It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Play a Little Game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
Couch potato problem = you're not here to stagnate watching morally devoid television. You're here to get your work done (hopefully have fun along the way) and improve as a conscious entity.

Your words:

People don't need express spiritual pursuits to spiritually advance.

In the 17th century people weren't largely exposed to the morally corrpting influences that inundate many cultures today. People generally lived wholesome lives as best they could given the circumstances... and while that's largely the same case today, the attendant cultural milieu of gross influences is far more prevalent and virulent.

Way to contradict yourself so which is it "largely the same case today" or "far more prevalent and virulent"?

That's if we are to believe that it even makes a difference.

Regarding whether the school of light knows what it's doing, that's a fair criticism. I personally believe this current ruleset we're using for the simulation is causing far more suffering than is necessary for spirits to properly evolve.

What do you know? You don't even have all your memories. You are a hall monitor at best.

In general I'm in favor of stepping in a lot sooner to provide corrective influence to planets that aren't ascending on schedule. But many amongst the heavyweight powers in the "school of light" (I like it) believe that we should first allow the simulation to self-correct before inserting angelic presence into worlds for purpose of providing hands-on correction.

Or you have no idea what it's all about.

Life at the higher levels of reality is a philosophy game more than anything else--everyone has a slew of opinions on what serves the greatest good.

Wouldn't this mean that the whole light/dark pov is overstated by people who want to pretend that they are angels?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Way to contradict yourself so which is it "largely the same case today" or "far more prevalent and virulent"?

What do you know? You don't even have all your memories. You are a hall monitor at best.

Or you have no idea what it's all about.

Wouldn't this mean that the whole light/dark pov is overstated by people who want to pretend that they are angels?

There's no contradiction, but perhaps I wasn't clear. I'm saying that people in both the 17th century and today come down and live lives that are handed to them (hopefully as best as possible), but because of the additional corruptive influences present today, those latter spirits come back unevolved or devolved from their state pre-incarnation.

I'm a little higher in the echelons than a hall-monitor, but I'll gladly take the insult.

In truth I feel more like Batman--I'm currently having a bit of an existential crisis based on whether the number of people who get psychically/physically hurt as collateral damage during this incarnation justifies the amount of good I'll accomplish while here.

In order to make this line work I had to put myself in weird situations--and whilst we checked in advance whether the recipients of those harms would karmically deserve the punishments meted out, I don't like seeing myself as some celestial arm of justice.

On the rather I'd much prefer living a life of complete peace where nothing and no one is injured, so maybe I'll ask for a demotion to hall-monitor when I get back.

Regarding whether I know what's going on--I know a little.

Regarding people pretending to be angels--I'm all for it. People imagining themselves to be emissaries of light and love have a concerted motive to act in benevolent fashion towards all. Act like you're an angel and you just might end up getting the job.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

There's no contradiction, but perhaps I wasn't clear. I'm saying that people in both the 17th century and today come down and live lives that are handed to them (hopefully as best as possible), but because of the additional corruptive influences present today, those latter spirits come back unevolved or devolved from their state pre-incarnation.

You know it doesn't have to be 17th century. How about during the 80's? Better yet the 60's. No I know the roaring 20's. Lots of hedonism going on then. Why didn't the army of light step in then?

Maybe because that isn't their purpose.

I'm a little higher in the echelons than a hall-monitor, but I'll gladly take the insult.

Sure you are.

In truth I feel more like Batman--I'm currently having a bit of an existential crisis based on whether the number of people who get psychically/physically hurt as collateral damage during this incarnation justifies the amount of good I'll accomplish while here.

In order to make this line work I had to put myself in weird situations--and whilst we checked in advance whether the recipients of those harms would karmically deserve the punishments meted out, I don't like seeing myself as some celestial arm of justice.

On the rather I'd much prefer living a life of complete peace where nothing and no one is injured, so maybe I'll ask for a demotion to hall-monitor when I get back.

Regarding whether I know what's going on--I know a little.

Yeah there are a lot of us that experience stuff and then find new age type descriptions attractive. Doesn't mean that they are correct.

Just so you know, before you shoot back that you are not a new ager, new agers have said everything you are saying before you did.

Regarding people pretending to be angels--I'm all for it. People imagining themselves to be emissaries of light and love have a concerted motive to act in benevolent fashion towards all. Act like you're an angel and you just might end up getting the job.

I meant that you are just pretending.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hedonism is as old as is the so called civilization all the way from Sumerians to life today. Hedonism in old days was nothing shameful and pretty much a common practise specially in lives of elites. Merovingians were polygamists and so were early Carolingians. Men married their sisters and even daughters/granddaughters.
Ancient Heruli ( religion Arianism ) practiced warrior homosexuality and so were told to happened among ancient Creece too, Alexander Great etc.
In influence of Christianity hedonism was banned and was not so tolerated, still among of elite Kings etc history is full of hedonistic rulers. In ancient rome homosexuality was not banned and some of elite men took even young boys as a sex partners.
So how this world we live now is more corrupt than life of ancients ?

Our ethics have evolved and we have learnt right from wrong.. isn´t that how it should be ?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Hedonism is as old as is the so called civilization all the way from Sumerians to life today. Hedonism in old days was nothing shameful and pretty much a common practise specially in lives of elites. Merovingians were polygamists and so were early Carolingians. Men married their sisters and even daughters/granddaughters.
Ancient Heruli ( religion Arianism ) practiced warrior homosexuality and so were told to happened among ancient Creece too, Alexander Great etc.
In influence of Christianity hedonism was banned and was not so tolerated, still among of elite Kings etc history is full of hedonistic rulers. In ancient rome homosexuality was not banned and some of elite men took even young boys as a sex partners.
So how this world we live now is more corrupt than life of ancients ?

