your safety.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I have had tickets issued that actually were based on even grater stupidity but nobody stated that it was because of "policy".

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Since you are driving a Corvette you are obviously a wealthy Kulak Pay the ticket Ms. moneybags. Your obviously a danger to all of your fellow citizens. They should take your license and make you ride a donkey. (LOL!)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Do cops have a quota? Of course they do!

top topics

join