It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dust

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I just finished dusting, and I can't even put across in words how much I hate dust! There is just no stopping it, I dust every other day, vacuum, and still it's there gathering hour by hour. Worse in the summer because I have to have the windows open. I want to live in a dust free zone, I want the impossible!

Dust, I #ing hate you!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Dude... Growing up we lived on a dirt road! My mom is a boarder line ocd. We had to dust everyday. It was like those old dust bowl pics you see in national geographic, especially in the summer.

Ok maybe that dust bowl part was a tad bit exaggerated lol. But not by much.

But seriously, do you have a central air system? If so invest in good filters, and just run the unit in fan mode a few hours a day.

We're not the only ones...swiffer has build an empire from the ongoing dust battle.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ahh yes dust. The scurge of black furniture. A pain in the butt a reply to: valiant

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Lol, everything turns to dust. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust. Who knows what that dust was before, how many transformations it has undergone and what it will yet become?

The vacuum cleaner is just a stage of its long existence.

We know it as particles from the air, some of which may ne from burnt up rocks in the atmosphere (literally space dust), flakes of skin from us, plaster and paint dust, dust blown from the fields. Check the composition and the transformations each constituent has gone through. Endless!

Ultimately, it is all star dust! And I give you a star.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

LOL..
I don't ever dust..
Windows open.. Cause ef it's hot here.. it was flirting with a hundred yesterday I think?

but anyway. I guess I'm just dirty.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Grrr…

I live 50 yards from a main stream freeway. For trees we have Prolific Pollen Pines and shed every season Eucalyptuses, and the leaf blowing gardeners that stir all the settled dust, billowing again and agin.

Black, milled carbon from 6 lanes of traffic, yellow snow from the trees and blower blown top soil during drought that settles on everything.

choking in megalopolis…

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Wetpaint72

I'm in the UK, air con is practically non existent here!

I'm picturing scenes from interstellar of your home right now. I would go insane living next to a dirt road lol I swear!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

I have dark taste, and have all black or dark furniture, I don't help myself there lol

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Now that is a post worthy of more than a star, what a finishing line!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Reverbs what the hell? lol

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

How are you still breathing right?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I swear I'm not kidding when I say you could taste it. Lol
You could see it billow up beneath the tires as cars passed by the house, it was a dust tidel wave headed right for us.

Ahhh.....memories.

Do you have a fan...like a box fan? Window fan? If so you can put a filter on those as well.

edit on 7-8-2015 by Wetpaint72 because: Oops

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I grew up hippie.. That's what the hell.
I clean up (outward appearances[not my mind]) for the sake of other's,
but you know there is something to be said for never getting sick..

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Here's a tip-Don't adopt a cat.

The repeat offender is sleeping beside me and no matter how many times I brush it there is still hair everywhere-If I sheared it I could make a sweater.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Wetpaint72

Mate, you are gonna give me nightmares, if I ever start tasting it, that's it, am frigging done! lol

I have a desk fan, that's about it, I have thought about getting a couple of mini air filters, but from what I have read they are pointless when it comes to dust.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Your parents are Hippies?

I'd never tell another how to live!

I rarely get sick either, well physically!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I have a Dog, which can also get messy!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: intrptr

How are you still breathing right?

I used to live under bridges so I got that built up immunity… (tongue in cheek emoticon)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

Your parents are Hippies?

I'd never tell another how to live!

I rarely get sick either, well physically!

I think for their honeymoon after eloping they hitchhiked across the country with $0 and camped in state parks.. Met up with someone in california with some stuff.. So.. Lol.. I didn't figure it out because all their friends were vegetarian organic lesbian farmers... So..

To this day if I sense someone is too normal I am a bit put off. Of course even with your incessant dusting, you are far from "normal"

I am glad you qualified your last statement. Cause I was about to call you out..
edit on 7-8-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Be a fella and it is proven we don't notice it as much.
Problem solved.
Ignore it.
Lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join