It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers discover humongous structure one-ninth the size of the observable universe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Yes, there have been and still are quite a few theories about the universe.

The closed one is where it will eventually reverse and collapse.
The open where it will expand forever.
The flat universe where it will gradually slow its expansion but never reach a zero expansion point.
Then we have the idea of the bouncing universe, which collapses then re-expands.
And the steady state which means it never really changes from a viewpoint, just rejuvenates itself and has no beginning and no end.
And these are just the historically very common ones lololol.

edit on 6-8-2015 by Jonjonj because: grammar

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Is it Kim Kardashian's arse?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Amazing these scientists always are finding out things that demonstrate they really don't know much of anything!

If we knew everything, there wouldn't be any need for science.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This reminded me of a few youtube videos I have seen.

This from 2010.

And a more recent expansion on the topic, still from 2014.

I am sure there are a post or two on ATS, but I am too lazy to search.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
heres the truth.... the appearance of the Universe from the view of an outside viewer....

the Universe in 3D resembles a popped kernel of corn

the more holes and arms on the matrix of corn the better, oh the popped kernel should be at least 10X bigger than the pre-popped hard kernel

lay out a grid work of 20 rows and 20 tiers of popped corn (any brand will do)
the huge- kernels with voids in 2 or 3 places in the structure will be pretty similar to the shape of this observable Universe

have a good day in this adventure as you consume worlds !

one of these days I will buy some microwave popcorn, cook it and select a few examples that night replicate these super-structures the theorists insist they see...

the Big-Bang is when the cosmic kernel of corn went into the 'inflation stage'
edit on th31143890297006162015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: Xcathdra

Pretend to go.....

They went, but gave us studio footage instead, to conceal why they were going and what they were upto...

Anywho here is a pic of the OP's monstrous Galaxy (Well an illustration)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
In ancient times we had in Hindu astronomy, nine planetary Gods.

- Sun
- Moon
- Mars
- Mercury
- Jupiter
- Venus
- Saturn

And Two demons in Rahu and Kethu

Kethu comets
And Rahu symbolism of Buddha, Mercury but his dark side.

Science is religion, religion is moral and ethics, moral and ethics is what we call a human.

This time, God is in that corner of space.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No that isn't GOD.

According to their 'guess' and that is what it is but they call it 'science'.

Mans knowledge is still very much infinitesimal compared to what's is really out there.

Warp speed isn't even gonna cut it.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If i told you theology and Science was once the one and the same.

This is what is gonna be worshiped as a deity. Its called the Navagraha.

The monotheistic ways of a dogma is over. Science is god.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think it is a Type IV Civilization

Type I: a Type I civilization controls the resources of an entire planet (weather and earthquake control, plus exploration of an entire solar system).

Type II: a Type II civilization controls and directly uses the power of its sun and begins to colonize nearby star systems.

Type III: a Type III civilization controls and uses the power of an entire galaxy.

Type IV: Type IV is the larger, cosmic commonality, the generic "civilization" of which aliens speak. Type IV civilization utilizes negative and alternate cycles of hyperspace in order to reach back and through all intelligent life forms to preserve the peace and secure the most enduring inter-alien ecology. Type IV civilization is able to exceed technology and can resonate in the very nature of phenomena surrounding us. Presumably, this is more noticeable on a galaxy supercluster scale yet extends into all surrounding communities[3].

Type V: a greater type V population is so advanced that it is (or was) able to hyper-dimension from a previous universe cycle into the current one via alternate cycle gravitic resonance that can be effected in ± light speed ways (this isn’t as complex as it sounds). Type V populations resemble Type IV populations but are of longer duration and have a deeper awareness of the continuum. Some can be so advanced that they inter-dimension with aliens originating among a succession, or continuity, of previous universe cycles. Nonetheless, a kind of mortality and larger, alternate-cycle conservations exist therein.

so ya thats why there are 9 galaxies close together

fyi: aliens exist

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagitaris

Aw man, no further comments.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagitaris

Or it could be a 'colonial' type civilization that built machines to do their labor for them.

Then they turned on their creators, and whiped out the '12' colonies then the survivors ran,ran,ran until they came to 'earth'.

LOL.

'Peaceful' aliens.

Hell as someone said aliens exist of that I have no doubt.

It would be like they are the Europeans, and we're the Indians.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Does anyone have info on scientology?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This thread never had a chance.

Where is Jadestar when we need her?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
And think just how big the Black Hole in the center is!!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I knew it!
We're in a fish tank and that huge structure is one of the walls.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
How long will it take for us to prove that the universe is infinite, in both directions?
We always discover structures larger than was thought and smaller as well. You have to change your scale in both directions to see the structure. As such, you can never reach the tip of a perfect pyramid as you have to reduce your scale to see the next structure, which always looks like it comes to a point.

A mind boggle of the first order, since we always seek to find the beginning and end of everything.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The structure is 1/9th the size of the observable universe... Answers my question. Its only about 3 billion LY from earth.

Astronomers discover humongous structure one-ninth the size of the observable universe

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: iFloButta
Everyone should read the comments from the source website. Lots of questions and answers discussed over there.
including the observable universe being 250x smaller than the unobservable because of expansion and the restriction of the speed of light.

Once you get past the God/no God arguments.. I found the most interesting comment was if intelligent forces were at work in creating this super structure.

RoG™3 hours ago

It was organized by a super advanced race. A kind of gated community for the Universe's elite species.

Just_a_Guy_Named_Joe  - reply to - RoG™3 hours ago Yeah, but what if you're right? A super-advanced race that wants to beam out a message to the universe? That message being "We are here, we are here, we are here..." 9 simultaneous GRBs from 9 gravitationally locked galaxies could not be a coincidence. But it could be a messsage....
...cue Twilight Zone theme....

Those comments are great. We need more people to think outside of the box when it comes to advanced civilizations.

Most people seem to think intelligent aliens would be some form of humanoid primates that use technologies that we'd understand. But in reality, they'd probably be so advanced we wouldn't even recognize their doings. Kind of like how an ant wouldn't realize the effort or technology that goes into making a smart electric grid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join