Our ethics have evolved and we have learnt right from wrong.. isn´t that how it should be ?

Interesting points.

But it begs the question: Have our ethics evolved?

Whereas once hedonism was something for the "elites," now it exists as a common diversion amongst the masses.

You point out a lot of good examples of weird times throughout history, but isn't today one of the weirdest times of all?

For not only can one still engage in hedonistic activities, one can attain vicarious access unto them through a variety of mediums. Television is filled with nothing but sex and violence. Movies are much the same.

And the internet... yikes. Whereas long ago now one might engage in incest or polygamy, now with a few clicks of the mouse anyone can get access to things a billion times grosser than that.

As opposed to saying our ethics have evolved, I'd rather say our tolerance for grossness has increased. Our senses have been dulled with proximity to weirdness, because we're exposed to it on a daily basis.

And now, because we've grown used to this as the new normal, we're caught in the spiritual morass we're in.

(Note also: this is part of the problem. Because people have been normalized to this state of affairs, it no longer registers as weird/gross. Instead it seems totally normal. Yikes.)
edit on 7-8-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
You know it doesn't have to be 17th century. How about during the 80's? Better yet the 60's. No I know the roaring 20's. Lots of hedonism going on then. Why didn't the army of light step in then?

Maybe because that isn't their purpose.

Angelic intervention rarely occurs en masse until the scales tip pretty far out of balance.

During the 80s the influx of celestial avengers arriving unto this world had already begun.

Even throughout the 60s the process had already started (and unfortunately failed)... the counterculture movement of the 1960s was supposed to succeed admirably and result in lasting change.

Back in the 1920s things weren't nearly as bad as they are today.

Regarding the rest of your post, we can play "yes I am; no you aren't" games all day long. But that probably doesn't make for a thread as interesting as it could be if you asked some serious questions and let this celestial drama unfold.
edit on 7-8-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Understanding idolism, rulers have always been idols to the rest of the people. What is accepted behavior to the ruler most likely were common practise among the commoners too. History and the main figures which have stories written down pretty much reflects the way of life, only that commoners stories are not registered.

Yes internet is a mess that is today. Still doesn´t exclude the fact that we have the understanding of right and wrong and those weirdos who does that wrong, doesn´t involve whole nation. We see this coming out as they are media hooks and media knows that people reads them and it brings them money. Media is all about competition and money. Media still is not all of us.

Hollywood has taught us a lot what is gross.. still media. We have learnt quick life, and more we see more we tolerate and take it but majority of people do not behave what media shows us in their own lives. We still know right and wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Angelic intervention rarely occurs en masse until the scales tip pretty far out of balance.

During the 80s the influx of celestial avengers arriving unto this world had already begun.

Even throughout the 60s the process had already started (and unfortunately failed)... the counterculture movement of the 1960s was supposed to succeed admirably and result in lasting change.

Back in the 1920s things weren't nearly as bad as they are today.

Seems to be your stock excuse.

Regarding the rest of your post, we can play "yes I am; no you aren't" games all day long.

This is ATS. we are playing "yes I am; prove it" or at least "yes I am; make a good arguement why we should believe you".

But that probably doesn't make for a thread as interesting as it could be if you asked some serious questions and let this celestial drama unfold.

There is nothing interesting about light and love threads unless someone starts challanging the claims. Otherwise it's just a bunch of "That resonates", "love and light" and "namastes" thrown around.

edit on 7-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Understanding idolism, rulers have always been idols to the rest of the people. What is accepted behavior to the ruler most likely were common practise among the commoners too. History and the main figures which have stories written down pretty much reflects the way of life, only that commoners stories are not registered.

Yes internet is a mess that is today. Still doesn´t exclude the fact that we have the understanding of right and wrong and those weirdos who does that wrong, doesn´t involve whole nation. We see this coming out as they are media hooks and media knows that people reads them and it brings them money. Media is all about competition and money. Media still is not all of us.

Hollywood has taught us a lot what is gross.. still media. We have learnt quick life, and more we see more we tolerate and take it but majority of people do not behave what media shows us in their own lives. We still know right and wrong.

I'm with you on that, and I appreciate your optimistic attitude.

But what of the idols of today?

Few athletes/television figures/movie stars/politicians/businessmen/or other leaders are good role models for children. Few embody any virtues I'd want teach to any kids I'd raise.

Regarding whether the average person knows right from wrong, I'd argue that a lot of moral compasses are misaligned. And again the root of that can be traced back to our "leaders."

When you've got a Congress immune from insider trading laws, when you've got a government rife with constant scandals, when you've got a societal infrastructure that's come to accept endless war as a given--something is drastically wrong in this world.

Of course I'm talking America, here--but what part of the world is immune from this strange devolution in morality and this inexplicable acceptance of the uncouth.

The average person has the power to change the world through social media and activism. But most are too wrapped up in petty concerns over which team threw the ball best and whether they'll be promoted at work to ever put forth the time/energy into catalyzing those changes.

That's what worries me most--we've got the technology to reshape this world towards the light. And people are still sitting on couches unwilling to stand up and demand change.

That's why there's an exodus of incarnate angels moving towards awakening the population. Humanity unleashed is a force that can move mountains.

Soon, soon--we'll help that sleeping giant awaken.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Responsibility of learning right and wrong stands with parents. So the question is are today´s parents doing the job right.. i believe most of us parents do have rules in home and guide our offspring. Do we love our kids?.. most of us do. Guiding is showing care and love.

Yes i am not american but i have been there and seen the life there. I believe american problems are with big cities, people are not good at making true friendships and relationships which stays. But i would not throw towel to the ring yet, there are still honest caring and loving people there too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join