It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Koch calls for unity against 'corporate welfare'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Here we have the left's Boogie-Man saying publicly precisely what the left has been saying for years..

A 'conversation' can't even begin until the LEFT finally admits that ALL social programs are corporate welfare.

I am trying hard to find sense in this statement? Perhaps you mean that the growing slave class needs to be fed by government to be productive to corporations? Or perhaps you mean that food stamps etc. subsidize corporations indirectly in affording them the ability not pay people a living wage? If so, then we might agree there...raise the minimum wage for the millions of working poor and shift the expense to the corporations where it belongs.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It's the "Luxemburg" conspiracy !!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

...raise the minimum wage for the millions of working poor and shift the expense to the corporations where it belongs.

Yep!

That.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

ya know what, xuen? I'm about at the point of simply skipping right over your "posts."
The multiple-laughy-face habit and the "subtle" one-liner negativity are just not working for me.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

But the "Luxemburg" conspiracy is real.

Koch Industries might be part of it.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Provide some links, sources, and references and tie it all together, then.
Please.

Teach someone on here what the reality is, rather than just spitting on everyone.... Please.

edit on 8/6/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
...raise the minimum wage for the millions of working poor and shift the expense to the corporations where it belongs.

Its more like "raise the minimum wage and consume more of the poor".

All that will do is take anyone making less than $15/hr and put them in the classification of "poor". Meanwhile, the Treasury Department will see an enormous windfall. They are the only "winners". Not you, or i, or that dude sacking groceries as a second job.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Well you did pretty good exposing some of it....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I disagree and if need be the tax code could use a major overhaul anyways.

There was a time in this country when a Blue Collar job could raise a family and even give the kids a shot at college.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Welfare money is spent on corporate products. That is why "all welfare is corporate welfare"

Welfare is a trap, just like the minimum wage. The poorest class in the West lives better than the richest class did before the Industrial Revolution.

Taxes and regulations have sickened capitalism like a wasting disease. Welfare and the minimum wage are opium and nothing else.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Here we have the left's Boogie-Man saying publicly precisely what the left has been saying for years..

A 'conversation' can't even begin until the LEFT finally admits that ALL social programs are corporate welfare.

I agree so lets go back to government bread, government cheese and government canned foods. Deal?
It was not the 99% that have no political power that quit those programs let me tell you.

www.wsmv.com...
Fast food giant lobbies for food stamps

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I disagree and if need be the tax code could use a major overhaul anyways.

There was a time in this country when a Blue Collar job could raise a family and even give the kids a shot at college.

NWO Style Globalism killed that where the country, nation and its people no longer matter regardless of the Constitution.
Except we can bring up the Constitution if it "our corporate" interests are being attacked on the other side of the planet.
edit on 6-8-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

Welfare money is spent on corporate products. That is why "all welfare is corporate welfare"

Welfare is a trap, just like the minimum wage. The poorest class in the West lives better than the richest class did before the Industrial Revolution.

Tell that to increase in people living on the streets and on food stamps that the corporate owned media will not touch with a ten foot pole. Care for some tent city pictures along with homeless wandering around? I have never seen it this bad no matter where I go in the country.

Taxes and regulations have sickened capitalism like a wasting disease. Welfare and the minimum wage are opium and nothing else.

Who write the rules and regulations? Want to take a guess? It is not the 99%

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Mr. Koch's statement indeed projects a universal problem, "corporates welfare". It is the solutions that vary.

Let's say there is a family member, Uncle Sam, who is ailing. Koch would say, put him out of his misery, we'll be better off without him. Do away with Uncle Sam entirely.

Koch's immediate family members chime in Oh, no, we need Uncle Sam, because he gives us money. He gives us contracts for our businesses, lets us keep our money to build our wealth, and we need to keep him around to profitize....privatize....more so we can get more $ out of him.

Then there are other family members who say that Uncle Sam doesn't need to die but instead should be made well again, to function efficiently for everyone, not just a few family members.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

What is going on here? Opinions?

Used car salesman tactics:
Tell the naive buyer what he wants to hear , in order to sell him the piece of junk car you have in the back lot.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
In other words the Koch brothers fear they will be outspent for peddling influence.
They're also desperately in need of some good PR.
Often the loudest to protest are the guiltiest of the bunch.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join