It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspectors Find Violations at Four of 16 Planned Parenthood Clinics in Florida

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Maybe you didn't purposely miss the point. Allow me to clarify.

The study you quoted found that 54% of women having abortions had used contraceptives sometime during the month they got pregnant. The study says those contraceptives are "usually condoms or the pill."

Contraceptives must be used responsibly in order to be effective. Wearing a condom on August 3 will not prevent a pregnancy on August 10. Taking the pill less often than prescribed will not prevent one, either.

So if the 54% had properly used contraception every time they had sex (or took the pill every day), why didn't the study say so?

The truth is most of these people did not responsibly use contraceptives. Sure, there is a failure rate with any contraceptive, but these are the risks that come with adult activities...
edit on 15-8-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

A woman doesn't take the pill every day of the month, by design. Condoms break. Some people are misinformed as to how to properly use various methods of contraception.

Most women don't know the exact day that they got pregnant. So, the question isn't "Were you using contraception when you got pregnant?" It's "Did you use contraception during the month of your conception?"

The point is, contraception isn't 100%. Accidents happen. Mistakes happen. Ignorance happens.

It seems that you're trying to qualify who should and who should not be allowed to get an abortion based on your knowledge of their contraception habits.

You seem to think that some women don't deserve to get abortions, while others maybe do.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The only qualification I am trying to make is in regard to proper use of contraceptives.

If I use a condom 99% of the time when I have sex, I can't blame condoms when that 1% results in an unwanted pregnancy.

The study you are siting found that 54% of women who have abortions used a contraceptive at some point during the month they got pregnant. It did not say those people used contraceptives every time they had sex.

That's why it does not indicate that 54% of abortions happen because of failed contraceptives.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Here ya go!

RESULTS: Forty-six percent of women had not used a contraceptive method in the month they conceived, mainly because of perceived low risk of pregnancy and concerns about contraception (cited by 33% and 32% of nonusers, respectively).

The male condom was the most commonly reported method among all women (28%), followed by the pill (14%).

Inconsistent method use was the main cause of pregnancy for 49% of condom users and 76% of pill users; 42% of condom users cited condom breakage or slippage as a reason for pregnancy.

Substantial proportions of pill and condom users indicated perfect method use (13-14%).

As many as 51,000 abortions were averted by use of emergency contraceptive pills in 2000.

CONCLUSIONS: Women and men need accurate information about fertility cycles and about the risk of pregnancy when a contraceptive is not used or is used imperfectly. Increased use of emergency contraceptive pills could further reduce levels of unintended pregnancy and abortion.
www.guttmacher.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Wardaddy454

It's been proven that the tapes were spliced and edited to make it seem something else was going on. FACT!

Also, the videos don't show any money being exchanged and there is no such paper trail of foul play.

Planned Parenthood is doing nothing illegal. Fetal donation and fetal stem cell research are legitimate business transactions.

Educate yourself and get over it!

Darn good editing job to include that part about buying a Lamborghini.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Inconsistent method use was the main cause of pregnancy for 49% of condom users and 76% of pill users; 42% of condom users cited condom breakage or slippage as a reason for pregnancy.

haha from your own source

You do actually read your sources dont you? its exactly what the other posters have been trying to tell you

It appears comprehension is an issue

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

edit on 16-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: Wardaddy454

It's been proven that the tapes were spliced and edited to make it seem something else was going on. FACT!

Also, the videos don't show any money being exchanged and there is no such paper trail of foul play.

Planned Parenthood is doing nothing illegal. Fetal donation and fetal stem cell research are legitimate business transactions.

Educate yourself and get over it!

Darn good editing job to include that part about buying a Lamborghini.

Tell ya what......

When you see a Planned Parenthood staff member drivng around in a new Lamborghini, I'll eat my words, or lick the screen, or something....

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Simmderdown

UH?

Math not your strong point? If 54% percent of women get pregnant having utilized birth control, that means 46%, give or take, of women getting pregnant are not having protected, "safe sex".

DUH!

wow ive never met someone who could read something so straight forward and pull out the complete opposite of what was said, so consistently

It said right there in your source the issue with them not being consistent

Christ on a Cracker

Source: "The Sky is blue, and the sun is hot!"

Windword: " Thats IT! Proof! I knew Milk was bad for you!"

Thats really how bad you are at comprehending what you read

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

You're right. Sorry. I just got home after drivng for 2 1/2 hours.

I read your post wrong. CROSS EYED

I'll edit my post.

Happy?

edit on 16-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join