It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump talked politics with Bill Clinton weeks before launching 2016 bid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Aleister

This is the Washington Post reporting the story, they are a rather liberal news outlet.

As opposed to a rather conservative news outlet like....umm....?

critics point to Trump’s past donations to the Clintons and other Democrats. The call also raises questions about why Clinton was so eager to appeal to Trump. Hillary Clinton has used the reality TV celebrity’s numerous controversial statements on the campaign trail to smear not just Trump, but the entire Republican field.
dailycaller.com...

edit on 6-8-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
As opposed to a rather conservative news outlet like....umm....?

The Washington Times or New York Post.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Perhaps, though I see this story reported by just about every news outlet.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Going to go old fashioned ATS route here for this post.

Using the online tool of Muckety to investigate Donald Trump,
he has a score of 99, which reflects this fact:

If someone has a score of 99, it means that he or she has more connections and influence than 99 percent of the others in our listings of the most influential people in America.

Rankings reflect the scope of the Muckety database, which focuses primarily on U.S. business, government, politics and entertainment.

Muckety shows that Donald Trump has infact funded ( aka donated ) to The Clinton Foundation.
As far as I can see, Trump supported McCain in 2008, and also $50,000 to Rahm Emmanuel.

www.muckety.com...

Hillary Clinton also has a score of 99, and here is the map of connections.
Muckety Map of Clinton

I suppose only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I watched the GOP debate on Fox News...and Trump was the only one
who would not pledge to run only as a Republican. He raised his hand
and explained that he would run as an Independent if he felt like it.

Yes, he has touched a nerve with soundbites, but really nothing
that the other candidates have not already said.

My gut feeling about him is uneasy.
He comes off like a shill. Maybe that is because he is one?

just my 2 cents.

The rest of the candidates I felt were genuine.
edit on 6-8-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I thought Trump was honest on that point. Everyone expected he would be willing to go 3rd party and he stood up and said he would. Part of it is pandering to his base that will support him no matter what, but another part of it is him threatening the other Republicans saying you either give him a shot, or he'll do his best to split the vote. The better he does in the debates, the more credible that threat is which is why Fox is demonizing him, but other agencies are saying he won by a large margin.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yes, he was honest about that aspect, I will give him that.
I did not see it as Fox demonizing him though, just really that they grilled
him on a lot of questionable stuff. I.e. his previous support
of Democrats, switching parties, etc.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Oh, you started the thread. Can I gloat here ? Or perhaps I'll wait till Hillary wins POTUS but yeah, our suspicions are correct

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

did you happen to see what trump said last night,

“I gave to many people before this,” Trump said at the debate today. “When they call, I give. And you know what, when I need something from them two years later, three years later, I call them. They are there for me.”

His comments came in response to an attack from rival Sen. Rand Paul. “You've donated to several Democratic candidates. You explained away those donations saying you did that to get business-related affairs,” Paul said. “And you said recently, quote, ‘when you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to do.’”

“You better believe it,” Trump responded.

so he admits to being part of the crocked system, why would he think that will help him win. i mean we all know that's the way it works, but wouldn't he think that is part of what people want to change.

as i've said, they know who's gonna be president. they just put certain people up front to say things they want to see if they can do, or keep on doing with any hassle from the folks they are lying to.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yeah I caught that. I was streaming audio from one site while watching a tiny video from another site with no audio, out of sync by about a minute. But I watched the debate lol. Every time he opens his pie hole, it reveals something. It's all one crooked game. I also liked his response about the 1b debt he caused his investors. "they're killers" he says, not cuddly or something rather. But he's admitting to ripping people off and it's ok because their ruthless anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Trump running as independent would be bad for the GOP this election but, in the long term if he or his supporters were to start a new party and it would split off the radical tea party elements that have made the GOP so unpalatable to the American public that would be a win. If the GOP is smart they will encourage Trump to run as independent and even form his own party. It will cost them some of the base but, they will more than make up for that by being able to regain some support at the national level where they have lost all almost all support. So if the GOP play it smart they could use Trump to fix the party. Every day Trump is a party of the GOP the party becomes less and less popular.
edit on 7-8-2015 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Why is it that only the so-called radical right is unpalatable, but the Democrats can actually be the radical left and no one cares? In fact, everyone seems to love Sanders. You can't get much more radical than someone who endorses an ideology that is antithetical to pretty much the entire Bill of Rights.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why is it that only the so-called radical right is unpalatable, but the Democrats can actually be the radical left and no one cares? In fact, everyone seems to love Sanders. You can't get much more radical than someone who endorses an ideology that is antithetical to pretty much the entire Bill of Rights.

You would have to ask the American people that. In polling the GOP are seen as nearly twice as radical as the DNC, while the DNC is seen as being able to lead in a more honest ethical way by two to one margin and even more so when it comes to what party is concern about people like me. Their is little good news for the GOP. GOP favorability takes negative turn
edit on 7-8-2015 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: ketsuko

You would have to ask the American people that. In polling the GOP are seen as nearly twice as radical as the DNC, while the DNC is seen as being able to lead in a more honest ethical way by two to one margin and even more so when it comes to what party is concern about people like me. Their is little good news for the GOP. GOP favorability takes negative turn

Probably why Trump is doing well in polling and keeps playing the I'm not a politician. It's actually liable to work.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join