It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Cop Killed A White Teen And The #AllLivesMatter Crowd Said Nothing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
Am I the only one getting tired of the "white man killed, where is the media outrage" threads?? I'm not trying to derail your thread, but honestly it's pi$$ing into the wind if you ask me.

are you not getting tired of the "black man killed by police"

When in all actuality more white men are killed by police then black men?

Theres a problem with police over reach and militantism PERIOD , whatever color you are......

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

All lives matter is a fictional movement...

It's like men jumping in on women's rights and changing a slogan.

It's disgusting.

#BlackLivesMatter

African Americans make up 12.6% of the U.S. population2 but the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that black women accounted for 35.4% of all abortions in 2009. 3. The Guttmacher Institute (AGI) puts the percentage of black abortions at 30% of the U.S. total.

Then where are they on that?

Seems a bit hypocritical , and I know your stance on Abortion too.....

This whole blacklives matter is agenda driven , not equality driven

It's cause driven, not agenda driven.

There are movements against abortion and black on black crime as well.

This is for neither of those causes.

No its noit Charlie , because if it was cause driven, they wouldnt shout "NO" and demand appologies from people for saying all lives matter......

Martin Luther King, would roll over in his grave if he saw black people out there promoting one color over another in value.......

This is agenda driven and its a divisive tactic.......

Take part in it if you want......

But im for all lives mattering and equality across the board......

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Why do we need a separate movement

History.

Historically, men have gotten the SHAFT in divorce agreements and especially where custody is concerned. What's wrong with supporting a movement called #mensrights?

Don't ALL of our rights matter? Yes, of course, but this is the MEN'S RIGHTS movement. To deny it is to deny that there's an issue in the first place.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

They said no because that's not the cause or movement.

People don't show up to free Tibet rallies and say free Palestine or free everywhere...

They say free Tibet...

It's not only the movement but it's common courtesy to respect the specific movement.

Yes all lives matter...
But that doesn't get to the root of the problem.

Which is possible racism and over zealous cops acting on that possibility without accountability...

The average roid rage cop who gets charged with brutality is not what this cause is about.

You can look up the movements goals.

They're linked to many other causes...
This is there specific cause.

Hijacking that is wrong in my opinion.
edit on 5-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Root, not route!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The one internet meme said it best.

Yes All lives matter, but we're focusing on the black ones right now because it is apparent that our judicial system and our police don't know that.

That you have to hijack this movement to put all lives matter doesn't help anything. Any normal person knows that all lives matter. We all get that, except for our judicial system and police departments.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

From 1999 to 2011, 2,151 white people were killed by cops. 1,130 black people were. When you consider that there are 5 times more white people than black, the fallacy of your statement becomes clear.

Source
edi t on 8/5/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I am all for black lives mattering…where did you get that I wasn't? I don't stand behind anything divisive…because…well…it divides us as humans and as a nation. Either way you look at it it makes those lines in the sand. The I'm this or I'm that so I matter more because we've been though more or this or that type of mentality. All that serves to do is handicap us. I would stand up for anyone I saw being wronged regardless of the circumstance. I even would stand up against people who are dumb due to their own fault and that's my biggest pet peeve. Regardless of the situation all people matter and all people are worthy of basic human rights. You're too hung up on this particular movement or color or whatever dividing line it is to see that right now, but one day it will dawn on you and you will realize how right I am.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

All lives matter is a fictional movement...

It's like men jumping in on women's rights and changing a slogan.
It's disgusting.
#BlackLivesMatter

I'm somewhat in agreement there, even mainstream media have given out apologies for talking about all lives matter in reference to black people being killed by police. This is a real problem for everybody, and everybody needs to recognise that nothing will be done unless everybody is doing the shouting. There should be no 'comfort laws' for policemen to go out, knowing that any little nuance, any little hint of something, is enough for them to blow people away, and/or lie and embellish their own part. Jesus, Mary and Jofus what does it take for us ordinary people to understand that there is an iron fist ruling, and ruining your lives How can you respect an officer who shoots somebody in the head at point blank range, draws a gun on someone filming them, tips a disabled person out of their wheelchair onto the floor, just to see if they are disabled, or when several 'officers' shoot dead a young bipolar person with disability as he makes one step out of his home with a tiny screwdriver in his hand..in front of his mother, who had asked the police for help, and while the police knew about his disability. No their is something seriously wrong, and it's only people getting together that is going to make a difference.
edit on 5-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Only in an upside down country that has lost its moral compass can you say being bood for "all lives matter" is acceptable because it doesnt "benefit the cause"

People don't show up to free Tibet rallies and say free Palestine or free everywhere...

They say free Tibet...

It's not only the movement but it's common courtesy to respect the specific movement.

Again how is it disrespectful to say all lives matter.........again only in an upside down world and only a movement that isnt about equality but is about agenda

Which is possible racism and over zealous cops acting on that possibility without accountability...

being that more white people are killed by police then african american

Id say the MAIN cause is an out of control police force........but I guess facts dont trump emotion....

again , saying that all lives matter is "hijacking" anything is more sad then anything......

