It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculate on VP choices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have begun to wonder who the Vice President's will be. Who do you all think would be a good choice for VPOTUS? I think Trump would pick another "business man or woman". But beyond that I do not have a clue.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

GOP...Trump

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Well what would you consider to be the qualifications for a VP. In the past, often times the VP''s only job was to parade around acting like a moron to deflect attention from the president. In Bush's case the need was for a strong authoritarian VP because Bush was the moron and needed very close handling.

So we gotta break it down. What kind of VP would Hillary need? As I do not see her as a moron, I would say she would need a moron VP.
Bernie? I would say he would have as his VP a very strong woman, maybe Warren.

And the repubs? Ah let me think here. Anyone but Palin. If she ever gets picked again, well, what a statement that would be on the part of the repubs as to the state of their party.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Walker will be somewhere in the mix....with the 900million of Koch's money behind him...he even has a shot at the POTUS.

But I can guarantee that it will be someone favorable to the military industrial complex; setting us up for the next war.

It's an old pattern....
edit on 6-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Col. Allen Wst
Dr. Ben Carson
Gov. Sarah Palin
Rep. Bernie Sanders

My contenders for GOP VP's.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

What's the News? Why is this in Breaking News?

I think Bernie will choose Jo Biden!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I do think Clinton would want someone to her political left so Warren or Sanders would be her choices. These two can run and possibly win in there own right. If Sanders does defeat Clinton I see his best chance picking Clinton, or if he decided to go all left wing he would pick Warren.

I think its safe to say that the VP nod on the republican side would be some one already in the running. If Trump wins the speculation around Palin would make for some interesting news cycles, but I bet he would go for the next candidate with the highest polling numbers. I think Bush or Trump would chose Rubio.

I think the new silent majority is going to come to vote in full force, I don't think the GOP has a prayer to win. I think the idea preached for so many decade that liberal and progressives are evil is gonna really bite em hard as I see the country shifting to the left. Hannities "Conservatism is the wave of the future" or whatever he says is laughable, as right now our country doesn't need the status quo, it needs to change and adapt, and the people want it now. Even dumbed down America knows and lives this everyday.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

About the only thing Biden is good for is assassination insurance.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
On the GOP side, I think Fiorina is angling hard for that GOP VP slot. I'm not sure she'll make it though I'd like to see her on the ticket. If the establishment gets its way, there will likely be either a Cruz or Rubio for the Hispanic vote which is pure pandering no matter how much I like either of them.

On the Dem side, if Sanders doesn't get the nom, he's pulling too much support to ignore. So I see him gaining the VP at least.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It doesn't matter on the GOP side. Every candidate acts and believes the same as any other, so it just comes down to popularity. I hope Palin is not considered because she is bat# crazy and only serves as eye-candy for desperate old Republicans.

I also don't like Ben Carson. I don't trust a man that looks stoned all of the time. Perhaps he's been writing his own prescriptions?

As far as the Dems, that's a tough call. If Bernie doesn't get the nod, I'd like to see him in there for VP, but I don't know about any other Dem that sticks out.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
VP will come from a state that is in play with big electoral votes. Pennsylvania or Ohio or Florida would be my best guess at this point. #1 Ohio.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

What's the News? Why is this in Breaking News?

I think Bernie will choose Jo Biden!

I was wondering if he would go Elizabeth Warren, but yes he may do Joe Biden

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
One thing I can guarantee, Trump will be no one's VP. There's no way in hell his ego would tolerate that.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko I could see Trump asking Karly to be the VP. That would be two business people at the very top. I see Palin in the Cabinet someplace.

edit on 8 6 2015 by Ceeker63 because: Added a thought.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Oh I don't think they'd put her on the cabinet either although they might talk about doing it to make heads explode.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: ketsuko I could see Trump asking Karly to be the VP. That would be two business people at the very top. I see Palin in the Cabinet someplace.

Trump has a legitimate business record. Karly doesn't, she cratered what was one of the leading technology companies in the world, then got paid an exorbitant sum to let the company fire her and try to recover. Plus, two business people isn't a very diverse ticket.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

About the only thing Biden is good for is assassination insurance.

Just the opposite. If someone wants to hurt the country they'll get Biden into office. He's assassination incentive.

As far as the VP goes, I can't name any names but here's what each needs:
Kasich - Someone with a good economics background
Trump - Someone with foreign policy experience
Paul - Someone mainstream
Bush - Someone to pander to voters, preferably closer to center
Rubio - Foreign policy
Walker - Business background
Cruz - Nothing could help him
edit on 7-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

top topics

join