It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck Driver Wins Dem Nomination In Mississippi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Awesome...

An unknown political candidate, Robert Gray, has virtually seized the Dem nomination in Mississippi. Gray, a truck driver, shocked his opponents by winning the nomination with no campaign spending and very few appearances on the campaign trail.

Source

Robert Gray, a 46-year-old Terry independent truck driver, didn't vote in the Mississippi party primaries yesterday. Before this morning, he said he had never stepped foot inside the state Capitol building. Yet, as of now, he is the presumptive Democratic nominee for governor.

Gray shocked political watchers around the state by finishing first among the three Democratic candidates with 51 percent of the vote, which would not necessitate a runoff if the totals hold up. Most pundits believed Vicki Slater, who had a robust and active campaign, would capture the nomination, but she only drew 30.2 percent. Dr. Valerie Short, a retired physician, received 18.8 percent.

Perhaps there is hope after all. Maybe people are becoming aware of the state of our current political system here in America.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Maybe we get ourselves a Convoy !!!!

C.W. McCall - Convoy

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'll be keeping an eye on this one. I think its great that a virtually unknown person with no campaign spending and very little support, (he thought anyways) has the ability of winning a nomination like this. In my opinion, I think people are becoming aware of the system and want something different, something besides the status quo; may be the spark that fuels a tidal wave of change...(fingers crossed)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think it's a step in the right direction.

I think DC underestimates how pissed people are.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Like I said...
Vote THIRD PARTY !!!!!

Don't accept more of the same.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is great!!!!!!! People are waking up!!!!

Is a small thing, but, there's hope yet

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Ain't she a beautiful sight

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

10-4

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is all well and good, but how did this happen?

I voted in the primaries and his name was first on the list. Never heard of the guy, as he did no real campaigning or spending. The other two I've heard of and voted for one of them. This guy didn't even vote himself Tuesday, said he got busy and lost track of time. I read online that his listed residence was found to be abandoned when investigated.

So, can this guy even challenge the incumbent republican Phil Bryant?

MPB also reports that the house that Gray used on his election paperwork “appears to be abandoned.” Read more: dailycaller.com...

Robert Gray

Slater said from her home late Tuesday that Gray was "sort of a mystery guy" who showed up at very few campaign events. "I did everything I could to win this," Slater told AP. Slater campaigned on expanding Medicaid and fully funding an education budget formula that has been largely ignored since it was put into law in 1997.

Vicki Slater

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

Maybe the tired recycled pledges are not what people want anymore. Maybe consistently expanding programs are not the cures that people are seeking. How many decades have the same programs expanded? What do we have to show for?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Not surprised at all

top topics

join