And people say conservatives are backwards

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

They say free Tibet...

Yes all lives matter...
But that doesn't get to the route of the problem.

The average roid rage cop who gets charged with brutality is not what this cause is about.

You can look up the movements goals.

They're linked to many other causes...
This is there specific cause.

maybe they should start within their own community first then and among each other because more black lives are ended by black people than any other cause out there...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

But you're not right...

It's you who is dwelling, on the notion that BlackLivesMatter protesters and activists only go to BlackLivesMatter matter protests and rallies...

These people are members of a myriad of movements and this is one specific movement for a specific cause.

They're not Westboro.

I've protested for a Free Palestine and I've protested Media Silence...
Two separate causes.

You'd assume that I only belong to one of those movements because I'm outspoken on Palestine...

But the fact is I can juggle movements, network, and recruit for more movements or be recruited by others for another worthy cause...

That's how this rigged game works...

You don't become billions overnight.
edit on 5-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

From 1999 to 2011, 2,151 white people were killed by cops. 1,130 black people were. When you consider that there are 5 times more white people than black, the fallacy of your statement becomes clear.

Source

From your source

The Bureau of Justice Statistics reported that in 2004, state courts had over 1 million felony convictions. Of those, 59 percent were committed by whites and 38 percent by blacks. But when you factor in the population of whites and blacks, the felony rates stand at 330 per 100,000 for whites and 1,178 per 100,000 for blacks. That’s more than a three-fold difference.

So then by that standard, if the percentage is that much more committing felonies, wouldnt that lead one to believe that the increase in the probability of violent confrontation would increase?

Im not giving the cops a pass on this at all, trust me after an experience I had a few years back I have not much love for them.....

But the stats in your own article there are pretty self evident

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Exactly...good quote.

And for perspective...

Source

At least 3,500 Americans have been detained inside a Chicago police warehouse described by some of its arrestees as a secretive interrogation facility, newly uncovered records reveal.

Of the thousands held in the facility known as Homan Square over a decade, 82% were black. Only three received documented visits from an attorney, according to a cache of documents obtained when the Guardian sued the police.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

That's how this rigged game works...

You don't become billions overnight.

and youre being rigged by a movement that contends that saying all lives matters is a bad thing....

How can people have such cognitive dissonance?

ive seen people try to explain this and they have to go through all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify it.......

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
But why are we even having a discussion or argument/contest over black lives matter and all lives matter ?

All lives matter. We all agree on that.

Black lives matter. Why do we need to say that? Because Depending on where you live, there is good chance that you might need to drive this point home. In Vegas it's not so much of an issue, but in Ferguson it is. The cops there don't realize that. Black lives matter is not a wrong statement to make and does not negate all lives matter. However, using all lives matter to try to belittle the term black lives matter is a problem. Only someone with no grasp of reality would need to do that.

This is not a contest.

This discussion is pointless. All lives matter and Black lives matter. Depending on your location and circumstances driving home the point that black lives matter may be a very needed slogan and a very important thing to do.

Also...Palestinian lives matter. They do. Gay and Lesbian lives matter. Transgender Lives matter. Hispanic lives matter. Military veteran's lives matter. Homeless lives matter.

All that is a given. But some of us need to be reminded of this. It's not open to discussion.
edit on 5-8-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Rebutting the fallacies & false equivalences surrounding BLM is not mental gymnastics, it's called logic and reason through research.

The only division is from, ahem, white people, who feel it necessary to hijack a movement.

Can't we sit this one out?
Support where needed?
Do we need to be centre of attention?

Not in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
This has been making the rounds slowly but will not get big until the video is released. Police say he drove toward them, the family lawyer says he was shot from the side but, the medical report is not out yet. So basically it is a waiting to see what happened.

As far as I understand it, the police are tending to agree that the young man was shot, pretty much point blank through an open window from a behind perspective.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Honouring All Who Served....

Veterans slogan...

How about all the victims of war change that slogan to Honouring All Who Suffered?

No...

No.
Exactly.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Rebutting the fallacies & false equivalences surrounding BLM is not mental gymnastics, it's called logic and reason through research.

Logic and reasoning tells me that if a movement is pushing for equality the mantra would be "All lives matter" not just black lives matter

The only division is from, ahem, white people, who feel it necessary to hijack a movement.

Says a group of people who boo others for saying "all lives matter" and promotes" black lives matter" pardon me if I find that a bit hypocritical for them to say they arent promoting division.......

Can't we sit this one out?
Support where needed?
Do we need to be centre of attention?

Not in my opinion.

Sit it out? meh I choose to disagree with divisive rhetoric, which is what IMHO that mantra is....not one race over another.....but we can agree to disagree yes, and ill not try and derail the thread from what it is.....

Sorry guys

you know I love ya and dont think less of you no matter your social or political views bud......
edit on 8/5/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

you know I love ya and dont think less of you no matter your social or political views bud......

Feelings mutual mate.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join