It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Coast Guard Busts Drug Submarine, Seizes $181M Worth of Cocaine (16,000 lbs)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

The US authorities probably have so much in warehouses that they couldn't take it all until some more product is moved. The CIA needs to get back to work.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
GREAT!....

....There goes my weekend...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: rexsblues

Well at least American authorities are a little more rational when they value it. $181 million @ 1200 pounds turns out to be $33US a gram, still probably a little overpriced for bulk price, considering 1 gram apparently only sells for $80 over there at street level.

If it was in Australia, they'd call it 1.9AU billion dollars worth, or 1.4US billion dollars worth, since a gram sells here for $350AU (or $258US). Those custom Nazis don't mess around downunder, they'll do ya at street level prices every time!

Who the hell would pay $300 a gram? You guys are retarded....Just plan a trip to America, you can usually get hooked up for $40 or so....Or so I hear

Yeah, don't worry mate, I'm planning my trip to the states. Drive down highway 66 in a Mustang and visit Disneyland and all that nonsense.

But anyway... I suppose the result of having the highest minimum wage in the world, is morons paying a fortune in whatever it is there looking for.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
LOL, they are taking the CIA's coke, and saying it improves security in America. How's that for special?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Well you know it's still going to end up on the street once the feds get at it. F the war on drugs.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
mods, why does the word "coc aine" appear with this odd gap?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
mods, why does the word "coc aine" appear with this odd gap?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I don't know, honestly...but i would guess to keep search engines from picking up that as a keyword while crawling.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/7/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
one day these cartels will have a real submarine that stays below the surface and will run battery power as t get close to the US Shore these semi submersibles have come and gone and they are being caught a Full submarine is what they will do next.
and the coastguard will have to track that. maybe something from ww2 .

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hm, well someone wasn't paying the IRS their cut...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobw927
one day these cartels will have a real submarine that stays below the surface and will run battery power as t get close to the US Shore these semi submersibles have come and gone and they are being caught a Full submarine is what they will do next.
and the coastguard will have to track that. maybe something from ww2 .

Believe it or not, years of the cold war with Russia have left us with all kinds of neat technology to track submarines.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bobw927

what happens when they figure out how to get to an inland lake using an aquifer and a submarine?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
just giving a thought.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobw927
just giving a thought.

and it isn't far fetched.

ask yourself this: why does the navy have a base of operations in the middle of the Nevada desert? Perhaps there are ways to get from the ocean to deep inland lakes.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Or maybe the Navy needs to test equipment in a safe location that doesn't require water...?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Actually there's an extremely deep lake there. That's home to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center. It's where they tested the scale mockups of the Ohio and LA during their development, and where they still test torpedo upgrades and other things.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

So they can test things without giving anyone the opportunity to sneak in and get a signature during testing when a prototype isn't as quiet.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So they can test things without giving anyone the opportunity to sneak in and get a signature during testing when a prototype isn't as quiet.

Aww, c'mon....this is a conspiracy site afterall!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You should see their armory. It goes for miles, nothing but bunkers.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

U.S. Coast Guard was 200 miles south of Mexico, how's that work exaclty, anybody know?

That is a good question. I been on these drug interventions that go all the way to bottom of South America. These drug boats are actually going across to Africa then on to Europe and I asked them about the legal jurisdiction and it is something hazy in the international seaman's code....

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

U.S. Coast Guard was 200 miles south of Mexico, how's that work exaclty, anybody know?

That is a good question. I been on these drug interventions that go all the way to bottom of South America. These drug boats are actually going across to Africa then on to Europe and I asked them about the legal jurisdiction and it is something hazy in the international seaman's code....

In this case it was a Navy air patrol that detected it and sent the Coast Guard to intercept it. However the Coast Guard does do joint patrols and operate out of ports across Central and South America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join