It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver man charged with seven felonies for handing out ‘jury nullification’ fliers outside court

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

A Denver man has been charged with multiple felonies after he was caught distributing fliers to educate potential jurors about the practice of “jury nullification.”

The Denver Post reported that 56-year-old Mark Iannicelli set up a small booth with a sign reading “Juror Info” outside the Lindsay-Flanigan Courthouse in Denver last week. The Denver District Attorney’s Office charged Iannicelli with seven counts of jury tampering after members of the jury pool were found to be in possession of fliers describing jury nullification...

...the complaint “does not accuse Mr. Iannicelli of advocating for or against any case in progress” and “it does not accuse Mr. Iannicelli even of targeting individuals for sharing information with them.”

Denver man charged with seven felonies for handing out ‘jury nullification’ fliers outside courthouse

I'm amazed at the lengths our corrupt 'justice' system will go to to keep people in the dark as to we the people's true power. Seven felonies for informing people of a part of our justice system that has existed for hundreds of years. A right that certainly isn't taught in schools.

Cheers my friends!

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

If the local Colorado papers and television news outlets pick the story up he will have accomplished what he set out to do. Darn citizens, trying to take the law into their own hands where it belongs.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I have been tempted to share jury nullification information while on jury "duty" (Uh Huh) Duty, he he .....
But steered away from it because my fellow jurors were so incredibly butt stupid that they had decided the outcome of the case before both sides of the argument were presented.

Of course, being societally retarded as most people seem to be, they never considered finding themselves in the same situation as the defendant and how much they would enjoy a bit of consideration if they did find themselves in a similar pickle.

I hold out little hope that any of these things will lean enough toward right for myself or anyone with half a brain to risk butting heads with the system of legal rape of the poor, as it is....

I would bet that quite a few of the people who saw this story on the news babbled the ridiculously stupid "serves him right for going against the legal system"....

He's a hero but few will notice.
edit on 6-8-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: retarded due to lack of caffienne

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Only in the US is education a felony.

What utter rot.

These or similar fliers should be mandatory to give to every juror. Otherwise one cornerstone of your justice system is missing.

Well, we will have to see how this one goes through the court.

This could be funny, laughable even, but it is no joke.

We should all jump in and arrange a campaign to help with his legal costs.

P

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Your post made me go look; I quickly found stories from the Denver Post and channel 9 in Denver:

Denver Post

Channel 9

The Denver Post even briefly explains what jury nullification is which surprised me while channel 9 opted not to.
edit on 8/6/15 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I was involved in a case which had jury nullification. Not sure why talking about this is a problem.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

If this fellow is charged with seven felonies then the data on jury notification will have to be part of his case when he....goes before a jury.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Figured I'd post a link to explain what jury nullification is exactly as it doesn't seem to be posted yet.

Jury Nullification

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

We should all jump in and arrange a campaign to help with his legal costs.

Or better, inform HIS jury of the nullification power they hold in their hands.

How ironic.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Or better, inform HIS jury of the nullification power they hold in their hands.

If this case actually goes to trial, then it is 100% certain that the defendant's attorney will enter the fliers as evidence...maybe even put the defendant on the stand to explain exactly what he was doing. By the time the jury goes to deliberate, they will be well versed in jury nullification. This is surely a case that the DA does not want to see play out inside a courtroom.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Agreed, which is strange because i ask myself why even arrest the guy in the first place, on not one but seven counts?

If they never intended to take him to court because of the potential for spreading his information to a much larger audience, why bother to take the risk of bringing publicity at all?

Weird.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Bravo, Mr Iannicelli.

If the DA has a lick of sense, he'll withdraw the complaint and not risk exposing the ass of our legal system. If it does go through, I hope the case gets national attention and inspire more people to do the same.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

If they never intended to take him to court because of the potential for spreading his information to a much larger audience, why bother to take the risk of bringing publicity at all?

Because the wolf can never have too much control over the sheep. Make an example of this guy and people will think he was doing something wrong or spreading false information.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If he really wants to commit an act of civil disobedience, he should plead not guilty, request a jury trial, and make a very public showing out of kicking the holy hell out of lady liberty and her crooked ass scales.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
If he really wants to commit an act of civil disobedience, he should plead not guilty, request a jury trial, and make a very public showing out of kicking the holy hell out of lady liberty and her crooked ass scales.

I guess even if they drop the charges suspecting he would use the trial as a show-boat, he could still get his day in court if he prosecutes the DA for wrongful arrest and takes THEM to court.

This could seriously end up shooting tptb in the arse.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's a problem because jury nullification threatens the state. It threatens the miserable status quo in our criminal justice system. As in 1776, it threatens 'the crown'.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Was anybody able to find an exact copy, picture or transcript of the flier that he was handing out? I'm curious.
edit on 6-8-2015 by charolais because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
Was anybody able to find an exact copy, picture or transcript of the flier that he was handing out? I'm curious.
Even if I had it wouldn't I get charged with 10,000 felonies for showing it to you? You could be on a jury someday as could the other 9999 active members of ATS who would see it. But yes it would be interesting to see it.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: charolais
Even if I had it wouldn't I get charged with 10,000 felonies for showing it to you? You could be on a jury someday as could the other 9999 active members of ATS who would see it. But yes it would be interesting to see it.

Send it my way, I'll post it since I'm in Scotland and no felonies here. Hell, average jail time for murder is 12 yrs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join